Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Estée Lauder | Vivid Garden
Warm temperatures and sunny days call for a festive garden tea party. Set in a delightfully feminine garden of blooming flowers in shades of pinks and purples, delectable petit-fours and decadent layer cakes iced in fanciful butterfly and bloom designs are passed on shining silver trays as guests enjoy a selection of delightful elixir teas. An atmosphere of fresh airiness abounds with guests dressed in softly flowing dresses with youthful expressions of color in unordinary combinations.
- Vivid Garden Illuminating Powder ($32.00)
- Duo-Tone Eye Pencil in Onyx Pearl ($18.50)
Jasmine Garden Look (Saks Fifth, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus)
- Signature Eyeshadow Quad in Jasmine Garden ($35.00)
- Pure Color Illuminating Gloss in Lotus Blossom ($18.00)
- Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Sweet Lychee ($22.00)
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Lotus Blossom ($18.00)
Orchid Garden Look (Nordstrom Exclusive)
- Signature Eyeshadow Quad in Orchid Garden ($35.00)
- Pure Color Illuminating Gloss in Peach Blossom ($18.00)
- Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Crystal Coral ($22.00)
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Peach Blossom ($18.00)
This limited edition collection is available on counter now.
See product photos… Continue reading →
I’m usually a big fan of Lush products, but this product left me wanting more. I found that this conditioner didn’t work as well as conditioners I’ve tried in the past (AG Hair, Herbal Essences, etc.), but what dismayed me is I felt like I needed to use quite a bit in order to cover all the hair I wanted to condition. I feel like if I used this as my regular conditioner, I’d probably go through the jar in a month–and I have shorter hair now! I think the problem I have with it is I can’t “work it in.” It just feels like it stays put wherever it first comes in contact with my hair, so I can’t spread it or work it through my hair at all.
The scent of Retread is an organic-floral kind of scent. There’s that more traditional organic scent (though not nauseating), but you can sniff a little perfume-y floral-ness to it, as well. The scent does linger a bit in the hair after rinsing the product out, and it’s one of those smells you either love, can put up with, or just hate. Since it lingers, you’ll want to try to do a sniff-test before you bring it home with you! (I was mostly indifferent, personally!)
I do feel this product is better suited as a leave-in conditioner or a hair mask worn for five minutes or so outside of the shower with damp-to-almost-dry hair. I think wrapped up in plastic, it will condition better. Since it would be used more as a treatment than part of your day-to-day routine, it would also allow you to stretch the product out over time and get more value out of it.
How often do you purge your stash? Do you sort through and throw things out regularly? Set aside things to give away/sell?
I try to go through my stash every four to six months to figure out what products I’m using, which ones I can’t bear to give away to friends/family, and whether I’m close to finishing any. I also try to pull out old favorites that I’ve been missing, too, while sorting!
Say hello to our new logo!
Temptalia’s logo has gotten a major revamp, and we hope you like it as much as we do! Over the next few days, we’ll be implementing the new logo and schematics into the site, so keep your eye out
Temptalia Gives Away Givenchy Maharani Silver & Maharani Gold
We’re giving away one (1) Maharani Silver Glitter Eyeshadow and one (1) Maharani Gold Glitter Eyeshadow, recently launched with spring-summer 2009 collection. Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us which one you want to win — you must pick one.
All entries must be submitted by February 28th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
As some of you may know, during my recent trip to NYC, Eve Pearl (award-winning makeup artist!) made me over! I was truly impressed by the quality of her products, and I’m definitely going to be doing some in-depth reviews of some products I found particularly amazing. For now, though, I wanted to give you a quick guide to my recommendations from her line because she’s having an amazing sale going on right now (and I wouldn’t want you to miss out on it because of my slow-to-review-self!). There’s nothing I’ve tried that I didn’t like, so I don’t have a skip-it section.
You can get 20% off Eve Pearl products by using code EP22332309!
- Salmon Concealer & Treatment ($35.00) — if you haven’t found your perfect concealer, try Eve’s. It’s using a different kind of color scheme (pink/peach) to hide your flaws compared to the more traditional concealers available.
- HD Dual Foundation ($54.00) — if you have ever had issues evening out your skin, get this! If you’ve found that foundations tend to accentuate any dryness or dry patches on your face, get this. I was suffering from acne breakouts/post-breakouts as well as a couple of dry patches (from using anti-acne treatments heavily), and this covered SO well without being heavy or noticeable.
- Priming Moisturizer ($28.00) — lightweight, emollient 2-in-1 moisturizer and primer product that *didn’t* break me out.
- Tri-Fold Eyebrow Razor ($8.00) — travel friendly and ultra compact, this is a great product to have on hand to quickly groom brows (or any pesky facial hair… hey, some of us have it, shh!).
- Baby Doll/Honey Bunny Lip Gloss Combo ($28.00) — double-ended gloss (and each section is removable for easy travel), but OMG, Honey Bunny is so pretty! It reminds me a lot of my famous Cle de Peau #2 Gloss. You know I gotta get any and all colors like it Her gloss is also mint-flavored, which I’ve never found in a gloss before.
- Blush Trio ($36.00) — three different shades, each compact features 2 matte colors and an illuminating bronzer.
- Eye Palette ($40.00) — four different palettes are available, each with six super smooth, pigmented colors.
- Smudgeproof Liquid Eyeliner ($26.00) — this is similar to MAC’s Penultimate Liner, but I like the brush tip/pen tip way better on this one (it’s easier to use, and it gives you more control).
- Kisses of Pearl Lip Gloss & Clutch Kit ($100.00) — hey, a deal? I can’t not bring it to your attention. All five of her lip glosses in a cute makeup clutch (which I have and love, very sleek!) for $20 a pop (instead of $28 each).