Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
This look is from yesterday It’s pretty simple, and I had originally intended to wear one of Colour Ready’s bright lipsticks with it, but it definitely did *not* look good with a super bright lip. I can’t figure out why the cheeks stand out so much in pictures, because they SO didn’t in real life. I liked the way the eyes turned out, but I definitely could have paired it with different cheeks/lips to really bring it all together. Maybe next time
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Ricepaper eyeshadow (soft beige-neutral), Deep Truth eyeshadow (dark navy blue), Freshwater eyeshadow (medium bright blue), Eve Pearl Liquid Liner Pen (black), Givenchy Navy kohl (navy blue), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Dior Coral Riviera blush (soft coral)
- Lips: Sweetie lipstick (pink), Cult Fave lipglass (pastel pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Cult Fave = Cultured
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base. On the lid, apply Ricepaper eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Deep Truth eyeshadow using the 226, then overlay with Freshwater eyeshadow. Sweep Ricepaper eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Givenchy Navy kohl on lower lash line, Eve Pearl Liquid Liner Pen on upper lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Dior Coral Riviera blush with the 188. Apply Sweetie lipstick to lips, and then top with Cult Fave lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Laura Mercier’s Gilded Garden Collection debuted for the spring season with several fun, perfect-for-spring products. The collection included eyeshadows in Lilac, Marigold, Orchid, and Pink Tulip ($22.00 each); Stickgloss in Azalea and Tiger Lily ($20.00 each); and Lip Stains in English Rose and Hibiscus ($20.00 each); and the Gilded Garden Mosaic Shimmer Bloc ($38.00).
The Gilded Garden Mosaic Shimmer Bloc features a pretty flowery pattern in it, which just screams “SPRING!” to me. The two large flowers in a coral-pink and fuchsia-pink are slightly raised. They’re raised enough that I wasn’t able to swatch through to see if they go all the way through the powder. (But I’m hoping they do.)
This Shimmer Bloc is much like Bobbi Brown’s Shimmerbricks in the texture and finish–smooth, but still quite frosty. If you’re not a fan of noticeable shimmer/frost, then I’d definitely stay clear of this. If, however, you love Shimmerbricks, you’ll want to check out Laura Mercier’s Shimmer Blocs.
The overall color you get when swirling the entire Shimmer Bloc together is a almost neutral-but-slightly-cool, frosty pink. It can be used as a blusher or to highlight your favorite pink blushes.
Anyone else have this?
See close-ups and swatches… Continue reading →
What do you do if a look you try doesn’t seem to work? Wear it anyway? Start over?
I give myself two chances to do eye makeup, whether or not I’m re-doing it or trying something else after a failed attempt at one look! If I don’t succeed on attempt #2, then I say forget it!
If you were using MAC Stars ‘n Rockets Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.
Worst Liquid Liner? What product wins this category?
Zoya Summer Collections: Ooh-La-La and La-Di-Da Sneak Peeks
- Katy Pink purple with multi-color metallic highlights
- Tallulah Vibrant metallic medium blue
- Midori Unexpected metallic apple green
- Goldie Multi dimensional metallic yellow gold
- Emme Shimmering soft pink
- Ginessa Multi dimensional metallic frosty white
- America Bright orange red
- Dita Cherry red cream
- Renee Ultra bright cherry red
- Paz Ultra bright neon orange
- Ali Ultra bright neon pink
- Pippa Ultra bright neon yellow
Available: April 1st, from Zoya.com.
See images for La-Di-Da… Continue reading →