The Summer Season is a series of posts featuring bright, vibrant shades of coral, orange, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for a summer of fun — that runs through July 2010.
This Week’s Beauty Report: Saturday, April 17th, 2010
- Bond No. 9 debuts their latest fragrance, Saks-En-Rose. Top notes include Lantana Leaves, Dry Dates, and Mace; heart notes include Orange Rose, Tuberose, and Orris; and base notes include Amber, Musk, and Sandalwood.
- Kimora Lee Simmons also launched a new scent — Baby Phat DARE ME. It’s described as, “[a] floriental, beachy scent leads with notes of exotic Island Coconut and finishes with soft Sandalwood.”
- Estee Lauder signed French model Constance Jablonski and Chinese model Liu Wen for their global advertising campaigns, and we’ll see them in June 2010.
- John Frieda, with BCBG, will be kick off the John Frieda Style On Site Tour in NYC on April 27th. The mobile salon will hit ten cities (Philadelphia, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, LA, San Francisco, Minneapolis, and Chicago) that include free hair styling sessions and fashion advice.
- LUSH introduces Knot-Wrap stations, where instead of wrapping up your gifts-not-yet-given with scarves (made out of recyclable materials or vintage fabrics). Each Knot-Wrap goes for $6.95 and can be reused after unwrapping!
- NARS introduces Marcel, a doggy mascot, for the brand this week. Marcel’s first beauty tip is, “While products are important, any NARSissist knows it’s not always what you’re applying but how it’s applied. Preparing the skin for makeup is the most important part of any makeup application. Remove makeup nightly, use SPF when in the sun, and always moisturize.”
If you were using MAC Petals & Peacocks Lipstick?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil ($4.00) are oversized (hence the jumbo!) pencils that can be used as eyeliners or shadows, according to NYX. It’s available in twenty-four shades, ranging from black to blue to yellow.
I like them best as an eyeshadow base–I find that it’s easier to blend on top of it than it is to blend it with other Jumbo Eye Pencils. They work great used alone as a base or layered on top of your favorite eyeshadow base (like Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance). I used them as a base alone and didn’t experience any creasing or fading.
I like that they have so many shades available, and they’re an incredibly affordable option for those looking for a product to help their eyeshadows stay on longer and appear more vibrant. I’ve always found colored bases can make colors really pop, and these are a great way to add some colored bases into your stash without breaking the bank.
The only downside is that it’s a pain in the butt to sharpen these with anything but NYX’s Sharpener. Luckily, NYX’s Sharpener is only $4, so it won’t set you back an arm and a leg. I also find these a little difficult to line with unless they’re freshly sharpened, just because they are oversized.
Chanel Genial Rouge Allure Lipstick ($29.00) is a brightened pinky-coral with a slightly glossy sheen. It’s a creamy, nearly opaque lipstick that offers lips in full-color coverage without a hint of shimmer. It’s creamy without being slippery and despite the bold color, lip lines aren’t emphasized. It’s a fun pop of color with the lovely texture of a Rouge Allure lipstick. It’s new and limited edition as part of Chanel’s summer collection, which debuted online this week.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
Recommendation: If you love bright colors and the Rouge Allure formula, you should check out Genial to see if it’s the right coral for you.