Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Welcome to Free For Haul Fridays!
A play on Oh No They Didn’t’s “Free For All Fridays,” every Friday is Free For Haul Fridays! Friday is a day for fun — whether you’re already off enjoying your weekend or if you just need a way to get through til the end of the work day, FFH is here for you!
Share your latest beauty hauls! Once you’ve done that… say anything you’d like. Recommend your favorite book or tell us what you just started reading; share a great dessert recipe or a photo of your pet (which is sure to be the cutest, yeah?).
First, I’ll share mine!
I’ve been very good — my last beauty haul was last Thursday (Chanel Rouge Allure Laques/MAC Style Black)!
Now… have at it!
And from me, pictures of Mellan in his Halloween costumes… Continue reading →
Shop Pink, Part 3
October 1st marks the start of Breast Cancer Awareness month, and many brands participate by creating or marketing certain products as Pink products. Our motto at Temptalia is: if you Need Pink, why not Shop Pink while you’re at it?
Shop Pink when there’s something you need/want, but if you find yourself just wanting to support the cause, the best way to raise awareness and support the cause is by donating directly to the charity of your choice (whether it’s time, money, beauty products, clothes, etc.). Purchasing Pink products always helps, too, but consider donating directly if all you want to do is support the cause. (You can also join us in our fundraiser, too!)
We’re just going to tell you about Pink beauty products, but there are plenty of brands across the retail market, from cereal to socks to lipstick, that are also joining in and raising awareness and donations.
- Beauty.com is making it easy for you to know what’s Pink. Look for products with a “Cancer and Careers seal,” and the participating brands will donate a portion of sales to help women who are survivng cancer access resources as they learn to balance work and treatment. There’s a whole slew of brands participating: from Urban Decay UDPP to philosophy hope in a jar to Korres Natural Products Body Butter Quince. Head over to Beauty.com to learn more. Additionally, from October 12-18th, Beauty.com will donate 10% of purchases made through the Pop-Up Store.
- Conair: Conair will donate $1.00 per hair care appliance sold and $0.30 – $0.50 per hair accessory and brush product sold, with a guaranteed minimum donation of $100,000. www.conair.com
- Ouidad: Ouidad matches, dollar for dollar, donations to Curls for a Cure® which can be made on www.ouidad.com as an outright contribution from one of the “Donate” links or can be added as a donation to the shopping basket during check-out when you make a purchase. Any size donation is accepted. Ouidad will match donations up to $50,000 in 2009. Benefit to the BCRF.
- Sean John Fragrances: Sean John Fragrances will make a donation of $10,000 in connection with the sales of I Am King to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. www.seanjohn-iamking.com
- Sephora: When you purchase Forever Pink Supershimmer, $1.00 goes to BCRF; Refillable brush, $2.00; and Eyelash Curler, $1.00. www.sephora.com
- Sonia Kashuk: 15% of the purchase price of Curl for a Cause Eyelash Curler, Sweep of Pink Brush, Brush Up on Pink Purse Brush Set, Brushed to Perfection Travel Brush Set, and Bag Lady Cosmetic Bag will go to BCRF.
- Tarte: During the month of October, tarte will donate 20% of the proceeds from the Think Pink natural collection to the Young Survival Coalition, a support network for women under 40 living with breast cancer. www.tartecosmetics.com
- ULTA: During October 2009, ULTA invites customers who have been affected by breast cancer in some way to write down their stories in a letter, bring it to one of ULTA’s over 330 stores nationwide and post it in the windows. If you put all the windows of all the ULTA stores end to end, it will stretch for 6 miles, and it is our hope to have 6 miles of windows filled with letters of love, homage and courage. Throughout October, donations to support BCRF will be accepted at every ULTA location. Customers who donate $10.00 or more will receive their choice of an exclusive pink hat or scarf. A guaranteed minimum donation of $50,000 in connection with the Windows of Love campaign. www.ulta.com
- Violight: Violight will donate $0.50 cents from the sale of each pink Zapi Toothbrush Sanitizer. www.violight.com
Are you a drugstore bargain hunter or high-end addict?
Either way, it’s important to recognize we can’t always splurge on all of the things we’d like to. The key to everything–including beauty–in life is moderation, balance. If you’ve been following Only In A Woman’s World campaign along with me, you’d notice balance is a concept that comes through. Every so often, I go through some checklists and reminders to make sure I’m not overindulging.
I ask myself…
- Am I buying just to buy? I’ve been known to buy something just because I want to acquire something new. This is a bad habit, because it doesn’t always mean you make good purchases or worthwhile acquisitions that you’ll actually use.
- Will I still want it next week? If I’m not totally sure, then I’ll put it back and sit on it for a week. (Or a few days… at least!) If I’m still jonesin’ for it, then I know I can keep it on my list.
- How often will I use it? If it’s something *so* specific or tailored, I might not use it more than once. Since I am a full-fledged, self-admitted beauty addict, I’ve made more than one mistake in this department. I distinctly remember Dior’s Electric Lights quint being purchased and never used… Bad, bad, bad! Buy it to use it. (Unless, of course, you are blessed to have the disposable income to simply admire.)
Here are some ways to cut-back on beauty spending when you’re on a tight budget or need to save up for something (e.g. school — hey, it’s almost time for fall semester/quarter to start!)… Continue reading →
Do you ever feel like you get stuck in a makeup rut? What do you do to get out of it?
Sometimes, but I kind of recognize that I do my makeup a certain way because I like it that way, too. I always just wait for something to inspire me
Sephora Friends & Family Sale 2009
Just a heads up my dearest beauty friends, Sephora’s Friends & Family Sale will begin October 19th and end November 2nd, 2009. During the sale, you’ll get 20% off nearly everything with code FF2009. It’s still a few weeks away, so you can expect a reminder post closer to the sale start date!
I definitely recommend shopping sooner rather than later, because this is a sale people wait for. They’re stocking up on their essentials, but they’re also picking up products they’ve waited all year to purchase. Not to mention the holidays are right around the bend… Time to start making a list!
Have you already made yours? What’s on your list?
Thanks to @deckchair_cm for the heads up!
Some more fine print/details… Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Magic, Mirth, and Mischief Collection: Lip/Eye Bags
U.S. Launch Date: October 15th, 2009
Put a Spell On You/Pink Lip ($36.50 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Dream Mid-tone pink with intense pearlized pigments (Glaze) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
- Baby Sparks Pale pink with violet pearlized pigments (Dazzleglass) (Permanent)
- Dervish Low-key mauve (Lip Pencil) (Promo Size) (Permanent)
House of Mirth/Deep Lip ($36.50 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Fantasia Deep rose (Lustre) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
- Get Rich Quick Warm yellow brown (Dazzleglass) (Permanent)
- Cedar Rich, rose-flushed brown (Lip Pencil) (Promo Size) (Permanent)
Naughty Noir/Eye ($36.50 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Blacktrack Solid flat black (Fluidline) (Permanent)
- Shimmertime Soft baby pink (Pigment) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Zoomblack Mascara (Promo Size)
- 209SE Brush
Alakazam! Chocolate/Eye ($36.50 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Rich Ground Reddened coco with frost (Fluidline) (Permanent)
- Melon Soft bright golden peach (Pigment) (Permanent) (Repromote)
- Zoomblack Mascara (Promo Size)
- 209SE Brush
Edited: Now with product photos!
See brush sets… Continue reading →