- What blush are you wearing today?
- Do you wear a highlighter everyday?
- What do you use to remove your makeup these days?
MAC Venomous Villains: Unveiling & Store Events
Please leave a comment if you know of a location holding an unveiling event–which is a preview event that takes place a week or so in advance of the collection’s launch where customers attend, check out the new collection, and are able to purchase on that night. I’ve had several emails asking about events nearby, but I don’t have a list–so let’s compile one together.
- ARIZONA: MAC @ Biltmore Fashion Park, Phoenix, AZ on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (602) 553-4568, RSVP by 9/19
- CALIFORNIA: MAC @ Arden Fair Mall, Sacremento, CA on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (916) 921-2812, RSVP by 9/19
- CALIFORNIA: MAC @ The River, Palm Desert, CA on Septmeber 21st, 7-9PM; call (760) 779-0725, RSVP by 9/19
- CALIFORNIA: MAC @ Shops of Mission Viejo, Mission Viejo, CA on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (949) 364-3736, RSVP by 9/19
- CALIFORNIA: MAC @ Sun Valley Mall, Concord, CA on September 31st, 7-9PM; call (925) 680-0114, RSVP by 9/19
- CALIFORNIA: MAC @ Valley Fair, Santa Clara, CA on September 21st, 7-10PM; call (408) 244-6533, RSVP by 9/19 (tell them Temptalia sent you!)
- CANADA: MAC @ Eaton Centre, Toronto on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (416) 595-9576, RSVP by 9/19
- CANADA: MAC @ Metrotown, Burnaby, British Columbia on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (604) 451-5529, RSVP by 9/19
- CANADA: MAC @ Mayfair Mall, Victoria, BC on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (250) 381-7702
- CANADA: MAC @ Robson, Vancouver, BC, September 21st, 7-10PM, RSVP by 9/19
- CANADA: MAC @ Square One, Ontario on September 21st, 7-9PM, RSVP by 9/19
- CANADA: MAC @ Masonville, London, Ontario, September 21st, 7-9PM, RSVP by 9/19
- COLORADO: MAC @ Park Meadows, Denver, CO on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (303) 649-1967, RSVP by 9/19
- CONNECTICUT: MAC @ Westfarms Mall, Farmington, CT on September 21st 7-9PM; call (860) 561-8996, RSVP by 9/19
- FLORIDA: MAC @ Aventura Mall, Miami, FL on September 21st, 7-9PM, RSVP by 9/19
- GEORGIA: MAC @ Perimeter Mall, Atlanta, GA on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (678) 441-9083, RSVP by 9/19
- MINNESOTA: MAC @ Mall of America, Bloomington, MN on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (952) 814-9800, RSVP by 9/19
- NEW JERSEY: MAC @ Cherry Hill Mall, Cherry Hill, NJ on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (856) 317-0030, RSVP by 9/19
- NEW JERSEY: MAC @ Short Hills Mall, Short Hills, NJ on September 21st, 7-10PM; call (973) 912-8500, RSVP by 9/19
- NEW YORK: MAC @ Westechester, Westechester, NY on September 21st, 7-9PM, RSVP by 9/19
- NEW YORK: MAC @ SoHo, NYC on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (212) 334-4641, RSVP by 9/19
- NEW YORK: MAC @ Queens Center Mall on NYC, September 21st, 7-9PM, RSVP by 9/19
- PENNSYLVANIA: MAC @ King of Prussia Mall, King of Prussia, PA on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (610) 337-2174, RSVP by 9/19
- TEXAS: MAC @ Galleria, Houston, TX on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (713) 629-5566, RSVP by 9/19
- VIRGINIA: MAC @ Pentagon City Mall, Arlington, VA on September 21st, 7-9PM; call (703) 415-2212, RSVP by 9/19
- CALIFORNIA: MAC @ Montclair, Inland Empire, CA is taking pre-sales
- CALIFORNIA: MAC @ South Coast, Costa Mesa, CA on October 1st-3rd; in the middle of the mall, large event, real Disney set
- CALIFORNIA: MAC @ Valley Plaza Mall, Bakersfield, CA is doing pre-orders on September 25th; call (661) 832-5550
- DENMARK: MAC @ Magasin, Aarhus, Denmark, Week 40 & 41, call +45 8731 6441
- FLORIDA: MAC PRO @ Licoln, Miami Beach, FL launches the collection on September 23rd
- FLORIDA: MAC @ International Plaza, Tampa, FL on September 30th; opens at 9AM for those who RSVP; call (813) 870-3830
- FLORIDA: MAC @ Mall at Mellenia, Orlando, FL; call (407) 345-9925
- ITALY: MAC @ La Rinascente Piazza Duomo, Milano, Italy from September 14-20th
- MASSACHUSETTS: MAC @ Natick, Natick, MA on October 15-16th industry event
- NEW YORK: MAC @ Smithhaven Mall, Lake Grove, NY, October 2nd-3rd “Live Action” Event, 10-5PM; call (631) 724-5960
You can check out all of our Venomous Villains coverage here, including full reviews, swatches, and photos.
Chanel SoHo de Chanel Highlighter & Blush ($65.00 for 0.45 oz.) is the star of the collection, is it not? It’s easily the prettiest, with the raised SoHo lettering and design of the powder. It has three distinct shades: rosy brown (it doesn’t read plum on me, though Chanel describes it as such), pale powder pink (but don’t expect to use that shade on its own–it’s such a thin strip!), and satiny pale white with subtle pink undertones (this is the highlighter). If you mix them altogether, the result is a lightly shimmered, glowy mix of muted rose.
Surprisingly, it swatches rather sheerly, but it applied much better with a blush brush on my cheeks–it was more pigmented than I anticipated (based on the subtler swatches). I actually loved the luminous sheen in the finish when they were swirled together–it’s glowy and rosy without being too pink. It is on the cooler side, but I think it still worked on my warmer skin tone, because it does have a touch of brown in it.
You could use the blush/highlighter shades separately if so desired, as both pieces are large enough to do so. The highlighter has such a fine sheen that I could see it being dusted all over as a finishing powder. Overall, the powder applied really smoothly and evenly, and it was a cinch to blend out.
At $65, it’s not exactly a necessity item, but Chanel packed a surprising amount of product into this compact–a whopping 0.45 oz.–as compared to their blushes which weigh in at a mere 0.14 oz. By the ounce, it’s cheaper than NARS, can you believe it? This is one of those rare moments in beauty where I’m awarding Chanel 10/10 on value!
Look: Chanel SoHo Story
I finally received my Chanel SoHo Story goodies that I ordered last week (blast them! for only allowing me to select ground shipping) on Monday, and here’s a quick look I created using nearly all Chanel products. Reviews of several of the products to follow shortly!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Chanel Stupendous Eyeshadow Quad (icy blue, plummy brown, burgundy brown, soft pink), Chanel Cassis EyelinerChanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (plum), (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Chanel SoHo de Chanel Blush (darkened rose)
- Lips: Chanel Stunning Rouge Coco Lipstick (muted pink-beige), Chanel Star Glossimer (sheer icy pink shimmer)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply the icy blue eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid and pull upwards along the inner tearduct, and then lightly blend out along the upper lash line towards the middle. Lightly blend the plummy brown eyeshadow on the middle of the lid and pull outwards to the outer lid with the 239. Next, apply the burgundy brown eyeshadow into the crease with the 222, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend the soft pink eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Cassis eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply SoHo de Chanel blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Stunning lipstick first, and then layer Star glossimer for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
From Chanel’s exclusive and limited edition SoHo Story, we have two new and limited edition shades of polish. I am a fan of Chanel’s polish–I have no issues with wear or the formula (typically), and I think they often create unique, inspiring shades. Each retails for $25, and last I checked, were still available online.
The formula on these was consistent with Chanel overall–on the thicker side but very pigmented. I included a photo of Strong with only one coat to show you just how intense the color is. I still find that I can never get away with just one coat and always go for a second. Though I like both shades, they don’t inspire me as much as other past shades have (like the recent Paradoxal).
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
RECOMMENDATION: The formula was smooth and easy to apply with plenty of pigmentation. I’m not sold on these being over-the-top unique as many Chanel shades often are, though.