Here’s a lil’ video put together by the folks at MAC Cosmetics about the Autumn/Winter trends. Wonder what products we can spot!
My Monday was so unmotivated that I didn’t put this together until this morning. See why we all need a little pick-me-up at the beginning of the week? If you’ve tried any of these products, I’d love to hear your feedback! You just might save me money (or further enable me to spend!).
- Kate Somerville Skin Health Starter Kit ($70.00) is a value skincare set. I’m a big fan of Kate Somerville products (well, the few I’ve tried!), but her skincare is a little pricey, so any opportunity to try it for less… well, you have my attention. I do need to work out if it is really a “deal” or not, though.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer – Oil Free Nude ($42.00) is a long-time lemming for me. It’s been on my list for ages, but the price tag has kept me resisting thus far. I’ve heard so many great things about this product, which is kind of the root reason why I’ve always wanted to give it a shot myself.
- Sephora Brand Precision Sponge ($12.00) looks to be Sephora’s version of the famous BeautyBlender sponge. I’ve tried both the BeautyBlender and Sonia Kashuk’s version, both are really great tools when you want a sponge applicator. I prefer sponge applicators with liquid or cream foundations, though I prefer brushes overall.
- Korres Lemon Lip Scrub ($19.00) is a lip exfoliator in a lipstick-tube form. I like that it is compact and travel-friendly–no spilling here! I’m curious to see if it’ll out-do my Peter Thomas Roth scrub.
- Illamasqua Intense Lipgoss ($19.00) seems like something right up my alley–intense colored gloss? Sign me up! They have a decent amount of shades available via Sephora, so I don’t even know where to start. Probably Mistress? Maybe Petulant…
- Hourglass Primer Set ($56.00) includes both Houglass’ Veil Mineral Primer with SPF 15 as well as Solar Tan Self-Tanning Primer. I’m always curious in different face primers, but I’m particularly intrigued by a self-tanning one!
- Smashbox High Definition Dual Finish Micro Powder SPF 15 ($38.00) has an interesting delivery system–looks like it’s a lot less messy compared to traditional translucent powders. I wasn’t sold on Make Up For Ever’s HD powder, so I’m interested in seeing how Smashbox’s HD powder compares.
What are your latest lemmings? Are you close to caving?
Bobbi Brown Collection for Holiday 2009
Palettes abound in Bobbi Brown’s offerings for the holiday season!
Velvet Plum Eye Palette
- Bone Eyeshadow
- Naked Eyeshadow
- Velvet Plum Metallic Eyeshadow
- Espresso Eyeshadow
Glitter Lip Balm Palette
- Crystal Rose
- Crystal Diamond
- Pink Crystal
- Crystal Gold
Earth Metal Lip & Eye Palette
- Autumn Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow
- Earth Metal Metallic Eyeshadow
- Zinc Metallic Eyeshadow
- Black Spruce Metallic Eyeshadow
- Sunset Gold Metallic Eyeshadow
- Antique Gold Metallic Eyeshadow
- Paisley Rose Creamy Lip Color
- Rose Garden Creamy Lip Color
- Rose Bud Creamy Lip Color
- Barefoot Shimmer Creamy Lip Color
Availability: October 2009.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Estee Lauder Double Wear Lipstick and Lip Pencil for Fall 2009
New Long-lasting, Luxurious Color for a Perfect Pout that Lasts All Day
Tired of constantly having to reapply your lip color throughout the day or worry about your lip
color smudging or bleeding? Now, you can say goodbye to all the fuss and hello to lusciously full, beautifully defined, fresh looking lips that last all day!
New Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lipstick and Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lip Pencil are the
latest additions to the renowned Double Wear makeup collection of long-wearing, stay-in-place products. Each of these luxuriously creamy, long-wearing lip products deliver instant rich, staytrue color and shine to lips for a luscious look that lasts no matter how long your day or night does.
Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lipstick is a sophisticated, long-wearing, ultra creamy lipstick that
delivers long-wearing, satin-like, stay-true color to lips. Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Pencil
is a technologically advanced lip pencil that glides on delivering a smooth, even line that won’t smudge or budge all day.
Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lipstick ($22.00)
- Stay Rose
- Stay Pink
- Stay Pinkberry
- Stay Raspberry
- Stay Mauve
- Stay Plumberry
- Stay Mocha
- Stay Ginger
- Stay Coral
- Stay Scarlet
- Stay Cranberry
- Stay Ruby
Double-Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Pencil ($19.00)
- Apple Cordial
Availability: August 2009.
See more photos… Continue reading →
HauteLook is having a Laura Mercier sale!
The sale is going on now at HauteLook! I was hoping for tinted moisturizer, but no dice. I’m eying one of the concealer duos, though — anyone else have experience with these? Share your hauls in the comments per usual!
Edit: I ended up getting a concealer duo and the black cake liner! I’m also pleased to report HauteLook reduced shipping charges — it was only $5 for those two.
(The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish! )