Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
- Utter Pervette Soft pastel pink (lustre)
- Nouveau-frou Beigey grey pink with white pearlized pigments (lustre)
- Rozz Revival Watermelon reddish-pink (lustre)
- Sandy B Light shell pink (frost)
- Russian Red Intense bluish-red (matte)
- Retrofluid Sheer deep plum with gold and red pearlized pigments (lustre)
- Back to Del Rio Deep brown red (lustre)
- Supersequin Plummy pink with silver pearlized pigments (lustre)
- Twig Twig Neutral brown plum (lustre)
- Chintz on Chintz Sheer mid-tone yellow brown (lustre)
- Full On Lust Neutral brown pink (cream)
- Nico Now Mid-tone grey purple with multi-coloured pearlized pigments (frost)
- Avarice Mid-tone yellow red with soft red pearlized pigments (cream)
- Real Desire Deep plum with red pearlized pigments (frost)
- C-Thru Soft peached-beige with shimmer (cream)
- Daisychain Soft yellow-beige with soft white pearlized pigments (satin)
- Ochre Style Mid-tone yellow brown with gold (frost)
- Frisco Soft pastel pink (matte)
- A Little Folie Mid-tone red brown (matte)
- Clue Mid-tone grey with silver pearlized pigments (frost)
- Alum Mid-tone blue grey with soft blue pearlized pigments (satin)
- Charred Deep steel grey with silver pearlized pigments (frost)
- Memorabilia Mid-tone purple (matte)
- Parrot Deep aqua blue with bright green and blue pearlized pigments (frost)
- Indigo Muted greenish-blue
- Coffee Muted brown
- Ebony Soft black
- Kitschmas Light airy shimmering pink mauve with pearlized pigments (frost)
- Violet Vivid bright purple (frost)
- Golden Olive High frosted green gold (frost)
- Melon Soft bright golden peach (frost)
- Steel Blue Rich deep turquoise green blue with small pearlized particles (pearl)
- Reflects Blackened Red Sparkling burgundy
- Reflects Very Pink Sparkling fuchsia pink
- Reflects Transparent Teal Sparkling white with turquoise
- Reflects Antique Gold Sparkling taupe
Keep reading for product photos.
Continue reading →
What makeup brand haven’t you tried, but want to? Why haven’t you? What brands have you tried, but would love to get into more?
I’ve tried so many different lines, but I’d love to try Givenchy and Guerlain, if only because they seem so luxe. Some brands I’d like to learn more about are bliss, Chanel, NARS, and Philosophy to name just a few!
Bobbi Brown’s shimmer bricks may one of the most standout products of the line, and I know there is a definite cult following of these compact gems. They’re intended to be used either as a blush as a highlighter on cheeks or even as individual eyeshadows. Who doesn’t love a multitasking compact? Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick comes as part of the Holiday 2007 collection, and it’s adorable with its pink packaging (on the inside), and the shades are gorgeous. It gives you a precious pink glow, just the faintest hint of color, with lots of shimmer. The colors themselves make for great muted holiday looks that are neutral or pink based. $38.00
Find yours at www.bobbibrown.com.
Temptalia had the pleasure of interviewing Toya Smith Marshall, aged 29, who works as a freelance artist with her own company Makeda Make-Up Artistry. She’s been working as an artist for three and a half years, and she works in the Baltimore/Washington D.C. area. She is a graduate of the Von Lee International School of Aesthetics. Toya also runs her own beauty blog, The Life of a Ladybug, which makes for a great morning read.
Temptalia: What surprises you most about working as a makeup artist?
Toya: How stressful it can be! You haven’t seen pressure until you’re faced with an anxious, nervous bride and her 11 bridesmaids who all have different ideas on how you should make them look beautiful!
Temptalia: What’s your favorite way to achieve the perfect natural look?
Toya: The perfect natural look is different for everyone, but, by and large, concealer only where you need it (usually under the eyes and around the nose), a dusting of powder, some highlight under the brow and on the cheekbones, a healthy pop of blush (peachy-pink is a great color for most, but on women of darker hue, a saturated apricot or darker orangy-red works well), and sheer glossy lips. Carmindy got it just right and I love her book, The 5 Minute Face – every woman who seeks the “natural look” should buy it!
Continue reading →
Beauty Powder/Loose contains jet-milled, multi-dimensional pigments and pearlized pigments that deliver a sheer, luminous finish. The combination of these pigments along with Reflect Pearlized particles delivers spectacular sparkle and duo-chromatic effects. This sophisticated powder includes ultra-smooth pigments that deliver a silky texture and a
light-as-air feel on the skin. Beauty Powder/Loose can be used on the eyes and face.
- Dancing Light Creamy gold with white gold reflect pearlized particles
- Natural Flare Peachy champagne with white and gold reflect pearlized particles
- Tenderdusk Soft pink with red and gold reflect pearlized particles
- Sunspill Coral peach with white and gold reflect pearlized particles
- Drizzlegold Fleshy beige with copper and gold reflects
- Soft Flame Rich plum with reddish copper reflect pearlized particles
Studio Lights is a lightweight liquid formulation that delivers a sheer, luminous wash of soft colour to the skin. Apply it to the high planes of the face and body to create subtle highlights or use it to help brighten any area of the face and body. It’s the perfect product to help brighten the eye area. Apply Studio Lights over moisturized skin, concealer or foundation to add a touch of radiance. Packed with skin conditioning agents, this unique formula is non-acnegenic and ophthalmologist-tested.
- Frangipan Pale golden yellow
- Sand Soft peachy beige
- Skin Lure Soft creamy beige
- Ideal Pink Palest pinkish beige
- Smoothspice Caramel
Keep reading for product photos!
Continue reading →
What is your favorite skincare brand/line? Who makes the perfect products for your face? What makes them so great? What products do you recommend by them?