Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
For the holidays, philosophy launched an instant-win game: the gingerbread man.
Everyday is a chance to win something different, with five prizes awarded everyday.
- November 11th through the 17th: Happy Holidays Gift Set
- November 18th through the 24th: Cocoa & S’mores Set
- November 25th through December 1st: The Cookie Exchange Set
- December 2nd through 8th: Amazing Grace Set
- December 9th through 17th: Purity Hope Grace Set
And of course, what’s a contest without a grand prize winner? The grand prize winner will receive a year-long philosophy shopping spree of $2,500. You can find out more details here.
To check it out, head on over to play!
Zoya Ultra Glitter Collection: Nova
Zoya Nova Nail Polish ($7.00 for 0.5 oz.) is one of three shades from Zoya’s Ultra Glitter Winter 2009 Collection. It accompanies Astra (review) and Luna (to be reviewed).
Nova is a warm-toned raspberry pink with a raspberry-colored jelly base and darker, deeper pink glitter mixed in. It’s a pretty shade–much more subtle and darker than Astra, which is more of a bubbly pink in comparison. I’m surprised Zoya launched two pinky shades in a three-bottle collection (I would have expected three entirely separate shades), but it’s a nice shade of pink nonetheless. The glitter distributes fairly evenly even if you don’t wait too long between coats.
Zoya’s formula is one of my favorites, as it’s chip-resistant and gives me week-long wear without worry. I find their Color Lock System to be one of my favorite base/top/drying coat combinations to use for polishes. Their remover is fantastic, and I use it for removing all my glitter polishes without much trouble at all!
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you love glittery nails, Zoya’s Ultra Glitter Collection may be right up your alley.
What beauty products are currently on your wish list? What keeps you from caving?
Ohh, the new No!No! and Clarisonic’s Opal. I don’t *need* them, so it’s hard to justify them at the moment!
What’s the Worst Facial Exfoliator…?
What brand/product wins this category? Any particular reason it wins?
I was watching Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance Music Video yesterday, and I felt a little inspired by the bold makeup she’s wearing around the four minute mark. At first, I thought she was wearing this look while dancing a bit, but I think the looks are different–the one she wears while dancing (also around the four minute mark) seems cleaner, not quite as dark, though the lips seem really similar.
Anyway, this is inspired by and not so much as an exact replica. If you wanted to be more on target, I’d say to go for a slightly messier smoky eye, add a little bit of gloss to make it look wet and have a sheen, and then go for a very dramatic cheek contour. The shape of the black portion on the eye also goes up quite close to the inner brow bone and then comes down. The lashes should also be bigger and flair out more on the outer lash line.
Also, this look is actually REALLY easy. No, seriously! It’s pretty much any cream black base all over the lid. I used the same technique I did back in 2007 to create this black smoky eye tutorial. The lashes took me infinitely longer and still didn’t adhere correctly–but it was good enough to fake it in photos (and my eyes were burning from upper lash line irritation, so it was a hurry-up-and-finish situation).
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Blacktrack fluidline (black), Carbon eyeshadow (matte black), Vex eyeshadow (duochrome white-purple), Bisque eyeshadow (matte highlighter), Feline kohl power (black), false eyelashes (anything big and dramatic), Zoom Fast Black Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Sculpt sculpting powder (dark shadow), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronzy highlighter)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (#140)
- Lips: Red No. 5 lipstick (deep red), Violetta lipstick (bright purple), Vino lip pencil (dark red)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Red No. 5 = New York Apple
Directions: Apply Blacktrack fluidline all over the lid as the base with the 249. With the 239, pack Carbon eyeshadow on all over the lid. Using the 226 brush, lightly blend the crease with Vex eyeshadow. Sweep Bisque eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Feline Kohl Power on lower lash line, and apply false lashes to upper lash line, then lightly apply Zoom Fast Black mascara on lashes. Sweep hollows of cheeks with Sculpt sculpting powder using the 168, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 165. Apply Red No. 5 lipstick to lips, and then top with Violetta for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away $195 in MAC Cosmetics!
If you’ve ever wanted to try MAC pigments or you just constantly fiend for more… this giveaway has you covered. All pigments and glitters are full-size products.
Winner will receive:
- Rushmetal Pigment
- Steel Blue Pigment
- Violet Pigment
- Golden Olive Pigment
- Kitschmas Pigment
- Blue Glitter
- Reflects Very Pink Glitter
- Refects Transparent Teal Glitter
- Reflects Rust Glitter
- Reflects Gold Glitter
Submit your entry by leaving a comment telling me what your favorite MAC pigment or glitter is.
RULES: All entries must be submitted by November 18th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Congratulations to Amy P., @helloxamyizzle, for winning!
Increase Your Chances to Win…
For a total of two chances! Just remember you must leave a comment on this post to get entered initially. Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
2. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!) and re-tweet the following: RT @temptalia RT to win $195 in MAC Pigments&Glitters! Follow @temptalia! Rules: http://tinyurl.com/mac195pg