Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
MAC Overrich, a collection of eight pigments, launches today, alongside Cult of Cherry. I received samples of all of the ones featured sometime ago, so you can see my earlier review if you missed it or need to re-read!
- Blonde’s Gold is nice neutral-white kind of color with a touch of warmth in the form of bronzy-gold; it makes a great neutral base.
- Museum Bronze is a deep, metallic bronzy-gold color. I know in the swatch photo it looks rather bronzy, but I swear it seems more like an antique gold shade when I stare at on my hand (then again, the light by my desk isn’t the *best*). Anyway, gorgeous bronze color. It’s probably not a “must have” for everyone, but it is for me.
- Mega-Rich is a subdued coppery orange color. It’s not really like Coppersparkle, just because it has a subtle sheen, no over-the-top frosty shimmer/sparkle. I think it’s a bit more orange, too.
- Copperbeam is a rich copper-burgundy color; I see definite tones of earthy red mixed in. This is actually somewhat similar to Heritage Rouge — it’s distinctly different in a sense, but the two are close. This one has more red-brown to it; it reminds me of Antiqued eyeshadow, actually.
- Vintage Gold is a more antique version of Golden Olive (and less frost in its finish, more subtle sheen). Kind of like a dirty green with lots of gold pearl.
- Antique Green kind of reminds me of Deep Blue Green with more teal and gold in it (I am not saying it is a dupe for this color!!). Maybe a lighter version? The color is very much like a dirty green-teal color. It will be interesting to use this in a look.
- Heritage Rouge is a reddish purple–kind of like Cranberry eyeshadow. Like the others, this has a metallic sheen, but it isn’t too much, unlike some of the existing frost pigments. I think the texture and finish of these alone makes them worth checking out, even if you might have a possible dupe.
- Mauvement is a shimmery cool-toned purple with a gray cast to it. I find it incredibly frosty, and it doesn’t feel as smooth as the others.
Check out swatches! Continue reading →
Cult of Cherry officially launches today, and I thought what better way to kick it off than by reviewing some of the past posts made for it?
- Full Details & Promo Pics – Start planning your haul by checking out what you can expect in the launch!
- Swatches Preview — Get your engine going with swatches of the Tempting quad as well as a few of the lip products (and a death-to-your-wallet vampy-as-hell nail polish)!
- A Few Lip Swatches — Sometimes just a skin swatch isn’t enough, and with such dark and bold lip colors to choose from this launch, seeing the colors on the actual lips is vital.
- Cult of Cherry Look — Want to see what some of those dark lip colors look like in an actual look? Then click!
- Tempting Quad Look — See what you can do with the Tempting quad, when you want to use all four colors at once!
- Sharp Look-a-likes! — What’s all this hype over Sharp? Find out! (And then see if you can pass on it!)
A word on the review: it is forthcoming! I am traveling all day today, but I have a short layover at Honolulu airport, which does have a MAC store. The bad news is it is in a Duty Free Shop (though I didn’t see any guards nor signs posted about the typical DFS policy of requiring international boarding passes). I fully intend to walk in like I own the place and do my very best to grab y’all swatches before they kick me out! (This, of course, does hinge on them having Cult of Cherry out…) I will do my very best to get it up today, but if it’s not – check out the posts above! If I can’t get swatches today, you can bet I will be at Nordstrom’s first thing tomorrow AM Thank you for your understanding!
Have you seen Cult of Cherry yet? Share your reviews, thoughts, hauls (and potential hauls!), or questions with us all!
Do you take any supplements to enhance your beauty? If so, which ones? What do you feel they do for you? If not, have you thought about it?
As someone who isn’t scared of heights, the zipline wasn’t as exhilerating as I thought it would be. I think I had more of a “thrill ride” while horseback riding! It wasn’t bad, but I don’t think I need to do it again. I did this look late in the day (probably 4pm or so), and I figured I’d go bolder than I have been! Today’s my last day to bum around Hawaii – tomorrow I fly back home. I miss my baby boy and my boyfriend terribly, so I’m eager to return home after being away for a week
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Cocomotion pigment (metallic brown base), Rye eyeshadow (antique gold), Mink & Sable eyeshadow (olive green), Gulf Stream eyeshadow (teal), Ricepaper eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Feline kohl power (black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Margin blush (dirty pink)
- Lips: Strawberry Blonde lipstick (pink), C-thru lipglass (nude)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Cocomotion = Tan; Rye = Romp; Mink & Sable = Sumptuous Olive; Gulf Stream = Shimmermoss; Strawberry Blonde = Sweetie
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Cocomotion pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. Apply Rye eyeshadow to inner third of the lid using the 239 brush. Follow by applying Mink & Sable eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken outer lid with Gulf Stream eyeshadow. Apply Gulf Stream eyeshadow into outer crease to deepen, using the 239. Soften harsh lines with Rye eyeshadow swept above crease. Highlight brow with Ricepaper eyeshadow. Line lower lash line with Feline kohl power. Sweep apples of cheeks with Margin blush using the 129. Apply Strawberry Blonde lipstick to lips, and then top with C-thru lipglass for color and shine.
Continue reading →
We are always looking for ways to look better, but how about some tips on how to look better without paying a penny?
Hydrate all day long! Water is good for you. Drinking at least eight, eight ounce glasses of water a day will better hydrate your body. Increasing your water intake will give you improved skin and your health.
Look in your fridge! I bet you have a few items in there that you won’t get around to using or finishing, and maybe a few of them could be used in a homemade beauty recipe. Those buy one, get one free eggs? SO many face masks require egg whites or yolks. Instead of letting a few go rotten, pamper yourself.
Get some much needed rest! Sleep the amount you need to sleep. We make time for so many things, but too often sleep gets the shaft. Eight hours is the average required by most, but some need only six, while others need ten! Find your happy medium and start going to bed a little earlier so you can get your full required amount. You’ll look and feel better in the morning.
Smile more! Find reasons to smile throughout the day–whatever they may be. Everybody looks good in a smile.
Seek out some outdoor fun! (Just make sure you wear sunscreen!) Go for a walk around your neighborhood (alone, with friends, with the neighbor’s dog…) or take a sketch pad and sit on a park bench. Warm temperatures, lots of scenery, and movement will refresh you.
How do you look better without spending a dime? Share your tricks!
For our next giveaway in our Summer of Fun Giveaways, we know how important brows can be. So we’re giving away tools for the PERFECT BROWS…
- Clinique Brow Keeper in Warm Brown
- RED by Kiss Slant Tip Tweezer & Eeybrow Brush/Comb
This prize package is worth $20.00! To enter to win, leave a comment telling me what kind of brows you like, and make sure to use an accurate e-mail address (this is how we contact you if you win!) by August 21st, 9PM PST. Remember, there are ways to increase your chances to win, so make sure you find out how (and read additional rules).