Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Beauty Bargains: This Week’s Coupons, Sales, & Promotions
- Bath & Body Works: 3 for $10 Mix & Match on Travel Size Products; 2 for $20 Mix & Match on Select Products; 2 for $20 Candles; $3 Room Fragrances; $5 Hand Sanitizer. Expires 9/2/09.
- Benefit Cosmetics: Save up to 50% off at Benefit’s Summer Sale-abration! Sale ends 8/31/09. Free shipping on any $50 purchase, use code PRETTY50. For international, free shipping with $115 purchase, use code WORLD115.
- Bobbi Brown: Free Full Size Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Indigo Ink with $65 Order. ($21 Value) OFFER Code: BEST5 required. One time use. Expires 10/15/09
- Prescriptives: Free Standard Shipping with any $35 Prescriptives.com purchase, use offer code FREESHIP3 at checkout. Expires 12/31/09.
- Clinique: Receive a FREE trial-size Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Air Kiss plus FREE Shipping with any $35 clinique.com purchase. Enter offer code LGLOSS at check out. Expires 9/30/09.
- Korres: Save 30% off with code TEMPTALIA. Expires 9/15/09.
- Lisa Hoffman Skincare: Save 15% off with code TEMPTALIA. Expires 10/31/09.
- Saks 5th Avenue: Receive a Powder Pink Collection with any Bobbi Brown purchase of $100 or more. Includes a full-size Petal Lip Gloss tucked inside a mini pink nylon cosmetics case. Use code BBROWN2. Expires 11/02/09.
- Sephora: FREE Lip Polish! Get a FREE full-sized Bare Escentuals Buxom lip gloss in Charity ($18 value) when you buy a Bare Escentuals Get Started Kit. Enter code BECHARITY at checkout. Expires 8/31/09.
- Sephora: FREE Korres sample! Try their NEW age-reversing oak night cream that dramatically reduces wrinkles! Enter code KORRESOAK at checkout. Expires 8/31/09.
- Sephora: Sale section — save up to 75% off.
- Sephora: FREE Ren Body Kit! Get 2 body washes and 2 body creams ($26 value) FREE when you buy a Ren Glycolactic Peel Mask. Enter code RENEWAL at checkout. Expires 8/31/09.
- Sephora: Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo & Conditioner. Try these 1 oz. lab samples before they launch! Online only! Enter code NOFRIZZDUO at checkout. Expires 8/31/09.
- Sephora: Buy a Fusion Beauty LipFusion Color Shine gloss and get a 2nd gloss for 50% off ($19 value)! Enter code FUSION.
- Sephora: Bare Escentuals Mega Bonus: 10 Day Sample plus brush at Sephora! Enter code TRYBE at checkout. Expires 8/31/09.
- Sephora: Buy Michael Kors 1.7 or 3.4 oz. Eau de Parfum Spray get a free Michael Kors Weekender Bag. Enter code WEEKENDER at checkout.
- Sephora: Buy any combination of 3 Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow, Diamond Eyeshadow, or Powder Blush shades and get a free refillable palette ($20 value). Offer good online or in store. Enter code MUFE at checkout.
- Sephora: Get a free 0.5 REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask with any $25 order. Enter code RENPEEL at checkout.
Did we miss a fantastic offer or sale? Share it with us in the comments!
Lisa Hoffman Skincare: 15% off Coupon Code
Temptalia readers will receive 15% off their purchases through Lisa Hoffman Skincare with code TEMPTALIA through October 31st, 2009.
I’ve only just started to try some of Lisa Hoffman’s products, so I can’t quite recommend anything yet (except to say I’ve heard some of my trusty beauty bloggin’ friends rave about the line). I can say that I am loving her fragrance oils, and I like the skincare/shower products I’ve used thus far (but it’s just too early to talk about much else!).
Hopefully, though, our ever talented and beauty lovin’ readers can chime in with some of their favorites! Enjoy!
What was the last beauty product you finished? How long did it take you?
Probably MAC’s Volcanic Ash Exfoliator — six months or longer, because I used it pretty sparingly!
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
Instructions: Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share it with us in the comments section!
How often do you clean your brushes?: [answer]
What do you clean them with?: [answer]
Where do you store your brushes?: [answer]
With fall just around the corner, I thought I’d share this autumnal look from the past!
I used Off the Radar pigment on inner lid, Cocomotion pigment on middle of lid, Copperized pigment on outer lid, Rule eyeshadow on inner lid, Rye eyeshadow on middle of lid, Scarab eyeshadow on outer lid and crease, Rye eyeshadow above crease, Quick Frost pigment on brow, Scarab eyeshadow on outer lower lash line, Cocomotion pigment on inner lower lash line. I wore Other Worldly blush with Taupe blush to contour. I had Thrills lipstick with Poetique lipglass on my lips.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Korres Vanilla Cinnamon Body Milk for Soft Skin
Korres Vanilla Cinnamon Body Milk ($15.00 for 8.45 fl. oz.) is a thin, highly liquid moisturizer for the body. It smells exactly as I would imagine vanilla and cinnamon to smell together. It has the softer, subtler sweetness of creamy vanilla melded with the spiciness and woodiness of cinnamon. Korres describes the scent as “a creamy touch with insistent woody tones.”
The body milk has the consistency of heavy, heavy milk cream, so some might even call it “runny.” I was actually surprised at how thin and lightweight the body milk was, because it quite easily poured out of the container (I have a sample size–just under 2 fl. oz–as the full size versions come with a pump–thankfully!). Despite being incredibly thin, it actually moisturises very well. It kept my legs and arms scale-free all day, and I didn’t feel the need to reapply throughout the day. It absorbs quickly (less than five minutes) and doesn’t leave any greasiness or stickiness behind.
I’m really pleased that the full-size packaging has a pump, because it’s extremely helpful with this product in particular, as the consistency is so thin, it is easy to pour/squeeze out more than you need. The pump gives you much more control over just how much you need, and I have always had a preference for pump-mechanisms for a lot of products. I feel like you can “measure” how much you need by how many pumps you need, so you can be consistent day-to-day. It is also very hygenic!
The price just right, too. It’s not necessarily the cheapest way to moisturize your skin, but it doesn’t break the bank either. For me, it is in that perfect position of being affordable but still feeling like I’m indulging–just a bit.
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 9/10
- Packaging: 8/10
Recommendation: If you like spicy/woody scents, Vanilla Cinnamon is fantastic. Smells very natural, not synthetic/perfume-y. The Body Milk is hydrating even on dry skin, and it never feels heavy or greasy.
Availability: KorresUSA.com (Don’t forget — save 30% off your orders with code TEMPTALIA, good until 9/15/09!)