Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Overall, MAC Sugarsweet Collection brings back shadesticks and some old favorites, but I don’t feel it has created any new favorites. The shadesticks are creamier this go-round, and they do feel a little softer. While I have always appreciated the original shadesticks for their color pay off, I just never loved the feel of them on my eye lid, so I had to pass them along to friends. I am looking forward to trying out the newer, creamier versions!The packaging on the shadesticks is nicer, too — almost a slick, shiny plastic casing.
What did you think of MAC’s Sugarsweet collection? What are you loving/hating? Tell me in the comments!
Neither the lipsticks or the tricolour lipglasses really grabbed my beauty-strings–there are a few that caught my eye, but nothing that caused my heart to speed up, you know? I am personally not a fan of sheer glosses, which is why the tricolour lipglasses aren’t up my alley either. The eyeshadows are so-so; they all have decent color pay off and texture, but none of limited colors screamed “must have!” I do think the finish of the mineralize skinfinishes is improved over the last few that have come out; there doesn’t seem to be any large, chunky shimmer–much more refined and subtle so it gives you a gentle sheen over a wallop of shimmer.
Must-Haves: Lollipop Loving, Stars ‘n Rockets, Butternutty, Red Velvet, Peppermint Patti
Nice-to-Haves: Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Simply Delicious, Tasty, Aquavert, Cakeshop
Skip: Consume Me
Get in-depth reviews on each of the items from this collection! Continue reading →
Row 1: Cakeshop, Lemon Chiffon, Butternutty, Penny, Red Velvet
Row 2: Bubbles, Lollipop Loving, Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Touch
Swatches for MAC’s Sugarsweet Collection! Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Grand Duo Mineralize Blush Duo!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Grand Duo Mineralize Blush Duo from very limited edition MAC Grand Duos Collection. Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us why you want to win.
All entries must be submitted by March 21st, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
What was the last beauty product you bought but didn’t like? Why didn’t it work out for you?
It was probably a Chanel glossimer – Wild Rose, I think – which just didn’t go on as pigmented as I had envisioned. I really should learn to try things on my lips in-store!
Green look for today! I really didn’t intend to wear eyeshadow–I was shooting for something short and sweet, mostly wanting to try out Honey Light high-light powder. I learned a few things today, though: line lower lashline before mascara, or else lower lashes clump together; do not put another mascara over lashes with fully dried mascara or else clump-city; and finally, it is hard to go green without REALLY going green. I ended up taking off the eyes and just doing black mascara (but kept the rest of the face/lips)
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral base), Juxt eyeshadow on (soft pastel yellow-green), Bio Green (medium green), Wondergrass eyeshadow (medium deep green), Humid eyeshadow (dark green), Femme-fi eyeshadow (soft neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Graffiti 24/7 Liner (green), Zoomlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Honey Light High-Light Powder (peachy gold)
- Lips: Chanel Monte Carlo Aqualumiere lipstick (pinky-gold), Chanel Tangerine Dream Aqualumiere Gloss (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Wondergrass = Kelly; Honey Light = Drizzlegold; Femme-fi = Shroom
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Juxt eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Bio Green eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Wondergrass eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Humid eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Graffiti Liner on lower lash line, and Zoomlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Honey Light highlight powder using the 129. Apply Chanel Monte Carlo lipstick to lips, and then top with Chanel Tangerine Dream lipgloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Reader Heather is sharing this beautiful autumnal look. She used…
- UDPP (primer)
- Rubenesque Paint Pot (base)
- Gorgeous Gold (inner lid)
- Fab N’ Flashy (middle lid)
- Warm Suede (outer and upper middle lid)
- Grand Entrance (crease), Sweet Joy (highlight)
- Post Haste (wash of color all over lid)
- YSL dark liquid liner (upper lashline)
- Black Karat Kohl Power pencil (waterline)
- Chanel Exceptionnel mascara
- Lancome Mandarine Sky Shimmer Blush
- Bobbi Brown Apricot Shimmer Brick
- Lancome Downtown Pink Plumping Lipgloss
See close-ups! Continue reading →