- Favorite online beauty retailer?
- Favorite beauty retailer (physical locations!)?
- Least favorite beauty retailer?
Win MAC Good to Go Pro Longwear Lipcreme!
One (1) lucky winner will receive MAC Good to Go Pro Longwear Lipcreme from MAC’s new lipstick line! (Retail value $16.50!)
Congratulations to Paloma P.!
RULES: All entries must be submitted by October 3rd, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with the winner once the winner confirms.
Two Ways to Win
You can do one, the other, or both to maximize your chances of winning…
1.) Leave a comment on this blog post tell me what eyeshadow you’d pair with Good to Go!
MAC Venomous Villains: It’s Here
According to MAC LiveChat (which I did both at 9AM PST and noon PST), Venomous Villains will launch TODAY online at 6PM EST (that’s 3PM PST, 5PM CST) NOW UP The consistency in which this is being said gives me hope that it is true, and I’ll be sure to keep you updated with links as they go live.
- Edited @ 3:17PM PST — Readers are reporting that they’re being told (via MAC reps, either phone or online): “tomorrow morning,” “tonight,” and “midnight.” I did a LiveChat myself, and they’re now reporting “sometime tonight” and saying “it’s scheduled to launch online tonight.”
- Edited @ 3:19PM PST — “The collection was actually scheduled to launch Tues (tomorrow), but we are doing an earlier launch tonight due to the demand. I wish I had a better time frame for you, but at this time we can’t make any promises. I just know it will be tonight.”
- Edited @ 4:01PM PST — COLLECTION IS UP MY LOVES! <3 Direct links below or else search by product name.
- Edited @ 12:41PM PST (9/28): Macy’s has Venomous Villains up! You can search or go to Beauty > MAC > Venomous Villains.
- Edited @ 4:05AM PST (9/29): Nordstrom’s has Venomous Villains up! (The link will take you straight to the collection page.)
VENOMOUS VILLAINS HAS LAUNCHED ONLINE!
The landing page hasn’t been created, but below are direct links to each character’s collection for purchase. Otherwise, you can search by product name, too.
- Cruella (Innocence, Beware! @ 8:00AM PST; Wicked Ways @ 10:00AM PST are sold out)
- Evil Queen (Toxic Tale @ 10PM PST; Strange Potion @ 9PM PST; Bite of an Apple @ 9PM PST, Oh So Fair @ 3:00AM PST are all sold out)
- Dr. Facilier
- Maleficent (Bad Fairy @ 9PM PST, Briar Rose @ 10AM PST; Revenge is Sweet, Formidable! and both MES are all sold out)
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure you have your log-in information/personal profile up-to-date. Have your payment method handy or else already on-file.
- Have your list ready in advance, that way you can add everything quickly. Just because it’s in your cart doesn’t mean it’s yours.
- Make two orders — order everything you must have or items you think are going to sell out quickest the first time, and then make your second order more leisurely or for items you want to think about for a bit.
- IT IS JUST MAKEUP. I know, I get it, part of the fun is the chase, but it is just makeup, so let the chase be fun, not heartbreaking.
- If something sells out or you’re not able to get to the website right when it launches, the collection will also be available through retailers like Dillard’s, Macy’s, and Nordstrom. I asked @nordstrom this morning, and they are reporting in-store and online launch for the 30th.
Free shipping codes: Looks like the free shipping code VILLAINS is active and working, but you can also use CS106LIVECHAT (which any can get by doing a LiveChat).
- Behind the Scenes Video & Summary
- Overall, Round-up, & Recommendations
- Video Review
- Reviews, Photos, Swatches by Character: Cruella de Vil, Evil Queen, Maleficent, Dr. Facilier
- Official Collection Info & Photos
- Temptalia Cheat Sheet
Free free to chat with other Venomous Villains cyber-stalkers, share your hauls (when you make them), and shoot the breeze while we wait.
Illamasqua #023 False Eyelashes
Illamasqua #023 False Eyelashes ($16.00) look fun, yeah? Not sure what I’m going to wear them with, but I figure with Halloween in a few weeks, maybe I can find a way. I make no guarantees, though! I thought I’d share photos of them, so you can see them in all their glory. Dramatic, wispy black lashes interspersed with shorter emerald green lashes.
What would you wear these with?
See more photos!
Guerlain Gillian (14) Rouge G Lipstick ($46.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a light pink muted with brown shimmered with champagne sparkle. It’s mostly opaque, despite its lightness in overall color, with a high gloss finish (seems glossier than the average Rouge G). It’s such a your-lips-but-better kind of pink. Gillian is the complete opposite of Gigi!
This is a universally flattering shade, because it’s a neutral pink that’s light without being pale or pastel. It has the same lightweight texture and creamy, smooth consistency as found in the Rouge G line. (I have not had a single Rouge G disappoint me in terms of feel, formula, or texture!) I know for some, this is a “So what?” kind of shade that doesn’t justify the price tag, but for others, it’s a shade they’ll wear often and merit the cost.
Edited @ 7AM: Pictures fixed!
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!