Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Are you willing to try new things when it comes to beauty? Do you stick your favorites and find it hard to switch or try something new? Have you just found what works–and what doesn’t–for you, which is why you tend not to bother with new trends or products? Or are you constantly changing your staples so much that you don’t really have staples?
I’m always willing to try new things, but it doesn’t mean I actually try them to their fullest extent. I’m constantly on the prowl for new and better skincare products, but I am wary of accumulating too many without being able to fully test them. It’s hard with skincare, because you do need ample time to test-drive it before you can determine whether the results were positive or not. When it comes to trends, I find myself less inclined to dive head-first if it’s totally at odds with my personal style.
- Neutral base
- Going bananas eyeshadow on inner lid
- Bitter eyeshadow on middle and outer lid
- Humid eyeshadow on upper lash line and crease
- Brown liner on waterline
- Shroom eyeshadow arounnd tear duct and under lower lash line
- Plushlash mascara
Check out another one of her close ups, Continue reading →
Everybody has–or should have–a little black dress that’s suitable for just about any occasion. Here’s a great example of something classy with a bit of fun, too, by Calvin Klein (and hey, it’s even reasonably priced!). We’re lovin’ Dior’s quint in Sunset Cafe for its soft gold, taupe, and pink-beige. Even the antique gold with green undertones (center shadow) could be the most gorgeous color in the crease. Pink-beige all over lid with gold on the outer ldi and the deeper taupe in the crease with the gray-beige as a brow highlighter impresses us when paired with this dress. Try Blush ‘n Brighten in Berry by Laura Gellar for a great flush with gold shimmer on the cheeks. We like Dior’s “I Love Dior” lip palette because it gives us several colors to work with. The berry (second one) would be a lovely way to top off the look we’ve described here.
1. Calvin Klein Strapless Satin Party Dress @ Nordstrom for $168.00
2. Laura Gellar’s Blush N Brighten in Berry @ Sephora for $28.00
3. Dior Quint in Sunset Cafe @ Sephora for $52.00
4. Dior “I Love Dior” Lip Palette @ Sephora for $40.00
One of the best aspects of the little black dress is that it is versatile, which means makeup can range from pitch-black smoky eyes to lavish false lashes and a bold red lip. It really is anyone’s desire that can be fulfilled (makeup-wise!) when it comes to dressing to impress in a LBD. Still, a classic red lip with lots of mascara is a combination you could never go wrong with. Try mixing your look up by experimenting with other bold lip colors like berries, vamps, and crimsons. And don’t forget long, voluminous lashes for a bit of drama.
Do you have a signature scent or fragrance? Is there a fragrance you wear so often that you’d swear people would recognize it was you coming just by the scent? What is it? What makes you so in love with it that it’s such a staple in your life?
I always wanted a signature scent–no dice yet!
Kasha is back with another look, this time purple and blue, accompanied by a step-by-step guide on how to duplicate the look.
- Define the brows using Walnut brow powder in brow shader with 208 brush.
- Pat browbone with Ivorie highlight color in brow shader using 252 brush.
- Apply Clarity eyeshadow in crease with a 242 brush.
- Deepen outer crease line with Freshwater eyeshadow with a 224 brush.
- Apply Poison Pen eyeshadow over Artjam paint with a 242 brush.
- Dust Parfait Amour eyeshadow in outer lid with 224 brush.
- Smoke up outer lid with Carbon eyeshadow with a 217 brush.
- Apply Bootblack liquid liner along lash line.
- Layer on multiple coats of Plushblack plush lash mascara.
- Apply Feline kohl power to lower lash line.
MEDITERRANEAN (3.3 fl. oz.) | A radiant woody floral. A modern expression of sparkling radiance. $53.00
As someone just starting to get interested in the world of fragrance (and boy is it a world!), Mediterranean offers me a light scent of floral notes and a bit of sweetness. I found it distinctly feminine–too soft, subtle to be considered something you’d find on a man. It’s a great fragrance for someone who wants an airy, floral scent for easygoing days and casual dates with their beau.
- Sparkling Radiance: Peach Nectar Sorbet, Sicilian Mandarin, Damask Plum
- Unforgettable Bloom:Radiant Wisteria, Star Magnolia, Madagascar Orchid
- Lasting Impression: Addictive Sandalwood, Fluid Skin Musk, Golden Amber Whisper
View more Mediterranean and other Elizabeth Arden products at www.elizabetharden.com.