Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
ESTEE ILLUSIONIST MASCARA ($21.00)
Seductive curves. Now, power shape your lashes with up to 160% more curl. Advanced aerodynamic gel formula with innovative curling polymers gives lashes weightless, seductive curves, without stiffness or flaking. New pigment technology creates intense black impact shades that absorb light and surround your eyes in the beauty of deep, rich color. Fragrance free. Ophthalmologist-tested.
- Applicator: Medium-sized brush with an oval shape to it–small point a the end.
- Clumping: Only mild clumping was experienced on the third coat towards the roots of lashes, but not at the ends.
- Curl: This isn’t a curling mascara, but it does hold a curl when you’ve used a lash curler.
- Ease: Quite easy to apply given the nature of the wand, which allows for more precision to get to harder to reach lashes on the inner area and the lower lashes.
- Length: You get a decent amount of length after a few coats of this mascara–not the longest I’ve ever seen–a good length for both natural and more dramatic looks.
- Thickening: I would have to say that I didn’t feel like my lashes were significantly thicker, even in the appearance.
- Volume: I found I got more volume out of this Estee Lauder mascara than some of the others I’ve tried. I felt like my lashes appeared fuller.
- Best: I liked how full my lashes looked thanks to the volumizing effect of the mascara, and the length that came out was quite lengthy. This is a great everyday mascara for those who want a bit of length and drama, but nothing over the top.
- Worst: No real downside to this mascara; perhaps the price is a turn off for those who are more budget-conscious.
Just because it is the holidays is no reason for people to go into debt. In fact, we are a firm believer in creating and setting a budget, as well as a plan of who to buy and who to not buy for. As a result, we want to give you a guide that keeps your budget in mind, so here are some of our favorites to give this year that are less than $10.
Score these perfect, inexpensive gifts for your loved ones this holiday season.
Continue reading →
What would your perfect mascara do? Would it give you a curl to die for? Lashes so long they reached your brows?
From around the Splendicity community, comes the best posts of the week.
Beauty and Fashion Tech has Great Beauty Books for Holiday Gifts.
Viva Woman checks out what’s the correct sunblock dosage to get sufficient coverage.
Beauty Secrets Revealed is Running A Christmas Contest.
Ellen from Spa Beautifully is curious about Intraceuticals Rejuvenation Infusion facial that is now being offered in Toronto.
Still looking for more? Check out some great links to fashion & shopping blogs! Continue reading →
von Natur’s Complete Hair & Body Conditioner / Wash($17.00)
Paraben free & sulfate free, Complete Hair & Body Wash and Complete Hair & Body Conditioner. Organic, toxin free, and non-comedogenic are just few of the many features of von Natur’s hair products. These hair products revitalize your scalp, hair, and skin with an all natural creation that has been specially formulated to promote growth. This unisex formula is good for all hair types and maintains a low pH balance which is highly recommended for the wellness of your hair and skin.
What makes it worth it: As I am always on the prowl for the latest in beauty trends, going organic and natural is definitely pulling in a lot of fans these days. I thought to try von Natur’s latest line of Exquisite Bath products, which included a Complete Hair & Body Conditioner and Wash. The Hair & Body Wash is similar to that of most shampoo, a bit thinner in consistency, but I adored the lemony citrus scent. It lathered great on the body, as well. The conditioner uses Charcoal in it, as one of its unique ingredients, which is meant to pull out impurities for truly healthy hair. It creates a protective coating to help keep moisture locked in while reducing static electricity. Normally I use typical shampoos found at drugstores, but I really loved how shiny my hair looked using this combination of products. I also found the scent to be more pleasant than other shampoo/conditioner combinations I’ve used in the past (I love that they match). Also, who doesn’t love that you can use these on your hair and body?
Why you might pass on it: If you’re a fan of ulta thick, luxe shampoos, you won’t love von Natur’s, which is thinner with a higher liquidity. If you need something specific to your type of hair, colored hair, etc., you may prefer something that is targeted rather than general (it is recommended for all hair types, though!).
Find this product at www.vonnatur.com.
What’s your favorite type of lip product? Are you a lipstick lover? Lipgloss die-hard fan? Are you all into lip liners? What’s your poison?
P.S. – What do you have lined up for this weekend? I’m studying for finals, and I’ll be having dinner with my parents this evening. It’s a very ho-hum weekend for me.