Win $100+ in Lancome (My Faves)!
Ten (10) lucky winners will win four of my favorite Lancome products: Oscillation Mascara ($34), Shimmer Mandarin Sky Blush ($29.50), Lucky Kiss Matte Lipstick ($22), and Bi-Facil ($26)! (Retail value $109.50!)
Congratulations to: Amy R., B.P., Christa S., Fran P., Nuni K., Rochelle W., Suzy E., Trina S., T.N., Wendy P.!
RULES: All entries must be submitted by October 20th, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to U.S. readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with the winner once the winner confirms.
Two Ways to Win
You can do one, the other, or both to maximize your chances of winning…
1.) Leave a comment on this blog post tell me which product you’d use first!
Thanks to Lancome for their generosity to help us celebrate our 4-year anniversary!
Chanel Tentation Cuivree Eyeshadow Quad ($56.00 for 0.24 oz.) is new for holiday, and just like everything else in the collection, it is also limited edition. It’s a rather neutral quad with a smoky brown edge. I actually mean neutral in overall color scheme while the undertone is slightly warm but not much so.
The quad consists of a medium-dark cocoa brown with flecks of silver and bronze shimmer-glitter; softened champagne with a frost finish; high-shine light-medium pink with subtle yellow undertones; and a dark cocoa brown with flashes of molten bronze shimmer. Chanel’s eyeshadow quads can be used wet or dry (with no effect on the eyeshadows themselves), and the two lighter shades look about the same regardless, while both browns deepen. Funny enough, when used wet, the darkest brown seems to loses some of the copper flecks.
Overseas, the circular eyeshadow pans are the norm, while U.S. quads come in square pans typically. I’m not sure whether the change is just for holiday or going forward. I think I prefer the square pans; perhaps that pyramid shape lends it a bit of sophistication that the circular pans lack. It almost looks like a knockoff to me, but I imagine that’s also due to the fact that I’m not used to seeing it that way more than anything.
I don’t love this eyeshadow quad, and I don’t think it’s exactly the same in texture as other quads. It’s not quite as buttery or as smooth. I had some trouble with the medium brown swatching dry, though it sure came together when used wet. This quad is shimmer-heavy, with both of the brown shades having more of a micro-glitter effect than shimmer/sheen, so there is a touch of fall out, which I don’t usually associate with Chanel.
Philosophy for Holiday 2010
Philosophy has a whole host of holiday offerings! Everything is available now, and there’s even a coupon for $10 off $40+ purchases with code 10OFF40, which expires on 10/14.
Holiday Shower Gels ($16.00)
- Peppermint Bark Feel joyful with this delectable mint-chocolate candy bath treat. ‘peppermint bark’ shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath provides a moisturizing lather that gently cleanses and conditions skin and hair as you indulge in the joyful combination of rich chocolate and peppermint-candy scents.
- Candy Ribbons May your shower be cheerfully decorated with sweet ‘candy ribbons’ shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath. Feel welcomed by the sweet candy scent as the moisturizing formula gently cleanses and conditions skin and hair. It’s the sweet touch you need to feel festive and enjoy the comfort of home during the holidays.
- I’m Dreaming Of… White Peach Bring holiday dreams to life during your shower or bath. ‘white peach’ shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath inspires effervescent joy with a sparkling fruit scent. This luxurious, pearlized, rich and creamy formula gently cleanses and conditions skin and hair and leaves you dreaming of all the warm fuzzies that make the holidays so memorable.
- I’m Dreaming Of… White Pear Enjoy a dreamy state of holiday bliss during your shower or bath. ‘white pear’ shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath inspires effervescent joy with a sparkling fruit scent. This luxurious, pearlized, rich and creamy formula gently cleanses and conditions skin and hair and leaves you dreaming of all the snowy adventures and city sparkle that bring the season to life.
- I’m Dreaming Of… White Cranberry Enjoy a dreamy state of holiday bliss during your shower or bath. ‘white cranberry’ shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath inspires effervescent joy with a sparkling fruit scent. This luxurious, pearlized, rich and creamy formula gently cleanses and conditions skin and hair and leaves you dreaming of all the festive accents that bring the season to life.
- Have a Cherry Christmas Have a cherry Christmas with philosophy’s cherry-scented shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath. Feel cherry and bright as the moisturizing formula gently cleanses and conditions skin and hair. The cherry-licious scent provides a jolly good time, so have fun and wish others a cherry Christmas too.
- The Gingerbread Girl Gingerbread Girl is sparkle, spice and everything nice. This foaming bubble bath and shower gel features a refreshing, ginger-spice scent and gold sparkles to light up your holiday season with joy. This moisturizing formula gently cleanses and conditions, leaving skin and hair feeling ultra soft.
- The Gingerbread Man He cleans, he soothes, he’s back and ready to draw you a relaxing bath. ‘the gingerbread man’ foaming shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath pampers you with a refreshing, ginger-spice scent and an ultra-rich, moisturizing lather that gently cleanses and conditions skin, leaving it feeling super soft.
- Candy Cane experience pure joy during your shower or bath with candy cane foaming bubble bath and shower gel. invigorate your senses with a crisp peppermint scent as you enjoy a rich, foaming lather from head to toe that leaves skin feeling ultra clean, hydrated and soft.
- The Heart of the Season giving is the heart of the holidays. our cranberry charity shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath will make you feel good outside with a rich, moisturizing lather and warm inside, knowing you are supporting the Joyful Heart Foundation. ($20.00)
- Evergreen fresh, lively evergreen awakens the spirit of the season. this shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath captures the woodsy essence of fresh evergreens in a moisturizing formula to gently cleanse and condition skin and hair to leave you feeling all spruced up.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies indulge your senses with philosophy’s chocolate chip cookies high foaming shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath. this extra rich and creamy formula provides a gentle, high foaming lather and smells absolutely delicious, like chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. it’s gentle enough for everyday use and leaves skin and hair feeling ultra clean and soft.
- Glow and Behold rekindle your childhood glow as you lather with this miraculous shower gel. glow and behold is our celestial citrus shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath created to lift your holiday spirit to joyful new heights. behold a sense of wonder as the sparkling, moisturizing formula gently cleanses and conditions skin and hair.
- Snow Angel feel like an angel amidst the snow, as you lather from head to toe with our snow angel shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath. this luxurious, moisturizing formula gently cleanses and conditions skin and hair. the pearlized blue and fresh, clean scent capture the essence of a fresh snowfall and evoke the childhood joy in us all.
- Spiced Cookie this bath treat has a lot of spice and even more spirit. spiced cookie shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath provides a moisturizing lather to gently cleanse and condition skin and hair, as you crumble to the scrumptious sugar and spice scent.
- Silent Night find peace and tranquility with our soothing lavender shampoo & shower gel. the moisturizing formula gently cleanses and conditions skin and hair, as the soothing lavender scent brings a sense of calm to your silent night.
Check out more gift sets and holiday items!
Mine had no scent whatsoever, but I have heard others say they’ve found them rose-scented. In fact, none of the ten or so Rouge Artist Intenses I’ve tried have any scent!
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
RECOMMENDATION: This is one of the best Rouge Artists I’ve tried; it’s very opaque and pigmented, but it is also creamy and applies smoothly.
This week’s sales at HauteLook…
- Monday (10/11/10): Decleor
- Tuesday (10/12/10): Vincent Longo
- Wednesday (10/13/10): Barista Bath & Body Skincare
- Thursday (10/14/10): Goldfaden
- Friday (10/15/10): Baby Quasar
The links above are a referral link. It means that I receive a $10 credit if you make your first purchase–I get nothing if you never buy. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish!