This pretty much rounds off our MAC posts–for a few weeks at least–I hope, ha!
OVERALL, it’s a good formula, and I think it adds some nice shades to MAC’s permanent range. I feel like there’s easily at least one shade that catches the eye. There is a good balance of cool, more neutral, and warm shades here, as well as brights and darks and everyday kind of shades. The majority of shades have some past shade compares closely, but for the most part, each shade doesn’t have five shades that are exactly the same either. (One must always keep in mind that not everyone has every past or present shade, and so what is easily duped for one person is a new holy grail shade for another!) It’s a solid release, and even better because they are permanent.
Make Up For Ever Britney Spears “Hold it Against Me” Make Up Look
Make Up For Ever’s David Hernandez dishes on how to get Britney’s eye-catching make up look from her new music video for “Hold It Against Me.”
- Prep the skin with HD Microperfecting Primer by applying to the entire face with Nylon Brush #30N.
- Next, apply HD Invisible Cover Foundation all over to achieve a flawless complexion.
- Use HD Microfinish Blush #14 to highlight the cheeks, shading from top to bottom.
- To add a slight contour to the cheeks, use the darker shade from our Sculpting Kit and shade just under the cheekbones.
- Finish by blending Star Powder #941 onto the cheeks, an iridescent white with silver highlights that provides a soft glow.
- Apply Aqua Cream #4 in white all over the eye lids with Brush #14S. Then, add Aqua Cream #2 in steel to the crease.
- Line the top and bottom lash lines with Aqua Eyes #2L. Next, add intensity to the eyes with Aqua Black, placing it inside the top waterline with Brush #2S.
- Apply a thick coat of Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara.
- For added drama, apply Faux Lash #157 to the middle of the lash line first, then lifting the corners until the lashes are secured in place.
- Finally, apply Aqua Cream #2 to the outer corners of the eyes and blend.
- Apply Rouge Artist Intense #18 in nude as a base to the lips.
- To add dimension, apply Lab Shine #M16 at the edges and center of the lips.
If I did not include a swatch or comparison below, it is most likely because I do not own the color to compare.
* I don’t own any comparable to Impressive, though it seems a lot like Modesty and Midi-mauve.
Confidence is key! It’s true no matter the gender, but wear it because you want to, because it makes you feel confident and sexy and all things awesome. If you’re new to makeup and want to work your way up, try skin products (less noticeable) and eyeliner. Though generally, I think the majority of makeup tips you hear apply to all!