my thoughts on the formula: The formula itself is moisturizing, long-wearing (six to eight hours), and comfortable to wear. It’s not clingy nor heavy, and there’s enough slip to give it that creamy look where the color nearly melts against your lips. Rouge d’Armani Lipsticks are also scent- and taste-free (and no waxy scent, either!). It comes in a sleek, glossy black case with a magnetic enclosure to ensure your lipstick is closed at all times.
Recently, I was very much drawn to the aesthetic of Benefit’s new skin care range – there was something about it that was cute without being silly, spa-like without being pretentious. I love the look of Burberry and Guerlain’s lines overall but hate how they gather fingerprints so they’re just not perfect.
my thoughts on the formula: Revlon’s ColorBurst lipsticks glide on easily, have decent color pay off (inevitably, pigmentation does vary from shade to shade–some are semi-sheer, others more opaque), and are scent-free. They are comfortable to wear without clinging to lips, though I don’t find them moisturizing. The biggest downside is they only last two to three hours (lipsticks wear an average of four hours on me), so the wear time could be improved.
The lipstick is packaged in a matte black case with a quilted pattern on the front and the Revlon logo/print embellished on the lipstick itself. I like the matte finish, because it doesn’t hold fingerprints, and because it’s not rubberized (like NARS), it doesn’t hold onto dust and powder remnants either.
Feel free to share any upcoming deals you’ve spotted!
- HAUTELOOK: Rock & Republic Beauty (3/21), Juara Skincare (3/21), MOR Cosmetics (3/22), Chamonix Skincare (3/22), BeingTRUE Skincare (3/23), Pop Beauty (3/24), 100% Pure Skincare (3/24), Jane Cosmetics (3/25), GO SMiLE (3/25), Pearl Eyes by Inka Skincare (3/26), Sprayology Skincare (3/26), Galen Labs Skincare (3/26), Tan Towel (3/26)
- IDEELI: —
Free Shipping, Coupon Codes, GWPs
- APOTHICA: Free shipping on orders of $49+
- BEAUTY.COM: $10 off $60 – you MUST click through this link to receive the offer. Get $10 off $50 purchases when you click through THIS LINK, expires 4/4.
- BENEFIT: Free shipping on $50+ purchases with code PRETTY50, expires 10/26. Free international shipping with $115+ purchases with code WORLD115, expires 10/26.
- BLISS: Free travel size Youth moisturizer when you purchase the full size with code FAIRY109. Free shipping on Pro Sizes with code SHIPPRO.
- BOBBI BROWN: Free full-size Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Indigo Ink and free shipping with $65+ order with code FAV77, expires 4/1. Free full-size Buff Glitter Lip Gloss and free shipping on $65+ orders with code BUFF77, expires 4/1. Free full-size Gold Dust Metallic Eyeshadow and free shipping on $65+ orders with code GOLD77, expires 4/1.
- CLINIQUE: Enjoy 2 makeup minis with any $35+ purchase with code MAKEUP, expires 4/4.
- DARPHIN: Free deluxe sample of Aromatic Renewing Balm with next purchase, no code required, expires 3/30. Free standard shipping and deluxe sample of Youthful Radiance Camellia Mask with code WELCOME10, expires 3/30. Free deluxe sample of Aromatic Renewing Balm with code MERCI17 with next purchase, expires 3/30.
- DRUGSTORE.COM: Buy 1 CoverGirl face item, get the 2nd 50% off, expires 3/23.
- GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY: Free shipping on $75+ orders with code DESIGNER10. $10 off + free shipping on any fragrance purchase with code GAFRAG, expires 4/1. Get a mini Lasting Silk UV Foundation + free shipping on $75+ purchase with code GABEAUTY, expires 4/1.
- KIEHLS: Free shipping on $50+ orders.
- LANCOME: Receive 5 full-size lipsticks with $35+ purchase with code MARCHBDAY, expires 3/31. Receive a 3 piece sample collection and free shipping with $35+ purchase with code MARSPECIAL, expires 3/30. Receive 4 piece sample collection and free shipping with $45+ purchase with code AMARCH. Receive a 2 piece sample collection ($21 value) with $35+ purchase with code BLUSH, expires 3/31.
- NORDSTROM: Free Lancome gift with purchase ($130 value) with $39.50 Lancome purchase, expires 3/28.
- ORIGINS: Free exclusive tote bag and Make A Difference Hand Cream with $35+ purchase with code SPRINGTOTE, expires 3/31.
- SAKS FIFTH AVENUE: Receive a luxurious introduction to The Hydrating Infusion with any La Mer purchase with code LAMER65, expires 5/2. Free shipping on $150+ orders with code MARSFA, expires 3/28. 9-piece beauty collection with $35+ Clinique purchase with code CLINIQUEK, expires 4/4.
- SEPHORA: Free shipping on orders of $50+. Free Murad skincare sample trio with code RESURGE. Free Bare Escentuals RareMinerals eye cream with code RAREEYE. Free deluxe-size Aquolina body mousse with any purchase with code PINKSUGAR. Free Bliss mini rollerball with any purchase with code BLISSFUL. Free travel-size Dr. Brandt Intensolution treatment with any purchase with code BLEMISHFREE. Free Stila Glamoureyes mascara with code GLAMOUR.
- SKINSTORE.COM: 20% off select staff favorites with code G2G20, expiration unknown.
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle with Keira Knightley
Three years after the first commercial film, Knightley reprises her role as COCO MADEMOISELLE, a modern day Coco Chanel whose mystery, daring and rebelliousness are at the heart of her charm.
While the first film featured long evening gowns, the second takes on a more urban feel, with Knightley appearing on the streets of Paris in a chic, beige motorcycle jumpsuit designed for her by Karl Lagerfeld. Filmed in legendary locations across the City of Light – from Place Vendome to Place de la Concorde, the film is a collaboration between Knightley and Joe Wright, a creative relationship that began with Wright’s directorial debut, the Oscar®-nominated film Pride & Prejudice, and continued with the Oscar®-nominated Atonement.
“For me, Gabrielle Chanel is an icon and there was an incredible power emanating from all the photos of her,” states Knightley. “When I began to delve into her history more closely, I was obviously fascinated by her immense talent as a designer, but more than that, by her singular background.”
The commercial film’s soundtrack, “It’s a Man’s, Man’s, Man’s World” by James Brown is performed by the soulful voice of Grammy® award winner, Joss Stone and was published by Warner Chappell.
Coco Mademoiselle is a fresh oriental scent created by CHANEL master perfumer Jacques Polge in 2001. The fragrance represents the ever-evolving spirit of Coco Chanel in this feminine, sexy, young and exciting fragrance.
See photos & behind-the scenes shots!
This Week’s Topic: EYESHADOW PENCILS!
Your Mission: Tell us what you love, hate, or are otherwise indifferent to about eyeshadow pencils. Do you use them all the time? What are your favorites (or least favorites)?