This is a product that lives up to its claims–it wears all day without budging, creasing, or fading–and blends as well on its own as it does with other eyeshadows (or on top of an eyeshadow base). Giorgio Armani describes the Eyes to Kill Intense formula as neither powder nor cream but a hybrid that creates a “smooth, lasting color film” that can be applied wet or dry. Giorgio Armani explains, “Each shade is intensified with a second pigment for a multi-dimensional effect. In just one swoop, create a wet, shimmering smokey eye … Base color covers eyelid, and second pigment adds drama to the contour.”
The texture of these feels almost like a cream eyeshadow, but it has the thinness of a powder eyeshadow while retaining some of the blendability of the hybrid cream-powder eyeshadow. It also works well with other eyeshadow (see this look using #6). It’s almost like a really dense loose powder that’s been pressed down, because if you dig at it, it loosens.
Though pricey, each shade comes with 0.14 oz. worth of product, which is a hefty amount (normal eyeshadow averages around 0.05 oz., no matter the price). The only aspect I didn’t love was the little black stopper inside the jar (once you unscrew the black lid), because my longer fingers felt awkward grabbing it (so I just unscrew it upside down so it falls into the cap).
5 Long-Wearing Cream Eyeshadows
It seems like a lot of readers are looking for cream eyeshadows that are also long-wearing on their lonesome, and these are five of the best I’ve personally tested and reviewed!
Feel free to share any upcoming deals you’ve spotted!
- HAUTELOOK: Vincent Longo (4/25), E.V.A. Hair Electronics (4/26), CelluScience Skincare (4/26), Kevyn Aucoin Beeauty (4/27), La Bella Donna Cosmetics (4/28), Beauty Gadget Event (4/29)
- IDEELI: Senna Cosmetic (4/25)
Free Shipping, Coupon Codes, GWPs
- APOTHICA: Free shipping on orders of $49+
- BEAUTY.COM: $10 off $60 – you MUST click through this link to receive the offer.
- BENEFIT: Free shipping on $50+ purchases with code PRETTY50, expires 10/26. Free international shipping with $115+ purchases with code WORLD115, expires 10/26.
- BLISS: Free travel size Youth moisturizer when you purchase the full size with code FAIRY109. Free shipping on Pro Sizes with code SHIPPRO. 20% off bestselling brands with code SPRINGTIME, expires 4/30.
- BOBBI BROWN: Free full-size Naked Rich Color Lip Gloss and free shipping on $65+ orders with code RICH44, expires 6/24.
- CLINIQUE: Free Mother’s Day tote with $55+ purchase, expires 5/6, must click through this link.
- DARPHIN: Free shipping on all orders, no code necessary.
- GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY: Free shipping and gift wrap with Armani Beauty gift set order with code GABMOM, expires 4/26.
- KIEHLS: Free shipping on $50+ orders.
- LANCOME: Free four piece sample set ($53 value) + free shipping with $45 purchase with code AAPR, expires 4/30. Two free deluxe makeup samples with $35+ purchase, use code SPRINGEYES, expires 4/30. Enjoy 4 free samples (over a $58 value) with $35+ purchase, use code APRIL4PC, expires 4/29.
- NORDSTROM: $5 shipping on $50+ orders.
- ORIGINS: Choose a free full-size cleanser + free standard shipping with $30+ purchase, 4/22 only. Origins will plant a tree with any purchase of Plantscription, expires 4/23, no code required.
- PHILOSOPHY: 15% off $65+ orders with code WELUVMOMS, expires 4/26.
- SAKS FIFTH AVENUE: Receive a luxurious introduction to The Hydrating Infusion with any La Mer purchase with code LAMER65, expires 5/2.
- SEPHORA: Free Clinique Pore Refining Serum sample with $25+ purchase (Beauty Insiders only) with code SHRINK, expires 5/30. Free Laura Mercier Face Scrub sample, use code FACEPOLISH. Free shipping on orders of $50+. Free Murad skincare sample trio with code RESURGE. Free Bliss mini rollerball with any purchase with code BLISSFUL. Free travel-size Dr. Brandt Intensolution treatment with any purchase with code BLEMISHFREE. Free Stila Glamoureyes mascara with code GLAMOUR. Free Bite lip-and-cheek color with $25+ purchase with code BITE. Free Sephora Collection mascara sample with any purchase with code FULLACTION.
- SKINSTORE.COM: 20% off select staff favorites with code G2G20, expiration unknown.
- THE BODY SHOP: Free shipping on $50+ orders, expires 4/24. 2 for $25 Body Butters, expires 4/24.
- YSL: 4 beauty samples + free shipping with $75+ purchase with code BEAUTY10, expires 6/30. Free shipping with YSL Beauty Mother’s Day Set purchase, no code needed, expires 4/30.
I hate when one brand will rant about another brand or put it down. I’d rather hear about what makes your product great than why another brand sucks. I dislike it when associates gossip in front of customers or talk about customers as they leave. It also encourages me to leave quickly if there is no acknowledgement.
- DIY - tweezing (66%, 2,840 Votes)
- Professional - waxing (13%, 569 Votes)
- Professional - threading (12%, 509 Votes)
- Professional - tweezing (3%, 112 Votes)
- DIY - waxing (3%, 112 Votes)
- DIY - threading (2%, 96 Votes)
- Other - I'll tell you in the comments! (2%, 86 Votes)
Total Voters: 4,324
Feel free to elaborate on your answer in the comment section! 🙂
Thanks to Meme for today’s poll!
Relaunching on May 5th, Magically Cool Liquid Powders (each $29.50 for 0.84 oz.) will join MAC’s permanent range with three shade offerings: Honey Rose (sheer rosy beige with multidimensional shimmer), Cajun (sheer bronze shimmer with reflects gold), and Truth & Light (sheer shimmer that reflects silver and pink). Honey Rose is new, while Cajun and Truth & Light are repromotes from Venomous Villains.
Magically Cool Liquid Powder is a cool product–it does feel like liquid when you initially apply it, and it quickly transitions to a powder finish within mere seconds. It’s certainly a fun product to play around with and swatch. Personally, I find it more difficult to apply and blend out, because once it dries, it doesn’t like to move or diffuse. It’s less concerning with lighter shades like Honey Rose and Truth & Light, but with a more color-loaded shade like Cajun, yields a blotchy look.
I found the best application method was with a stippling brush and using a very feathery touch, because it gives you more room for error. Since they do not like to blend out once dried, they do wear well (eight hours).
When these are brand new, there is a black sticker that covers the entire inside portion of the jar, which keeps all of the product locked in. For photography purposes, I removed the entire label, but I would recommend only lifting it to reveal a few holes (perhaps 5 or so), and cutting the lifted area, but keeping the majority of the lid still sealed. The sifter just allows far too much powder to come through, and a lot of it will puff and disperse in the area each time you go to open it (my jeans were covered in micro-shimmer after opening Cajun, which I’ve had since September).