The Summer Season is a series of posts featuring bright, vibrant shades of coral, orange, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for a summer of fun — that runs through July 2010.
If you were using Urban Decay Aquarius Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
Tag: Who Does it Best?
This tag is all about your favorite brands — which brands really know how to do certain products better than any other!
Tags are kind of like glorified surveys, but they’re fun ways to pass the time and learn a little more about each other! Feel free to tag your friends or other beauty bloggers if you want to see theirs, too!
- Best Blush Brand: Guerlain edges it out for me, because they’re very subtle and natural, but they’re still apparent. I’m coming around to NARS blushes, though. I also really like MAC blushes as a solid color range with nice texture/quality, and for their affordability.
- Best Eyeliner Brand: Urban Decay — I love Make Up For Ever, too, but the softer texture of the 24/7 Liners gets me!
- Best Eyeshadow Brand: MAC! I love that MAC has a variety in textures and shades. Their permanent line is actually pretty amazing, but so often overlooked with their onslaught of limited edition collections.
- Best Lipstick Brand: Guerlain/Cle de Peau — it’s a total tie here. Both brands make a seriously good-feeling lipstick, and the shades are so flattering. You certainly pay for both, though!
- Best Lipgloss Brand: Le Metier de Beaute has such a great texture and range of shades.
- Best Foundation Brand: Make Up For Ever has a nice range of foundations and a huge shade selection. I think both are important in being the best. My personal favorite foundation is by Guerlain, but the range is limited and it’s the only foundation I’ve tried from the brand.
- Best Nail Polish Brand: China Glaze! I love the shade range–so many to choose from–and I never have issues with the formula. It’s very consistent, which I appreciate immensely!
Leave a comment and copy & paste the list below and fill it in with your answers!
Best Blush Brand:
Best Eyeliner Brand:
Best Eyeshadow Brand:
Best Lipstick Brand:
Best Lipgloss Brand:
Best Foundation Brand:
Best Nail Polish Brand:
Alice + Olivia included three new and limited edition nail lacquers. I wanted to fall in love with these, but I just wasn’t blown away. Morning.After. was my favorite of the three, because of the way it seems to take on a different tone depending on the lighting, but it’s not as opaque as I’d like. Military reminds me of every other black + silver matte polish out there–I guess I’m just over that shade!