What do you do with makeup you don’t like/use? Does it still lay around your house somewhere or do you throw it away? Give it away?
Cream Extreme Barrier Repair ($75.00)
A healthy and glowing complexion is directly related to the optimal functioning of the skin’s barrier. CREAM EXTREME features Osmotics’ BRT, (Barrier Repair Technology), a patented combination of epidermal lipids clinically proven to repair, nourish and maintain healthy barrier function, thereby eliminating the underlying cause of dry skin. In addition, this breakthrough technology dramatically improves moisture retention and increases penetration and absorption of antioxidants and vitamins. Ideal for post treatment care after peels, lasers and dermal procedures and extreme weather conditions. Skin becomes healthier and acts younger.
Physiological Lipids- these lipids occur naturally in the epidermis and are the key components of the skin’s barrier. When all three are used in the proper molar ratio, they restore the lipid balance (by forming lamellar membranes) and provide long-term barrier repair. The three physiological (epidermal) lipids are: Chlosterol, Ceramides, Fatty Acids- including both non-essential and essential. Also included are: Non-Physiological lipids, Petrolatum, Lanolin, Glycerin, L-Carnosine, Linoleic Acid, Allantoin, and Tocopheryl Acetate.
What makes it worth it: Let me preface this review by saying that I have had this product awaiting a test run for quite awhile, but I have only recently had sufficient reason to lust after a product of this caliber. I recently experienced incredible dryness around my mouth–I cannot really figure out why, but I think it may have been a skin drying reaction from anti-acne production–and this was my MIRACLE product. I had already been trying to moisturize twice a day, sometimes more, for that area, in addition to applying hydrocortisone cream to it (which is what my dermatologist recommended for dry/flaky eyelids). That particular regimen just wasn’t working, it wasn’t making it better. It would hide it for the day, but it didn’t FIX the problem. Osmotics’ Cream Extreme was the answer to my problem. This is an ultra rich moisturizer, but it dries quickly and doesn’t feel heavy. It truly does create a barrier, locking moisture in. In two days–yes, 48 hours later–and my dry, flaky skin had been resolved and turned back into normal, healthy skin. For that, I am forever in debt to this product. I fully recommend it. I am so tempted to continue using it, but at $75 a pop, I will use this as a spot treatment for dryness as I experience it.
Why you might pass on it: The price is quite hefty for most, but it is a definite must for truly eradicating dry, flaky skin. If used as a treatment, and not a regular everyday moisturizer, this product should last you quite awhile. Even using it as an everyday moisturizer, it should last you at least a month, if not two. Anyone who has experienced skin that is visibly dry and literally flaking off will know that $75 is nothing to get back to gorgeous, naturally healthy skin.
Cammie tells us what she used…
I used manhattan illuminate champagne as base. Then I applied some ecru eyeshadow to the inner part of my eyelid. I picked up dark brown eyeshadow to the outer one and blended it in the middle. I guess the pic doesn’t show it very well cause the light was very bad. Then I lined lower waterline with white pencil to make eye look bigger, lower eyelid I lined with brown pencil and a little dark brown eyeshadow in the outer part. At the end I applied a little eyeliner and mascara of course.
See a close-up of Cammie’s closed eye, Continue reading →
Do you consider yourself an artist when it comes to makeup? Why/why not?
N Collection – A portrait in the nude, daring in its stripped-down sensuality with natural and pearlized shades of Mineralize Skinfinish that play up the nakedness of cheeks, lips, eyes. For a glamazon who knows the power of artifice but has the confidence and allure to strip it all away. N. Collection is naked, with coverage — it’ll be our little secret. Custom-created high performance brushes mean that no one need ever know. Seductive, and ripe for a scandal.
- 1N Light nude/Plain with rose pearl
- 2N Creamy light pink
- 3N Pastel, milky pink
- 4N Creamy medium brown
- 5N Clean bplum rown
- 1N Creamy, white-light brown
- 2N Creamy natural gold-pink
- 3N Natural bronze with gold and pink pearl
- 4N Light chocolate brown with red pearl
- Nanogold Clean gold with rose pearl
- Modest Tone Neutral dirty light brown
- Neutral Pink Deep medium blue-pink
- Rich Flesh Neutral warm brown
- Remotely Grey Dirty grey-brown
- Dark Edge Deep chocolate brown
- Soft Ochre Yellow beige
- Quite Natural Dirty chocolate brown
- Creamola Darkly tinted light brown
- Sublime Culture Pink with caramel
- Graphblack Richest black graphite
- Brownborder Deep chocolate brown
- N Colour Creamy Beige
- Demi-Blanc Beige with green pearl
- Naturally Rich Milky chocolate
This collection should be available from MAC from January/February 2008. Check out more photos! Continue reading →
ESTEE ILLUSIONIST MASCARA ($21.00)
Seductive curves. Now, power shape your lashes with up to 160% more curl. Advanced aerodynamic gel formula with innovative curling polymers gives lashes weightless, seductive curves, without stiffness or flaking. New pigment technology creates intense black impact shades that absorb light and surround your eyes in the beauty of deep, rich color. Fragrance free. Ophthalmologist-tested.
- Applicator: Medium-sized brush with an oval shape to it–small point a the end.
- Clumping: Only mild clumping was experienced on the third coat towards the roots of lashes, but not at the ends.
- Curl: This isn’t a curling mascara, but it does hold a curl when you’ve used a lash curler.
- Ease: Quite easy to apply given the nature of the wand, which allows for more precision to get to harder to reach lashes on the inner area and the lower lashes.
- Length: You get a decent amount of length after a few coats of this mascara–not the longest I’ve ever seen–a good length for both natural and more dramatic looks.
- Thickening: I would have to say that I didn’t feel like my lashes were significantly thicker, even in the appearance.
- Volume: I found I got more volume out of this Estee Lauder mascara than some of the others I’ve tried. I felt like my lashes appeared fuller.
- Best: I liked how full my lashes looked thanks to the volumizing effect of the mascara, and the length that came out was quite lengthy. This is a great everyday mascara for those who want a bit of length and drama, but nothing over the top.
- Worst: No real downside to this mascara; perhaps the price is a turn off for those who are more budget-conscious.