Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Davines @ Hayden Harnett
Nackie Karcher, owner and head stylist of Parlour Salon in Brooklyn, and Davines completed looks for Hayden Harnett’s spring 2010 collection.
Inspired by a “stranded in the desert” look, Nackie played with the models’ natural hair texture, utilizing fishtail braids and side ponytails secured with leather bands.
Get the Look
Nackie spritzed Davines DEDE Conditioner and Defining Texturizer in the models hair to add texture and volume. After securing the hair on the side, Nackie sprayed Defining Glam Power Spray and curled ends with an iron.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Aveda @ John Patrick Organic
At John Patrick Organic, Odile Gilbert, for Aveda, was the lead hair, while the Aveda leads were Dennis Clendennen.
The hair look for John Patrick Organic is a modern, playful take on Bohemian-chic. Hair is smooth and shiny on top with soft, free-flowing curls below the cheekbone and volume at the front—pulled back into a barrette, adding a girly touch.
Get the Look
- Step 1: Prep hair with Aveda Phomollient™ Styling Foam to add body, volume, and shine.
- Step 2: Brush hair through and create a deep side part.
- Step 3: Divide hair into three sections: bottom, sides/top and middle, and secure in place with hair clips. Spray each section generously with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for shine and hold.
- Step 4: Starting with the nape of the neck, curl small sections of hair using a 1 inch barrel curling iron. Once curled, roll each piece into a loop using your index finger, and hold in place with a single-pronged hair clip. Continue curling hair, working around the sides toward the top of the head, leaving a one inch piece of hair untouched. Spray each curl with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for added hold.
- Step 5: Curl the one inch piece of hair forward and secure with a single-pronged hair clip to allow the hair to cool.
- Step 6: With the exception of the front curl, remove all hair clips and brush curls through to create soft, full waves.
- Step 7: Rub Aveda Light Elements™ Shaping Wax between palms and smooth over the top of hair to reduce flyaways and add shine. Hair is now smooth from crown to cheekbones becoming full, loose curls.
- Step 8: Remove clip from top curl and twist slightly to create volume and lift in front. Secure hair in place with two small hair pins, and then pull back with a larger barrette that matches hair color. Spray Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray directly on the lifted section of hair to add volume and hold.
- Step 9: Finish the look with a final misting of Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray.
Aveda Products Used
- Aveda Phomollient™ Styling Foam
- Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray
- Aveda Light Elements™ Shaping Wax
See more backstage action plus more photos… Continue reading →
This is an advertorial written by Glam Beauty Experts and sponsored by Mars FLING™.
Sample Sales Going on Today…
Basq is on sale at HauteLook! (Starts 8AM PST)
The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish!
The Best of the Best, Volume #003
How are you doing this Friday morning? I hope you’ve all had a good week! The weekend’s just around the bend, and I’m excited to get a few days to relax–even it’s only a lil’ bit! I think I just might spend it reading some books I’ve been putting off. How are you spending your weekend?
This Week’s 5 Most Popular Posts
This Week’s 5 Most Discussed Posts
- Ask Temptalia Session #016 is, I suppose, kind of a no brainer, since it practically begs you to leave comments As always, even if you come in late, I do answer any and all questions I get (that goes for *all* posts, actually), but I may not be as timely as when I run the session.
- Best Red Lipstick as given by you! Lots of great shades mentioned…
- Stila All Doll’d Up Eyeshadow Palette Review was not only a popular most, but it was one that inspired quite a bit of commentary!
- How do you groom your brows? – we asked, you answered!
- All About Makeup Remover Wipes was a rant & rave session where many of you told us your favorite (and least favorite) brands of makeup remover wipes, but also what you loved/hates about the product itself.
What are your holy grail/go-to body products? Moisturizers, scrubs, whatever!
LOVE Philosophy Shower Gels. They smell so delish! I also alternate between a lot of sugar-based scrubs – love Carol’s Daughter!