The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.
Bright Makeup: Hot Pink Smoky Eyes
Go fierce or go home! Dark, sultry smoky eyes with a hot pink edge paired with equally in-your-face pink lips.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Fuchsia Pigment (fuchsia), Sugarpill Dollipop Eyeshadow (matte fuchsia pink), Sugarpill Bulletproof Eyeshadow (matte black), MAC Stars ‘n Rockets Eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), MAC Beautiful Iris Eyeshadow (iridescent icy purple), MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (black liner), Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner (purple), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Setting Powder
- Cheeks: MAC Sculpt Sculpting Powder (dark nude), MAC Shell Pearl Beauty Powder (soft champagne-peach)
- Lips: MAC Petals & Peacocks Lipstick (hot pink), MAC True Babe Lipstick (hot pink)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 168 (fluffy angled brush), 165 (tapered blush brush), 130 (flat stippling brush)
- Substitutes: Shell Pearl = Soft & Gentle; Petals & Peacocks = Girl About Town; True Babe = Pink Poodle
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Fuchsia pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Dollipop eyeshadow on the entire lower eyelid area. Darken the outer third of the lid with Bulletproof eyeshadow with the 226, gently brushing it into the outer crease. Lightly blend Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow, with the 226, in the crease. Lightly tap and brush Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Beautiful Iris eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone and inner tearduct. Bring everything together by applying Lust eyeliner on the lower lash line and Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by applying Blacktrack fluidline to the upper lash line with the 208, and then sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sculpt sculpting powder to the hollows of the cheeks to lightly contour and blend onto cheeks with the 168. To highlight, apply Shell pearl onto the cheekbones with the 165.
For lips, apply Petals & Peacocks lipstick first, and then layer True Babe lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos! Continue reading “Dramatic Smoky Eyes in Hot, Fuchsia Pink”
Spring 2010 Collection Reviews: Round-up
We’re getting close to the end of our spring collection coverage, so I thought a round-up of reviews was in order!
What were your favorite spring collections? Favorite spring products?
- Barielle Wildflower Collection
- Benefit Velvet Eyeshadows for Spring 2010
- Bobbi Brown Cabana Corals Collection: Cabo Coral Pot Rouge, Lipglosses, Lipsticks, Nectar Shimmerbrick
- Bobbi Brown Color Strips Collection: Bonfire Palette, Orchid Palette
- Chanel Les Impressions de Chanel Collection: Review Round-up (also Khaki Dore, Particuliere Nail Lacquer)
- China Glaze Up & Away Collection: Review Round-up
- Dior Lace Collection: Vintage Pink Blush
- Estee Lauder Very Hollywood Collection
- Guerlain Cherry Blossom Collection: Cherry Blossom Blush, Jeu d’Ombrelles Eyeshadow Quad
- Lancome L’Absolu Creme de Brilliance Collection
- Lancome Mix & Matte Collection: Part 1, Part 2
- Lancome O My Rose! Collection: Pop ‘n Cheeks Blush, Pop ‘n Green Eyeshadow Quad
- Laura Mercier Polished Collection: Crystal Pink Lip Shine, Eye Colour Duos, Polished Radiant Creme Colour
- MAC All Ages, All Races, All Sexes Collection: Review Round-up
- MAC Liberty of London Collection: Review Round-up
- MAC in Lillyland Collection: Review Round-up
- MAC Riveting Collection: Review Round-up
- MAC Spring Colour Forecast Collection: Review Round-up
- MAC Tabloid Beauty Collection: Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour, Pro Longwear Lipcolour
- MAC Too Fabulous Collection: Cremesheen Glasses, Lip Pencils, Mineralize Blush Duos
- NARS Spring 2010 Collection: D. Gorgeous Eyeshadow, Kuala Lumpur Eyeshadow Duo, Purple Rain Nail Lacquer
- OPI Hong Kong Collection: Part 1, Part 2
- Smashbox Heartbreaker Collection: Jet Black Liquid Liner Pen
- SpaRitual Believe Collection
- Too Faced Fun in the Dark Palette
- Too Faced Spring 2010 Eyeshadow Duos
- Urban Decay Spring 2010 Collection: Alice in Wonderland Palette, Stardust Eyeshadows
EnKore shows us how to organize our false eyelashes…
How’s your Sunday treating you? What have you been doing (or will do) today?
- The low-down on blow dryer attachments [BellaSugar]
- Lynnie is Matte about Essie [Beaut.ie]
- Wild eyes at Chanel’s Paris show [Daily Beauty Reporter]
- Don’t forget about MAC Technakohls [Makeup and Beauty Blog]
- Can soap made out of mud be good for oily skin? [We Heart This]
- It’s Spring with Daisy in the Air [Musings of a Muse]
- 8 Commandments of Good Skin [Girls in the Beauty Department]
- More than once a day! (41%, 1,239 Votes)
- Daily (40%, 1,232 Votes)
- 2-3 times a week (14%, 419 Votes)
- Once a week (3%, 86 Votes)
- 2-3 times a month (2%, 54 Votes)
- Other - I'll tell you in the comments! (0%, 12 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,042
Feel free to elaborate on your answer in the comment section!