Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
shu uemura is on sale at HauteLook!
FYI, while I normally post most deals on the deal page only, but I know we have a good amount of shu fans here, and seriously, I’ve never seen shu on a sample sale site EVER.
Uh, AMAZING SALE. Seriously – a lot of times beauty sample sales only have a few items, but this shu sale has a TON of shu uemura products. Lots of lipsticks, pencil eyeliners, cleansing oils… even a mini eyelash curler (and yes, I do think shu makes the best eyelash curler).
My haul: two pencils (Khaki & Metallic Green), two Rouge Unlimited lipsticks (Gold & Purple), Diamante false eyelashes (because they’re so pretty and I couldn’t resist), and a pressed eyeshadow in Pearl Green (reminded me of MAC’s Lucky Green from the photo!). There were so many more things I wanted, but I had to resist for the sake of my bank account!
The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish!
Urban Decay Friends & Family Sale – 30% off Your Entire Order
Get 30% off your entire order at UrbanDecay.com from November 9th through November 20th, 2009. Use code FNFW1 at checkout.
Not sure what to buy? Peruse through our Urban Decay reviews! I can tell you my absolute favorite item by Urban Decay are their 24/7 liners, though
Temptalia Gives Away $120 in MAC Cosmetics!
We’re giving away $120 in some of our favorite MAC Cosmetics’ products!
We’re giving away…
- MAC Ochre Style Eyeshadow
- MAC Rich Flesh Eyeshadow
- MAC Golden Olive Pigment
- MAC Reflects Antique Gold
- MAC Asiatique Lacquer
- MAC Vericose Violet Lacquer
- MAC Quiet Please Lipstick
- MAC Thrills Lipstick
All entries must be submitted by November 11th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via direct message on Twitter. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Re-Tweet to Win
This is a Twitter Giveaway, so it is extremely easy to enter–just two simple steps! You’re welcome to re-tweet away, but there is only one entry per person.
1. Follow us on Twitter
2. Re-tweet the following: “RT @temptalia Win $120 worth of MAC Makeup! Follow @temptalia & RT to enter! Info: http://tinyurl.com/macautumn“
Congratulations to Dao, @MyMakeupBlog, for winning!
Beauty Bargains: This Week’s Coupons, Sales, & Promotions
- Bath & Body Works: Get 20% off your entire order with code TWENTYOFF. Valid through 11/12/09.
- Bath & Body Works: 5 for $35 Mix & Match on B&BW Classics! 11/11 through 11/15.
- Bath & Body Works: 3 for $10 Anti-Bacterial! Expires 11/11
- Beauty.com: $10 off $60 at Beauty.com (must click-through this link).
- Benefit Cosmetics: Free US Standard Shipping on any $50 purchase. Enter promo code PRETTY50 at checkout. Free International Shipping with any $115 purchase. Enter promo code WORLD115 at checkout.
- Bliss: Get a free snow wonder hand cream with a fitflop purchase at blissworld.com. Enter promo code 119906 at checkout. This offer is valid November 9th through November 15th.
- Bobbi Brown: Free Full Size Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Indigo Ink ($21 Value) with $65 Order with code HOLIDAY (expires 1/15/10).
- Bobbi Brown:Free Full Size Lip Gloss in Honey ($20 value) with their order of $65 or more when they use code HONEY (expires 1/15/10).
- Bobbi Brown:Free full size Metallic Shadow in Penny ($20 Value) with any purchase of $65 or more with code PENNY (expires 12/15/09).
- The Body Shop: Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off on select Bath & Body products from The Body Shop.
- Clarins: 20% off your entire order and free shipping with code FBFF1109. Valid through 11/11/09.
- Clinique: Exclusive beauty gift, get a unique Trina Turk cosmetics bag filled with beauty essentials. A $75 value, yours with any $25 Clinique purchase at NORDSTROM.
- Kenzo: 25% off your entire purchase with code 09FAMILY. Expires 11/9/09.
- L’Occitane: 25% off your entire purchase. Valid 11/12/09 through 11/15/09.
- Philosophy: Receive a free The Gingerbread Man Shower Gel (1 oz.), no code required. Valid through 11/12/09 or while supplies last.
- Prescriptives: Free Standard Shipping with any $35 Prescriptives.com purchase, use offer code FREESHIP3 at checkout. Expires 12/31/09
- Sephora: FREE Metallic Flower clutch filled with 8 samples at Sephora.com! Yours with any $50 purchase. Use code CLUTCH4U at checkout.
- Sephora: Get Philosophy’s Amazing Grace Buffing Wash Sample with any order. Enter code BUFFING at checkout.
- Sephora: Get a Bare Escentuals 10-day sample plus mini kabuki brush FREE with any order! Use code TRYBE at checkout.
- Sephora: Beauty Insiders Only. Get a free Bare Escentuals Buxom lip mini gloss. Choose your own shade. Enter code BUXOMKISS at checkout.
- Sephora: Free Skincare Sample Kit at Sephora! Enter code 123SKIN at checkout!
- Sephora: Get a Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Mascara free with any order! Use code BEFLAWLESS at checkout.
- shu uemura: Up to 55% off at HauteLook starting at 8AM PST 11/9.
- Too Faced: 30% off your entire order with code LUCKYBREAKS.
C.O. Bigelow Warm Spiced Cider Lip Shine ($7.50 for 0.5 oz.) is a sheer, shimmery lip jelly that spells like a apple cider and tastes sweet. I very rarely lick my lips, but this tastes so yum! This particular flavor is part of the Mentha Lip Cordials, so there is a bit of a cooling sensation when you initially apply it, and apparently it also freshens breath (zero calories!). It gives lips a glossy look with just a touch of shimmer but no real color (which is fine) while keeping them hydrated while you wear it. Warm Spiced Cider is new for the holiday season, along with Hot Buttered Rum, Triple Hot Chocolate, and Vanilla Cream Eggnog. I find I apply this when I’m running errands or around the house to keep my lips in tip top shape.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you’re looking for a moisturizing lip balm/jelly, C.O. Bigelow’s Lip Shines give you high gloss, yummy flavored choices.
Availability: Bath & Body Works
What makeup/look do you wear to a job interview? Share your interview looks!
I usually do a sweep of Ricepaper eyeshadow, a touch of brown-black mascara on lashes, and Sweetie or Mari-sheeno lipstick.