Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Essie’s North Fork Collection features three summery colors in Sag Harbor, a cool silver blue; Shelter Island, a sky blue radiance; and Greenport, a dreamy aquamarine paradise. Each bottle retails for $9.00, and you can find ‘em at Essie.com (or click the link in the beginning). I’ve always been a fan of Essie’s polish formula, because it’s long-wearing and reliable. I’m more of a color fan, so I don’t always align with their collections, but I’m so happy to see these three hues join me for the season!
Sag Harbor is a cool, pale blue-gray with silver shimmer. Two coats was just right with this baby, but you need to make sure you have nice, even coats that aren’t too thin to ensure a streak-free finish.
Shelter Island is a creamy sky blue that’s not overly bright, but it isn’t pastel or pale either. It reminds me of an inviting swimming pool.
Greenport is a pale aquamarine color with a creamy finish. It has a lot of glossiness to it, and it’s really opaque.
See swatches… Continue reading →
Reader Francy went for a pink smoky eye. She used…
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Canton Candy Paint
- Contrast eyeshadow on crease
- Naked pigment on inner eyelid and to blend Contrast a little
- Feline Eyeliner
- Carbon shadow lined over liner
- Lancome Cils Design Pro and Fatale mascara
- Nars Turkish Delight gloss
See close-ups! Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Tasty Tricolour Lipglass!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC MAC Tasty Tricolour Lipglass from the limited edition MAC Sugarsweet Collection. Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us why you want to win. Winner will be chosen at random and notified via e-mail.
All entries must be submitted by March 27th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
With Fashion Week now having concluded around the world, let’s see what kind of new products might be coming to us in this fall!
- Cinderfella Eye Shadow
- Silver Dusk Eye Shadow*
- Cheek & Cheerful Mineralize Blush
- Handfinish Mineralize Blush
- Bling Black**
- Blackfire Lipgloss
- Dark Knight Lipstick
- Local Colour Dazzleglass
- Chromagraphic Pencil (Fleshed toned liner)
- Deep Dark Pro Pigment
* May be a typo (it happens) — could be Silver Dusk Loose Powder, which is already available.
** Listed as on eyes, but it says “slicked over.” Could be part of MAC’s Black Collection (as yet unnamed).
Here’s one more look featuring MAC’s Sugarsweet products! I think my next look will be using either Stila or Chanel’s summer quads
Oh, and psst, I was interviewed by All Lacquered Up yesterday!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Butternutty shadestick (neutral-pink), Sugarshot eyeshadow (frosty white), Pink Papillon eyeshadow (light pink), Dear Cupcake eyeshadow (pink-coral), Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), Club eyeshadow (dark green-brown-gray), Hush eyeshadow (soft neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Underground 24/7 Ransom Liner (dark purple), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Blossoming blush (neutral pink), Perfect Topping mineralize skinfinish (pale pink)
- Lips: Sweet Thing lipstick (fuchsia-pink), Tasty tricolour lipglass (sheer dark pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Butternutty = Baselight; Pink Papillon = Pink Venus; Dear Cupcake = Paradisco; Blossoming = Well Dressed; Perfect Topping = no dupe; Sweet Thing = Lustering; Tasty = Palatial
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Butternutty shadestick all over the lid as the base. On the inner lid, apply Sugarshot eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Pink Papillon eyeshadow to the middle of the lid, overlaying Sugarshot slightly. Apply Dear Cupcake eyeshadow to the middle-outer portion of the lid, overlaying Pink Papillon slightly. Darken the outer lid using Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Club eyeshadow using the 226, then overlay with Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow in the lowest part of the crease. Sweep Hush eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Ransom Liner on lower lash line, then overlay it with Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow using the 219 brush, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Blossoming blush using the 129, then highlight with Perfect Topping mineralize skinfinish with the 188. Apply Sweet Thing lipstick to lips, and then top with Tasty tricolour lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
What beauty products do you have in your purse right now? Do you tend to keep things in your purse for awhile, or do you regularly rotate/clean it out?
I have a Le Metier de Beaute gloss, chapstick, and I think that’s it! I do have a Tendertone and a tinted lip conditioner pot in my school bag, though.