Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
The Random Acts of Kindness of Clarisonic
You know I’m a BIG, BIG fan of Clarisonic, right? I’ve been a fan since the very first Clarisonic (aka the Original) came out. It helps to cleanse and gently exfoliate skin on a regular basis. Clarisonic wants to make your holidays a little brighter (and cleaner!) by giving Temptalia readers a chance to win one of their very own.
What You’ll Win
THREE lucky winners will win a set of Clarisonics (yes — TWO Clarisonics) of their choice! You’ll get to choose the model and color — make it the perfect one for you!
Clarisonic has three versions available to choose from:
- MIA Smaller, more compact than the originalm with one speed ($149) (my review)
- Classic The original, two-speed cleansing system ($195) (my review)
- PLUS Three speeds, plus a “body mode” and a brush for the body ($225) (it’s the only one I don’t have!)
Clarisonic also offers an excellent comparison chart for easy shopping between models.
How to Enter
Leave a comment on this post nominating someone in your life to receive a free Clarisonic of their choice and tell us why you think they should win!
All entries must be submitted by December 23rd, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Please make sure to use a valid e-mail address when leaving your comment. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated once winners have been confirmed.
I’m pretty much out of my mind with the opportunity and Clarisonic’s generosity (they’re even extending it to ALL readers, U.S. or not!), so I hope you are as well! Lots of gratitude and thank yous to the lovely folks at Clarisonic!
Congratulations to Brittany, Cherie, & Lynn!
If you were using MAC Atlantic Blue Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
What was the last beauty product you finished? Share!
Philosophy Pumpkin Spice Shower Gel!
MAC Love Lace Collection: Eyes
Today, MAC released Love Lace–a week early (it was originally slated for release on the 26th–but my freestanding store confirmed that Warm & Cozy was still launching the 26th). It’s a short ‘n sweet launch, with just two lipsticks, two lipglasses, four eyeshadows, three kohl powers, one nail lacquer, and then a few repromotes of permanent items. It reminds me a bit of last year’s Chill Collection.
I’m going to focus on reviewing the four eyeshadows and three kohl powers in this post, with a follow-up post on the lipsticks and lipglasses, and a final post on the nail lacquer–so stay tuned!
- Love Lace is a dusty darkened blue with a slightly shimmered finish (it is a veluxe pearl, after all) with a very smooth, soft feel. It’s decently pigmented. This reminded me of a more muted Deep Truth kind of shade.
- Suave Intentions is an icy cool-toned medium blue with icy silver shimmer and sheen. If you had to, you might consider duping this with Tilt (which is a little more teal). This was the most pigmented shade of the four.
- Pincurl is a mauvey-gray with icy pink shimmer and sheen. It’s a repromote from Blonde, Brunette, and Redhead. It has a sort of dusty look to it.
- Hypnotizing is a darkened, smoked out mauve-plum with a touch of brown.
- Feline is an intense black.
- Raven is a deep burgundy with black pearl.
- Sense of Style is a darkened blue-teal with blue and teal shimmer. It’s much bluer than Mystery kohl power.
Light Affair Nail Lacquer
MAC Love Lace Collection: Light Affair Nail Lacquer
The final product I’m reviewing from MAC’s Love Lace Collection is a new, limited edition shade of nail lacquer. Light Affair is a creamy, pale gray with a touch of lilac/purple. It’s cool-toned, and it looks quite pale against my skin tone. I really just want to call it a lilac-y gray, but it doesn’t really have that much lilac in it. It’s an interesting shade–it’s a much, much paler and lighter version of Cool Reserve from fall.
Pretty Please, Intricate Lipsticks
MAC Love Lace Collection: Lips
I’m going to focus on reviewing the lipsticks and lipglasses in this post… Overall, I wasn’t too impressed — pretty underwhelmed with the shade range, and as “cool” as the concept is for Intricate/Utterly Discrete, neither was pigmented enough to show up well on my lips!
- Intricate is an ultra sheer plummy brown with multicolored shimmer. It’s quite sheer, even with many, many layers in a swatch. It has a very frosty finish.
- Pretty Please is a sheer, cool-toned, light pink with soft shimmer. This is a permanent shade.
- Utterly Discrete is a sheer brown-based gloss with multi-colored shimmer (with a healthier dose of pinky-purple shimmer). It’s very much a complement to Intricate lipstick. It looks very similar to Icescape on lips, sans the milky pink.
- Icescape is a sheer, milky pink base with brighter iridescent pink and purple shimmer. This is a repromote.