Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
The Scarlet Season: MAC Queen’s Sin Lipstick
MAC Queen’s Sin Lipstick ($14.00 for 0.12 oz.) debuted as a limited edition shade in Antiquitease, which was launched in the 2007 holiday season. It’s a stunning shade of brightened up ruby red with a soft frost finish. It applies evenly and opaquely with just two layers, and it hugs lips and ends up having a longer wear-time than the average MAC lipstick. I was really hoping to see MAC release another stunning holiday red this year but no such luck! You can check out some lip color combos I’ve done using Queen’s Sin, if you’re looking for ideas!
The Scarlet Season is a series of posts showcasing and featuring my favorite shades of red lips–from glosses to lipsticks that runs through December 2009. You can sure expect to see a lot of red this holiday season!
See more swatches and comparison photos… Continue reading →
What’s your favorite smoky eye combination? What products do you use for your favorite smoky eye?
Blacktrack, Silver Ring, Vex, and Ricepaper!
KorresUSA.com: Temptalia Readers Save 30%
Temptalia readers can save 30% off their entire order and get free shipping on all orders $35 or more at www.korresusa.com through December 31st, 2009 with code TEMPTALIA.
(Please note, this code has been supplied via Korres for Temptalia readers, but I do not receive any commission/payment for your purchases.)
No matter what I try or how many times I try it, mineralize eyeshadows and I just don’t get along. They frustrate me, and using one means I’m adding (wasting) another 15-20 minutes to my makeup routine that really feels unnecessary. I guess it is just not meant to be! I just find that they’re more work than I really want to do for an eyeshadow.I could have just eliminated Blue Sorcery and used Shimmermoss and been a happy camper!
My major annoyances/frustrations were the dusty fall out and the fact that the color faded before I even finished the application. Oh, well — I know there are lovers and haters of mineralize eyeshadows, I just know which side I’m on, even though I want to love them. 😛
Oh yeah, and P.S.? Wet hair never looks very good in photos. I need to remember to make sure my hair is dry before I take photos in the future! (That was a total note-to-self.)
(And for your reference, I have tried mineralize eyeshadows from every batch since their inception; I have tried a multitude of bases–UDPP, paint pots, TFSI, CCBs, pigments; and I have tried a multitude of different wetting agents–mixing medium, Fix+, water.)
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Sour Lemon eyeshadow (chartreuse green), Blue Sorcery mineralize eyeshadow (teal), Deep Truth eyeshadow (dark blue), Prussian eyeshadow (matte, dark blue), Ricepaper eyeshadow (soft beige highlighter), NARS Blue Bayou Eyeliner Stylo (medium blue), Urban Decay Graffiti 24/7 Liner (green), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: MAC Spaced Out blush (peachy-pink), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronze highlighter)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer
- Lips: Guerlain Gems Rouge G Lipstick (pinky coral), MAC Young Thing lipglass (creamy nude)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Blue Sorcery = Shimmermoss; Spaced Out = Peachykeen; Young Thing = C-Thru
Directions: Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack Sour Lemon eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Blue Sorcery eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Deep Truth eyeshadow using the 226, then deepen with Prussian eyeshadow with the 219. Sweep Ricepaper eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Graffiti Liner on lower lash line, NARS Blue Bayou Eyeliner Stilo on the upper lash line, and apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Spaced Out blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Guerlain Gems lipstick to lips, and then top with Young Thing lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Gilt Groupe is featuring a Luminess sale today! I’m inviting you to join if you aren’t already a member (Gilt is invite-only).
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
- How often do you reapply lipgloss/lipstick during the day?
- Do you touch-up your makeup during the day?
- When do you apply/remove your makeup during the day?