Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
L’Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara
L’Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara ($10.95) is a lengthening mascara that uses tube technology to create longer, more dramatic lashes. I tried it in Blackest Black, which is an intense black, though not the darkest black I’ve tried.
Double Extend definitely adds lengths to lashes, but it clumped up pretty easily on my stringy little lashes, so it definitely requires a lash comb afterward to get lashes to look a little more natural. This mascara really is designed to add length, so it doesn’t do much in terms of adding volume or thickening lashes. For me, not the best mascara, because my lashes need more than just length (they really do need a lot of help–volume, thickness, and length!).
It stays true the claim of being smudge-proof and budge-proof–until you get into water–which is great for contacts wearers. It rinses off fairly easily with water over makeup remover, so a good shower is an optimal time to remove this mascara, but over the sink works just as well. Even though the $10.95 price tag is steep for a drugstore mascara, if you keep an eye out for sales/promotions, the price is much more in line with my expectations.
- Product: 6/10
- Value: 7/10
- Ease of Use: 7/10
- Packaging: 7/10
Recommendation: If you have naturally thick and voluminous lashes, Double Extend is great for adding a little more length. Otherwise, you may want to check out L’Oreal’s Voluminous instead.
See comparison photos… Continue reading →
Backstage @ Jenni Kayne
- Makeup: Stila for Beauty.com.
- Hair: Ted Gibson for Beauty.com
- Nails: butter LONDON for Beauty.com
- Skincare: Arcona for Beauty.com
Get the Look — “Navy Out All Night”
- Complexion: Natural Finish Oil-Free Makeup; Perfecting Concealer Pressed Powder
- Eyes: Dune, darkest color in Navy Palette; Sapphire Kajal liner; Indigo eyeshadow; Major Major Lash Mascara.
- Cheeks: Contour with Stila Sun
- Lips: Topaz Kajal; In the Nude long wear lip
See more photos… Continue reading →
AVEDA @ Jason Wu
This is a sculpted, voluminous chignon with a textured, 6 inch wide, sheer black ribbon woven into the hair in a spontaneous and organic way. The finished look is feminine and elegant with an edge.
Get the Look
- Step 1: Apply Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother throughout damp hair and blow dry straight.
- Step 2: Work Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Glossing Straightener through hair to achieve a straight, smooth, glossy finish.
- Step 3: Separate hair into front and back sections. Pull back section into a tight ponytail to the middle/back of the head and secure with a bungee elastic.
- Step 4: Tie a 7-foot long piece of 6-inch wide, black horse hair ribbon around the ponytail. Secure each end to the head on either side of the pony with bobby pins the color of hair.
- Step 5: Mist the entire head with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for added shine and workable hold.
- Step 6: Weave front section of hair back in smaller, 1-inch pieces, over the ribbon, securing against the head with bobby pins. Continue weaving hair and ribbon, creating loops with the ribbon around back of the head, until all hair has been worked through.
- Step 7: Weave ponytail in 1-inch sections in loops throughout the ribbon, securing against the head with bobby pins, until all hair and ribbon are used. Hair and ribbon are looped together spontaneously, creating a sculptural, voluminous updo. Fray the ends of the ribbon and leave exposed.
- Step 8: Spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for finish and hold.
See more photos and Q&A… Continue reading →
What look are you wearing today? What’s on your eyes? Cheeks? Lips?
Just foundation! Early classes, so I’m not too fussy first thing in the AM!
If you were using MAC Push the Edge Pigment?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
MAC @ Behnaz Serafpour
“The inspiration is old Hollywood black and white photos, tone on tone, shadows, no lines.” – Gordon Espinet
Get the Look
- EYE: Copperplate Eye Shadow – blended softly into socket and under lower lash line.
- FACE: Face and Body Foundation – applied in a sheer layer over the skin. Studio Finish Concealer – applied where needed. Taupe Blush – brushed onto cheekbones. Copperplate Eye Shadow – swept under cheekbones.
- LIP: Stone Lip Pencil – used to lightly line the lips. Soothing Beige Lip Conditioner- patted lightly onto lip.
See breakdowns for Diane von Furstenberg and Erin Fetherston… Continue reading →