Ask Temptalia Post-Session #025 Wrap-Up
I thought it might be a nice way to finish off a session by pulling out some of the most commonly asked questions from the day and highlighting them here in one post. The sessions can get lengthy, so I can imagine it’s difficult for everyone to follow it!
What is the best blush for my skin tone?
- NW15-NW20: MAC Peaches, Breath o’ Plum, Well-Dressed; NARS Angelika, Dolce Vita, Sin
- NC15-NC20: MAC Blushbaby, Dollymix, Margin, Springsheen; NARS Deep Throat, Orgasm, Torrid
- NW25-NW40: MAC Cubic, Dollymix, Desert Rose, Peaches; NARS Angelika, Deep Throat, Sin
- NC25-NC40: MAC Ambering Rose, Margin, Springsheen, Sunbasque; NARS Deep Throat, Orgasm, Torrid
- NW40-NW55: MAC Breezy, Dollymix; NARS Desire, Outlaw, Mata Hari
- NC40-NC55: MAC Ambering Rose, Breezy, Raizin, Sunbasque; NARS Exhibit A, Taj Mahal, Dolce Vita
You can also check out a series I did called My Recommendation Guide, which is done by skin tone.
How can I combat oily skin?
There are four things I recommend…
What is a good moisturizer with SPF?
Some recommendations from me, but there are so many available that I haven’t tried myself, too…
- Budget-friendly: Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 45, Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50, Olay Defense Daily UV Moisturizer SPF 30, Aveeno Daily Moisturizer SPF 15
- High-end: DDF Ultra Lite Moisturizing Dew SPF 15, Shiseido Sun Protection Lotion/Cream SPF 38, Clinique Superdefense SPF 25, Kate Somerville Protect SPF 30 Sunscreen, Lancome UV Expert 20, Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15
What are some good neutral MAC eyeshadows?
- Soft Brown, Espresso, Wedge, Mystery, Bronze, Woodwinked, Patina, Ricepaper, Shroom, Vanilla
What are some good bright MAC eyeshadows?
- Humid, Juxt, Aquadisiac, Electric Eel, Lucky Green, Winkle, Free to Be, Parfait Amour, Stars ‘n Rockets
What eyeshadow should I use for my brows?
- From light to dark: (all MAC) Omega, Wedge, Cork, Espresso, Brun.
What are must-have MAC brushes?
These would be some basic brushes worth looking into. Depending on how you do your makeup or what is more important to you, these may not all be necessary (e.g. if you don’t line your upper lash line very often, I wouldn’t get the 208 right away).
- Eyes: 239 (applying), 217 (blending), 224 (crease), 219 (defining), 208 (gel lining), 249 (creams/paint pots)
- Face: 109 (liquid foundation), 116 (blush), 134 (powder), 188 (creams)