Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Waterlily, Unity, Bel Air
Though “old” news now, Chanel’s Les Naturels de Chanel was a brief reprieve from the transition from summer to fall collections as it debuted in June. I thought I’d share the Glossimers ($27.00 each), just because who doesn’t like to peep out Chanel?
- Waterlily is a soft, shimmering pink with a bit of beige to it. The shimmer is a mix of peach and gold, and it transfers well to lips. There’s not a lot of color, but there is plenty of sparkle going on!
- Unity is a bronzy shimmering gloss with multicolored shimmer in a sheer, brownish-peach base. This one was the most pigmented of the three when I applied them to my lips.
- Bel Air is a semi-sheer, creamy mellowed out pink. It goes on slickly, makes lips look luscious and plump. I did get decent color out of this shade, despite it seeming like it would end up being pretty sheer. Instead, my lips looked like a nice, neutral shade of pink with an ultra glossy finish.
Of the three, Waterlily was my favorite, just because I love me some shimmering goodness, and if it’s gold shimmer, I’m probably already half-way in love.
See swatches and lip swatches… Continue reading →
Nordstrom.com is now up and open with this year’s Anniversary Sale!
Every year, I always get excited about the sale, just because I tend not to purchase much besides shoes and beauty products from Nordstrom… but the sale always allows me a little more room to maneuver and consider other purchases, too. Time to get tempted! Happy shopping — share your hauls in the comments!
I ended up getting two pairs of BCBGirls pumps and a pair of blue suede flats!
Deluxe Eyeshadows for the Luxe Lovin’
Urban Decay really outdid themselves this season with the sheer amount of new products they launched! With the fall comes three new shades of their deluxe eyeshadow ($18.00 each) in Freakshow, Ruthless, and Frigid. These are actually some of the first single eyeshadows for me — I’ve mostly just experienced their extremely high-in-value palettes they’ve put out All three shades are smooth, pigmented, and easy to blend.
- Ruthless is a champagne shade with just a touch of silver sheen.
- Freakshow is a deep, rich purple with a little bit of red tones to it. It has a cool violet-blue sheen.
- Frigid is a dark blue with purple mixed in and a soft, silvery-blue sheen.
Anyone else snatch these up yet?
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →
Do you consider yourself a beauty bargain hunter? Are you always on the look-out for a good deal?
I always keep an eye out for sales and the like, but I don’t say that sales make or break my purchases!
Beauty Basics: MAC Face Brushes
Beauty Basics is a series covering basic products and tools that help to make applying your makeup easier. To view the entire series to date, be sure to visit the beauty basics, or you can view posts within the series about MAC Face Brushes.
Focus On: MAC 191 Square Foundation Brush
MAC 191 Square Foundation Brush ($32.00) is a flat, square-shaped brush made out of synthetic fibres. It’s fairly firm, and the edge of the brush is fine and firm. Although it’s touted as a foundation brush, I prefer using this to apply creamy products like face primers, moisturizers, etc. I just don’t find it works nearly as well for foundation as brushes like the 109, 187, or 182. I do like the edge, though, because it can give you crisper lines when you want them, and it also lets you get into hard-to-reach areas like the nose. This is probably one of my least loved face brushes, just because I prefer so many others over it.
How do you like to use this brush?
See close-ups… Continue reading →
So much for having mastered false lashes! Trying to use them in this look turned out to be more disaster than gorg. Good thing this was just for fun and not going out, because then I would have been upset rather than just a little disappointed it didn’t all wrap up into a nice little bow. This is a very OTT look, and it was deliberately made that way. I’d probably wear it out, but I totally understand if anyone feels it’s a bit too bright/much for the grocery store Besides, it looked good from afar, and nobody should be standing THISCLOSE to my eyes anyway, right?!
For those wondering, you can purchase Make Up For Ever at Sephora.com.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Make Up For Ever #910 Star Powder (springy green base), Make Up For Ever #171 Eyeshadow (shimmery yellow-green), Make Up For Ever #93 Eyeshadow (matte aqua-green), Make Up For Ever #159 Eyeshadow (matte royal blue), Make Up For Ever #167 Eyeshadow (shimmery medium blue), Make Up For Ever #102 (matte eggshell), Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow (black), Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara (black), , Make Up For Ever #7L Aqua Eyes Liner, Make Up For Ever #156 Genevieve False Lashes
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #5 Blush (matte coral-orange), Make Up For Ever #153 Blush (shimmery peachy-gold)
- Lips: Urban Decay Naked lipstick (shimmery pink-beige), Chanel Arlequin Glossimer (shimmering gold)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (highlighting brush)
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply #910 Star Powder all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack #171 eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply #93 eyeshadow to the middle portion of the lid. On the outer lid and crease, apply #167 eyeshadow with the 226. Darken crease with #159 eyeshadow using the 219, and then blend out with the 226. With #171 eyeshadow, apply it just above the crease colors with the 217. Sweep #102 eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight with the 217. Apply #7L Aqua Eyes Liner on lower lash line. Smudge lower lash line with #171 eyeshadow with the 214 brush, pressing into lower lashes. Apply #156 Genevieve false lashes on upper lash line. Finish with Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow on on the upper lash line using the 208. Apply Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with #5 Blush using the 129, then highlight with #153 with the 165. Apply Urban Decay Naked lipstick to lips, and then top with Chanel Arlequin glossimer for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →