Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Here’s my Sugarsweet look from yesterday! I used Red Velvet as I mentioned I probably would do, and to be honest, I wasn’t loving it. I felt like Red Velvet tended to eat color rather than amplify it. For those interested, Red Velvet and Dear Cupcake feel like virtually the same color; when I patted Dear Cupcake over Red Velvet, there was no color change whatsoever. I had tried using both Sugarshot and Motif eyeshadows on the inner portion of the lid, but neither of them showed up; so I ended up packing on Goldmine eyeshadow to finally get some oomph in that area.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Red Velvet shadestick (dark pink), Goldmine eyeshadow (gold), Dear Cupcake eyeshadow (pink-coral), Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), Shadowy Lady eyeshadow (dark burgundy-purple), Femme-fi eyeshadow (soft neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Underground 24/7 Ransom Liner (dark purple), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Refined mineralize skinfinish (peach-nude), Dior Coral Riviera blush (soft coral)
- Lips: Lollipop Loving lipstick (sheer coral-green), Chanel Tangerine Dream Aqualumiere Gloss (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Red Velvet = Fuchsia; Dear Cupcake = Paradisco; Refined = Soft & Gentle; Lollipop Loving = no dupe
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Red Velvet shadestick all over the lid as the base. On the inner lid, apply Goldmine eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Dear Cupcake eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Shadowy Lady eyeshadow using the 226, then overlay with Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow. Sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Ransom Liner on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Refined mineralize skinfinish using the 129, then highlight with Dior Coral Riviera blush with the 188. Apply Lollipop Loving lipstick to lips, and then top with Chanel Tangerine Dream Aqualumiere Gloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Aquavert Eyeshadow!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Aquavert Eyeshadow from the limited edition MAC Sugarsweet Collection. Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us why you want to win. Winner will be chosen at random and notified via e-mail.
All entries must be submitted by March 25th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Reader Amanda shares this totally gorgeous winter look with us today. She used…
- Revlon Colorstay foundation in 110
- MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot
- MAC Gesso e/s
- MAC Fascinating e/l
- MAC Teal Pigment
- MAC Minerlize Blush in Dainty
- MAC Minerlize Skinfinish in Lightscapade
- MUFE white feather eyelashes
- Too Faced Smurf glitter eyeliner
See close-ups! Continue reading →
When do you do your makeup? Morning, evening? Only if you’re going out?
I tend to do it only when I have time–which tends to be later mornings or early afternoons!
Best Face Cleanser? What product wins this category?
Lollipop Loving Lipstick
Here are lip swatches of Sugarsweet’s lip products!
- Bubbles is a bit frosty, and it isn’t a creamy finish, so it can skip or leave blotches behind. It gives decent color, and ideally this is worn with other lipsticks and glosses.
- Lollipop Loving is frosty and feels like a lustre or glaze. It’s mostly opaque, though a couple of coats will be required on more pigmented lips.
- Saint Germain is very creamy, and the color itself is quite opaque. You can do one light swipe of the lipstick to get a more toned down version of the color, or you can use two or three coats for an application as pictured.
- Sweet Thing is a shimmery glaze texture. It has decent color pay off, and it does brighten up lips.
- Touch is creamy with a subtle sheen in its finish. The color is rich, and it darkens lips to a neutral tone.
- Consume Me is thin, non-sticky to just slightly tacky. It’s virtually colorless.
- Just Dessert is tinged a milky pink, but it still comes out quite colorless on my lips.
- Simply Delicious is one notch above Just Dessert–a little pinker.
- Tasty is the pinkest, though still not rich in color.
- Triple-Yum has the most noticeable color difference, as the gold/bronze shimmer stands out.
Most pigmented: Lollipop Loving, Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Touch
So-so: Bubbles, Tasty, Triple-Yum
Colorless: Consume Me, Just Dessert, Simply Delicious
See the rest of the swatches! Continue reading →