Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Temptalia Gives Away a T3 Featherweight Dryer!
In celebration of T3’s 5-year anniversary, T3 has teamed up with Temptalia to give away (1) one T3 Featherweight Dryer to one very lucky Temptalia reader. (Seriously, I love mine–saves me SO much time. It’s ridiculous!)
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling me how long it takes to blow-dry your hair right now and what you use!
All entries must be submitted by September 30th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to U.S. readers only as pursuant to your local state’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win…
For a total of four chances! Just remember you must leave a comment on this post to get entered initially. Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
2. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
3. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
4. Re-tweet the following: “RT @temptalia Win a T3 Featherweight Dryer ($200 value)! Follow @temptalia & RT to enter! U.S. only! http://tinyurl.com/wint3 #temptalia”
Pucker Up: Peachy Pink Passion
I wanted to do something that wasn’t a dark/bold lip, and I kind of went to a fall back… peach and pink. I started with a shimmery bronzy shade with peach undertones (MAC Honeymoon lipstick), which I then topped with a slightly orange gloss (MAC Nice to Be Nice Lipglass). I wanted some pink, so I then added a medium bright pink with gold shimmer gloss (MAC Pink Manish Lipglass) to finish.
See progression… Continue reading →
Guerlain Gaela Le Rouge G de Guerlain Lipstick ($45.00 for 0.12 oz.) is the ultimate in lip luxury. This lipstick’s compact was designed by Lorenz Bäumer, a famous jeweler from the Place Vendôme in Paris, which is one reason this lipstick compact comes with a high price tag.
Gaela is a pretty-in-pink shade. It’s a medium pink with a slight sheen but not a whole lot of shimmer. I’d classify it as a neutral-warm pink, and it’s bright enough to add a pop of color to lips, but it’s not so bright that it stands out from miles away. It applies opaquely with one layer, and even from the tube, it goes on fairly evenly.
Le Rouge G de Guerlain Lipsticks are creamy, long-wearing, often opaque to semi-opaque in color pay off, and they feel hydrating once slicked onto lips. The wear-time depends on the intensity of the shades (e.g. darker shades like reds and burgundies will last longer and easily get through a meal with minimal fading, but lighter shades disappear a bit faster), but I get no less than six hours of wear with these babies. I can even get through drinking/eating, too. I do find that there is some noticeable fading after eating a meal, but it’s not a deal-breaker. These just feel very lightweight and yet give you amazing color with a few swipes. They last long enough to get me through the day without worrying about fading lip color, and they leave my lips feeling hydrated.
The packaging is sleek, luxe, and more than most look for in lipstick packaging. It’s a heavy, metal-based compact (the heaviest lipstick I’ve personally owned) with a flip-top mirror on the outside casing, which can be handy for re-application. Now, I’m not willing to fork over extra money for a mirror (hey, I can buy a $2 mirror and keep that in my purse instead!), and even though I love innovative packaging, I’m not sold on paying for it, you know? The packaging does keep fingerprints like other Guerlain packaging, but I will say that fingerprints are a lot less noticeable (hardly noticeable, in fact) compared to their other packaging. It’s most noticeable when I take flash photography of the product (ha!), but not when you’re just looking (admiring?) it. Bottom line: packaging is gorgeous and every bit luxe, but I’d rather pay $35 and skip some of the bells and whistles of the case.
For those who love to splurge on luxury beauty items, Guerlain Le Rouge G de Guerlain didn’t disappoint me. In fact, I really love the lipstick formula itself, and I’d love to see it offered sans the heavy-duty luxe packaging if only so I could feel better about purchasing these!
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 7/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you’re feeling like a splurge, Guerlain’s Le Rouge G de Guerlain Lipsticks aren’t a bad place to start. The formula is outstanding, but the price tag is tough to swallow–pretty much the only reason this product isn’t rated an A.
Availability: Nordstrom, Saks 5th Avenue, Sephora
See photos and swatches… Continue reading →
Sample Sales Going on Today…
Sonya Dakar–up to 50% off–at The Fairest!
When you join from our invite link, you will receive $5 (and I will receive $5, to be clear) when you make you first purchase. Also, it also helps us track how many people we’ve turned onto The Fairest and let’s us (and The Fairest!) know more about the Power of Temptalia.
P.S. – The Fairest is currently only shipping to U.S. residents right now. If and when anything changes, I’ll definitely pass the word along!
Sample Sales Going on Today…
Fusion Beauty is on sale at HauteLook!
The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish!
How-to: Getting Ready for Girls’ Night Out
Have you ever been out all night and come home to find your makeup looking absolutely wrecked? The women at Only in a Woman’s World know how to have a good time, and there’s no reason you shouldn’t do so looking your best.
These are some of my favorite surefire tips and tricks to getting through the night looking as glamorous as you did walking out the door as you do coming home!
- Eyeshadow base: it is an absolute must. I recommend having a solid eyeshadow base ready to use for just about every time you wear eye makeup, but it’s particularly important for your night-out routine. An eyeshadow base keeps your eyeshadow on all night, without creasing or fading, and it can even help colors pop more than they normally would. I recommend MAC Soft Ochre paint pot, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, or Urban Decay Primer Potion.
- Waterproof products: for mascara and liner, you need to use products that are smudgeproof and flakeproof. I like to coat lashes with my regular mascara once or twice, and then use a final coat of waterproof mascara. This helps the mascara last and not budge during the night, but it keeps lashes softer and helps the removal process, too. As far as liner goes, make sure you have a trusty liner that you know doesn’t smudge, budge, or migrate within a few hours. I personally love Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Eyes and Urban Decay’s 24/7 Liners for long-lasting lining power.
- Makeup Remover Swabs: I think these are a real must-have for your evening clutch. They’re compact enough that you can keep them in your own bag or convince one of your girlfriends to hold onto it in hers for you. I like Bare Escentuals On the Spot swabs, because they’re soft cotton swabs that are already filled with makeup remover, so you can quickly fix any smudges, budges, etc. on the go. Plus, they’re only $5, which is a steal for something so convenient.
Get tips for your Face & Lips! Continue reading →