Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Beauty Basics: MAC Eye Brushes
Considering investing in brushes for your eyeshadows? Trying to figure out which brushes you need? Look no further — here’s our guide to MAC Eye Brushes! Plus, seasoned MAC Artists weigh in with their must-haves!
MAC Eye Brushes — Our Reviews
- 5 Basics to Begin With: 217, 219, 226 (if unavailable, 222/224), 231, 239
- 5 More to Add Down the Road: 205, 208, 249, 266, 272
- 5 Great Multi-taskers: 208, 217, 231, 239, 249
- Best for Highlighting: 217, 272
- Best for Blending: 217, 224, 231, 239, 272
- Best for Crease: 219, 222, 224, 226
- Best for Eyeshadow Application: 231, 239, 242
What the PROS Say
MAC Senior Artist Luc Bouchard loves the 222, he says, “I love this brush because I can define and diffuse the crease in a second! I also use it to apply and blend concealer – it allows me to apply a perfectly blended sheer coat.”
MAC Senior Artist Keri Blair must have the 224, because it is “hands down this brush is great for blending, blending and blending… It’s been an extension of my right hand for over 13 years. The tip of the brush picks up the color and all the tapered hairs help to move the product out and across the eye.”
Share your favorites with fellow Temptalia readers, just copy and paste the form below and write-in your own answers…
5 Basics to Begin With:
5 More to Add Down the Road:
5 Great Multi-taskers:
Best for Highlighting:
Best for Blending:
Best for Crease:
Best for Eyeshadow Application:
Chantecaille Sylvie Personal Collection for Fall 2009
Chic and sophisticated, the Sylvie Personal Collection embodies today’s strong, modern woman. Sparked by the energy and excitement of the city, this new collection speaks to women who are active, engaged and stylish—women who find beauty in a confident, elegant look.
The Sylvie Personal Collection was inspired by Chantecaille founder, Sylvie Chantecaille, and is thoroughly contemporary in its fashionforward palette and sleek, brand-new gunmetal packaging. This simple, streamlined look reflects an up-to-date femininity—a simple, authentic statement that exudes smart, urban cool. A complete collection for face, eyes and lips, re-imagined for Fall.
Sylvie’s Personal Palette ($72.00)
A new, square, super-stylized compact contains a complete palette for eyes and cheeks. Each of the four colors is intricately embossed in the shape of the rose, the symbol of Chantecaille. Eyes are the focus of Fall’s face, and three deep tones include two Lasting Eyeshades in a rich plum brown and a matte beige, both of which can be applied wet or dry. A Shine Eyeshade in shimmery fawn is an opulent highlight and can be easily blended in the crease of the eye for added sparkle. A Perfect Blush in a medium toned rose for cheeks comes in an ultra-fine highly adherent formula for a smooth, flawless complexion. All delivered in one chic, metalized pouch, it creates a rich and elegant vision for fall.
Lip Chic in Heirloom ($30.00)
New, deep berry tone that anchors Fall’s sophisticated face. The newest addition to Chantecaille’s Lip Chic collection, a highly emollient formula that offers the even coverage of a lipstick with the high shine and plumping effects of a gloss. Added collagen give lips a boost, leaving them fuller and decidedly more youthful in appearance, with out any irritation.
Luminous Eye Liner in Viola ($22.00)
An intense, long-wearing liquid eyeliner in plum with brown overtones. A unique formula rich in pearls and pigments is easily applied with the brush applicator to deliver a high-glamour look.
Le Stylo in Dark Brown ($26.00)
A dramatic, long-lasting liquid liner in an innovative marker form. Perfect for graphically defining eyes with a highly precise line of rich, dark brown.
Availability: August 2009 at Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Frédéric Fekkai Salons, Neiman Marcus, select Saks Fifth Avenue locations, and Space NK.
See more images… Continue reading →
What makeup do you take with you when you travel? Say you’re going somewhere for a week?
I’d take 2 15-pan palettes, a couple of pigments, 5-10 lipsticks/lipglosses, 3-5 blushes, a few eye liner, and of course, the usual staples (foundation, moisturizer, etc.)!
MAC Cosmetics Colour Craft Collection Facecharts
Here are eight face charts designed and created for their upcoming Colour Craft Collection!
- Brow Highlight: Passionate Eye Shadow (left eye) with 222 Brush
- Eyelid: Fresh Green Mix Mineralize Eye Shadow (solid shade)(inner, centre) with 252 Brush
- Liner: Smolder Eye Kohl (waterline), Rapidblack Penultimate Eye Liner
- Liner, Lower: Passionate Eye Shadow with 219 Brush
- Lashes: Zoomblack Zoom Lash
- Left Eye: Top circle at brow bone – Natural Flare Mineralize Eye Shadow (orange shade); middle circle at temple; Fashion Patch Mineralize Eye Shadow (blue and white shades); bottom circle at eyelid – Deep Truth Eye Shadow with
242 Brush; Rapidblack Penultimate Eye Liner (outline)
- Inner Eye Design (both eyes): Fresh Green Mix Mineralize Eye Shadow (solid shade) with 252 Brush and Rapidblack Penultimate Eye Liner (outline)
- Pencil: Beet Lip Pencil
- Lipstick: Trimming Talk Lipstick (outer) with 316 Brush and Miss Marble Lipglass and Melon Pigment
See seven more! Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Graphic Garden Collection Facecharts
- Foundation: Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation with 188 Brush
- Blush: Dollymix Sheertone Shimmer Blush with 116 Brush
- Brows: Clear Brow Set
- Primer: Prep + Prime Eye with 242 Brush
- Brow Highlight: Social Climber Eye Shadow with 239 Brush
- Eyelid: Botanical Blue and Straight Hedge
- Eye Shadows with 239 Brush
- Liner, Upper: Point Black Liquidlast Liner with 212 Brush
- Liner, Lower: Graphic Garden Eye Shadow with 212 Brush
- Lashes: Black Dazzle Dazzle Lash
- Primer: Prep + Prime Lip with 311 Brush
- Pencil: Sublime Culture Cremestick Liner
- Lipstick: Soft Illusion Lipstick with 311 Brush and Baby Blooms Lipglass
See seven more… Continue reading →
Tell us why/what you love, hate, or are indifferent about… CREAM BLUSHES!