Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Clinique’s newly revamped Suncare line is definitely a product that’s going to make it into my beach bag this summer. The line includes a SPF 30 Face Cream ($17.50), SPF 50 Face Cream ($17.50), SPF 45 Targeted Protection Stick ($17.50), SPF 15 Face/Body Cream ($20.00), SPF 30 Body Cream ($20.00), SPF 50 Body Cream ($20.00), After Sun Rescue Balm with Aloe ($20.00), and SPF 25 Body Spray ($20.00).
I absolutely love the new packaging Clinique went with for their suncare line, because it stands out, is definitely “sunny,” and it’s fun. All of the new Sun products use avobenzone, ethylhexylsalicylate, homosalate, oxybenzone, and octocrylene as ingredients for UVA/UVB protection and stabilization. For those curious, these are chemical sunscreens, not natural ones, so if you’re allergic, you’ll have to opt for another line.
The SPF 30 Face Cream ($17.50) is fairly thick, comes out white, and it does have a bit of the sunscreen scent. The scent fades after application, as does the whitish cast once you’ve blended the product in. I find it dries down quite a bit leaving a non-greasy finish. I actually find myself still reaching for a moisturizer (a lightweight one) most of the time. I find the SPF 30 Body Cream is very similar to the Face Cream, perhaps it is a bit thicker, though. I love the SPF 45 Targeted Protection Stick ($17.50) for quick touch-ups, additional coverage (like on nose, ears, etc.), and just having something that’s extremely portable and travel friendly.
I can’t say I’ve truly road-tested the After Sun Rescue Balm ($20.00) yet, because the face and body creams are keeping me so well protected, I’m not burning whatsoever. (Plus, I’ve been lucky in that I’ve never burned before.) However, I did slather it on my boyfriend’s neck, because he plays tennis regularly so the sun would beat down on the back of his neck. He said it felt soothing, a bit cooling, and just overall made it feel less burnt.
See another image… Continue reading →
Benefit Smokin’ Eyes ($36.00) is an all-in-one palette to give you sexy, smoky eyes in no time. It contains three eyeshadows, black eye liner, brightener, two brushes, mini tweezers, and then instructions. The palette is housed in traditional Benefit packaging (cardboard/paper), which I can appreciate for its earth-friendliness. What I like most about this palette is the inclusion of eye liner, brow wax, and the mini tweezers. Those mini tweezers can really come in handy, actually! The brightener can be essential for those of us who aren’t getting quite as much sleep as we’d like, too.
There is a light pink highlighter, a soft gray with shimmer, and a deeper, gray-brown base shade. The eye liner is pretty black, surprisingly, and the brushes are average. I’ve never found palette brushes to be particularly noteworthy; they usually get the job done in a pinch, but they’re not brushes I’d use by choice. The instructions are a nice touch for those who are not so makeup-savvy. So, this makes a great gift to give to the new beauty fan or to someone in need of an all-in-one palette for special occasions.
See inside and swatches! Continue reading →
When there is a makeup sale/coupon, do you buy more than you should? Do you feel compelled to make a purchase? Or are you good about sticking to your wish list?
I always feel like I gotta get in on the deal, even if there is nothing on my list. I’m trying to resist, though!
1. Go purple! Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow all over the lid as a pop of fuchsia-pink-purple. Apply a deeper purple like Parfait Amour eyeshadow on the outer lid, blending into the outer crease, with the 239. Add depth to the crease by applying a matte purple like Fig. 1 or Blackberry eyeshadow into the crease with a brush like the 219. Use a softly pinked highlighter like Hush and blend it just above the crease. Highlight the brow bone with your favorite neutral highlighter.
2. Mix in aquas and teals! Apply Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow on the inner two-thirds of the lid with an eyeshadow brusgh like the 239. Cover the outer third of the lid with an aqua shade like Aquadisiac eyeshadow with the 239. Darken the crease with a deeper teal like Shimmermoss eyeshadow or mix it up with a blue shade like Freshwater. Use Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow to diffuse color towards the brow bone, and then highlight with your favorite neutrla highlighter.
3. As an accent to gold! First, apply Goldmine eyeshadow all over the lid over a gold or white base. Apply Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow with a fluffy brush like the 224 on the outer third of the lid. Deepen crease with Nocturnelle eyeshadow applied with a crease brush like the 219. Blend thoroughly with a fluffy blending brush like the 217. Highlight with your favorite neutral highlighter.
4. With silvers! Try applying a bright silver like Fineshine or Electra eyeshadow all over the lid, and then apply Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow on the outer third of the lid and into the crease. Darken the crease with a deep purple like Parfait Amour or Contrast. Use a fluffy brush like the 224 to blend the colors together and diffuse them towards the brow. Highlight with your favorite neutral highlighter.
See four more ways! Continue reading →
Clinique Bamboo Pink for Summer 2009
- Bamboo Pink Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad ($25.00)
- Fresh Bloom – Bamboo Pink Allover Colour ($29.50)
- Bamboo Pink Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick ($14.00)
Plus, with your $25 Clinique purchase, get a Trina Turk cosmetics bag with samples. One per person, while supply lasts. Gift can only be shipped to the same destination as your order. Includes Take the Day Off Makeup Remover (1.7 oz.), Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (1 oz.), Blushwear Cream Stick in Rosy, Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Sun Burst, Lash Doubling Mascara in Black (0.14 oz.), Different Lipstick in Tenderheart, and Superfit Makeup (0.5 oz.) Online only. One per person, while supply lasts. Gift will be added automatically in Checkout and can only be shipped to the same destination as your order.
See more images… Continue reading →
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
Instructions: Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share it with us in the comments section!
Best everyday lipstick?: [answer]
Best everyday lipgloss?: [answer]
Best everyday blush?: [answer]