my thoughts on the formula: The strength of Ultra Gloss lies in its formula–I really think it’s the feel and look of the product that makes this gloss worth checking out. It’s completely non-sticky and has no scent or taste. All these characteristics leads me to think that a lot of lipgloss fans will enjoy them. I did find that these only lasted just under two hours on me, and then all that remained was the shimmer/micro glitter, and I’d say this was the major downside of this gloss.
- HAUTELOOK: Korres (3/7), Stila (3/8), Nutra Luxe MD (3/8), Luminess Air Cosmeitcs (3/9), Blinc Cosmetics (3/10), Beauty Gadget Day (3/11), TruDerma Skincare (3/12)
- IDEELI: Deep Sea Cosmetics (3/9)
Free Shipping, Coupon Codes, GWPs
- APOTHICA: Free shipping on orders of $49+
- BEAUTY.COM: $10 off $60 – you MUST click through this link to receive the offer.
- BENEFIT: Free shipping on $50+ purchases with code PRETTY50, expires 10/26. Free international shipping with $115+ purchases with code WORLD115, expires 10/26. Free Stay Don’t Stray (mini) with $50+ orders (add product to bag) and enter code ALLURING, expires 3/7.
- BIGELOW CHEMISTS: 10% off orders of $50+ with code BIG151, expires 3/15.
- BLISS: Free travel size Youth moisturizer when you purchase the full size with code FAIRY109. Free shipping on Pro Sizes with code SHIPPRO.
- BOBBI BROWN: Free full-size Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Indigo Ink and free shipping with $65+ order with code FAV77, expires 4/1. Free full-size Buff Glitter Lip Gloss and free shipping on $65+ orders with code BUFF77, expires 4/1. Free full-size Gold Dust Metallic Eyeshadow and free shipping on $65+ orders with code GOLD77, expires 4/1.
- CLINIQUE: Enjoy 2 makeup minis with any $35+ purchase with code MAKEUP, expires 4/4.
- CRABTREE & EVELYN: Buy 1, get 1 50% off on Lip Butters, expires 3/7.
- DARPHIN: Free deluxe sample of Aromatic Renewing Balm with next purchase, no code required, expires 3/30. Free standard shipping and deluxe sample of Youthful Radiance Camellia Mask with code WELCOME10, expires 3/30. Free travel-size Lipid-Replenishing Smoothing Balm for Body with $75+ purchase with code BALM11, expires 3/10.
- DERMADOCTOR.COM: 10% off orders of $40+ with code LINK40, expires 3/13.
- DRUGSTORE.COM: Buy 1 CoverGirl face item, get the 2nd 50% off, expires 3/23.
- GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY: Free shipping on $75+ orders with code DESIGNER10. $10 off + free shipping on any fragrance purchase with code GAFRAG, expires 4/1. Get a mini Lasting Silk UV Foundation + free shipping on $75+ purchase with code GABEAUTY, expires 4/1.
- KIEHLS: Free shipping on $50+ orders
- LANCOME: Receive 5 full-size lipsticks with $35+ purchase with code MARCHBDAY, expires 3/31. Receive a 3 piece sample collection and free shipping with $35+ purchase with code MARSPECIAL, expires 3/30. Receive 4 piece sample collection and free shipping with $45+ purchase with code AMARCH.
- ORIGINS: Free exclusive tote bag and Make A Difference Hand Cream with $35+ purchase with code SPRINGTOTE, expires 3/31.
- SAKS FIFTH AVENUE: Receive a luxurious introduction to The Hydrating Infusion with any La Mer purchase with code LAMER65, expires 5/2.
- SEPHORA: If you made VIB for 2011 (made $350+ purchases in 2010), get 10% off with code V436CB, expires 4/6; one-time use. Free shipping on orders of $50+. Free Murad skincare sample trio with code RESURGE. Free Bare Escentuals RareMinerals eye cream with code RAREEYE. Free deluxe-size Aquolina body mousse with any purchase with code PINKSUGAR. Free Bliss mini rollerball with any purchase with code BLISSFUL. Free travel-size Dr. Brandt Intensolution treatment with any purchase with code BLEMISHFREE.
- THE BODY SHOP: Buy 2, Get 1 free on all skincare, expires 3/13.
Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil Blending Brush ($16.00) debuted in the past couple of months, and it is a very small, domed pencil brush designed to blend and feather products like Urban Decay’s Shadow Pencils. It is made out of PET (recycled plastic bottles), so the bristles are synthetic and vegan-friendly. The brush itself is small–around 6mm or so in length–and it can be used in the crease, smudging of colors (on the lash line or elsewhere).
I found the brush wasn’t tapered enough to be a really great crease brush but too dense to blend out colors with ease. The fluffiness was lacking, and so while it could deposit color well enough, it didn’t provide the soft, airy feel that seems to make blending nearly effortless. I also wish the tip itself was a little more tapered and had a touch more give.
Funny enough, I didn’t find it useful in softening the edges of the 24/7 Shadow Pencils much; it worked better with powder eyeshadows. I felt like the creaminess of the 24/7 Shadow Pencils got eaten up by the brush and the result was more of a smeared look, rather than something feathered at the edges.
final thoughts: I’ve liked Urban Decay’s new brushes, but this one was a bit of a miss for me. It was designed to blend out the 24/7 Shadow Pencils, which I felt is where it performed the worst, and it didn’t excel in the other ways I tried it either.
where to buy: Urban Decay
Illamasqua Absorb Intense Lipgloss (£13.00 for 0.20 fl.oz.) is described as a “creamy biscuit nude.” This is easily one of the palest, lightest nudes that I own. On me, it’s not a shade I like, but I know there are readers who really enjoy a very pale nude lip–and with the right look, it can definitely be pulled off. For those intrigued, it can also be mixed with other Intense Lipglosses easily (since it’s quite creamy), as well as patted on for a sheerer, more muted effect of the natural lip color.
It’s paler and more of a true nude with less pink than other well-known nudes like MAC Fleshpot. Similarly, it is less pink than NARS Madere–and perhaps a touch lighter, but the main point of difference is the pink-tinge of Madere.
my thoughts on the formula: Illamasqua Intense Lipglosses are color-rich glosses that have the feeling and finish of a gloss but the color pay off of an opaque lipstick. The formula itself is non-sticky, though a little thick, and doesn’t dry lips out at all. I usually get around four hours of wear or so. Because of how pale it is, any unevenness is really easily seen.
my thoughts on the formula: The Rouge Artist Intense formula is typically opaque, and while it’s not a moisturizing lipstick, it’s not a drying one either, though it does not feel creamy against the lips (it may take a little more pressure to apply than your average lipstick). With lighter shades, I see four hours of wear, but with darker shades, I get around five to six hours of wear.