- Best sunscreen?
- Worst sunscreen?
- How often do you reapply sunscreen?
- Lord & Taylor — 30% off almost everything + 10% off cosmetics & fragrances with code FRIENDS, ends 12/15.
- MAC Cosmetics — Early access on 12/5 to MAC x Mariah Carey for Obsessed & Devoted members here, starts 12/05 and ends 12/07.
- Macy's — $10 off every $50 cosmetics & fragrance purchase, ends 12/08.
- Saks — Receive a gift card up to $700 on your purchase of $250+ with code DEC2016, ends 12/09.
Win It! $295 Guerlain, Featuring Rouge Automatique!
Two (2) lucky Temptalia readers will win $295 in Guerlain products–including their choice of Rouge Automatique Lipstick engraved just for them! This giveaway is open to U.S. readers only.
Congratulations to @heyitskristie and @katieklassified!
- Rouge Automatique ($35.00) — you get to choose the shade and up to 15 characters for the engraving
- Terracotta Bronzing Powder (winner to choose shade) ($47.00)
- Terracotta Light ($50.00)
- Le 2 Mascara ($36.00)
- Summer Cream Eyeshadow #2 ($35.00)
- Summer Cream Eyeshadow #3 ($35.00)
- Meteorites Perles ($57.00)
- You must follow both @temptalia and @GuerlainUS on Twitter!
- Once you’ve done that, retweet this message: Follow @GuerlainUS + @temptalia & RT to win $260 Guerlain goodies + Engraved Rouge Automatique! Rules http://budurl.com/g295
For official rules…
CoverGirl Sultry Lip Perfection Lipcolor
CoverGirl Lip Perfection: Sultry, Smolder, Bewitch, Impassion, Hypnotic, Enthrall
A month or so ago, CoverGirl reached out to be to see what my interest would be in testing out their new CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipcolor ($6.99 for 0.12 oz.)–but there was a caveat: they wanted me to use nothing but these lipsticks for seven days. In the interest of full disclosure, I know that there have been other bloggers who participated in CoverGirl’s challenge and were compensated for their time, but I refused monetary compensation, because I choose not to participate in paid reviews. I needed to make that clear so that you know my policy hasn’t changed on that! It’s a personal choice each blogger must make for themselves, so this is just how we do things here on Temptalia. 🙂
What’s a better test of their “silk moisturizing complex” than swatching 44 lipsticks over seven days? The biggest claim that Lip Perfection makes is that by prolonged use of their formula, your lips will be “soft, smooth, [and] beautiful” within seven days. The other claim being “in a single stroke, lips are enhanced with rich, rewarding color.” So last month, I worked through the 44 shades over a week’s period and am ready to roll out the reviews, photos, and swatches! (You’d be surprised how un-fun it is to go through and crop photos for 44 lipsticks.)
- Sultry is an opaque, medium-dark, pink nude with a slightly glossy sheen.
- Smolder is an opaque, warm, medium-dark brown with a soft redness and a slightly glossy sheen.
- Bewitch is an opaque, dark orange-brown with a slightly glossy sheen.
- Impassion is an opaque, coppery-red with copper and ruby red shimmer with a glossy sheen.
- Hypnotic is an opaque, rosy brown with a lighter peach frost finish.
- Enthrall is a semi-opaque, coral-red with subtle ruby and gold micro-shimmer and a glossy sheen.
On average, Lip Perfection lasted four hours on my lips, with darker shades lasting five to six hours, but the lighter shades pulled in at four hours. These tend to be more opaque in color, and this is definitely a factor in getting better wear, as it takes longer for the color to fade away. Lip Perfection lives up to the claims of rich color, and one stroke gets you there, too.
These are moisturizing in some ways, less so in other ways. I very much missed my Jack Black Lip Balm by the end of seven days, but my lips didn’t take a beating nor were they dried out, cracked, or peeling. They were fairly normal, but I always felt like I needed to reach for something to put on them (which, for the week, was a Lip Perfection lipstick). They’re moisturizing while you wear them, and when you remove them (or they fade away), your lips aren’t dying for balm, but I couldn’t go too long without putting it on again.
Just like in lip balms, sometimes they make your lips feel comfortable and moisturized while you wear them, but they don’t necessarily give you that deep-down hydration that drier lips need. These moisturize the lips, and the moisturization lasts longer than the lipstick color does, but I wouldn’t throw out my lip balm. I feel as if I’ve found my holy grail in lip balm (Jack Black), and without it, my lips were not in the same shape as they typically are–slightly less soft and smooth.
They last decently through drinking and light lunch, but it has a slightly waxy taste that I did detect when eating/drinking. There is a sweet vanilla scent to these, and it varies from semi-strong to subtle, but I could still smell a bit of the waxy base alongside the vanilla. If you are particularly sensitive to scents/tastes in your lip products, I’d recommend buying one to test (particularly from a retailer with a return policy). The darker shades will stain lips, which may be good/bad depending on your preferences. Each lipstick is housed in a square tube finished in a shiny grayish-purple. The bottom of the lipstick is colored in a way that is designed to reflect the actual shade; they’re not exact but are close enough that they’re helpful.
I really do like these. I was impressed by the creaminess and smooth glide of the lipstick when applied. The color payoff was excellent, and the shade range is lovely with a whole slew of colors and finishes. They’re certainly worth more than just a look next time you’re at the drugstore.
ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Paraffin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Lactate, Fragrance / Parfum, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Silk Powder / Poudre De Soie, Maltodextrin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Propylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Mica. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Orange 5, Iron Oxides, Lauroyl Lysine, Titanium Dioxide, Red 27, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Carmine
CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipcolor Swatches, Photos, Reviews (Part 1)
Cult Nails Let Me Fly Nail Lacquer
Cult Nails Let Me Fly Nail Laquer ($10.00 for 0.5 fl. oz.) is described as a “dusty turquoise shimmer with gorgeous silver shimmer.” It’s a dusty teal-blue with silver shimmer that’s opaque in two coats. The formula was really nice on this one; not too thick or thin with even flow and great coverage. I’ve had good luck with wear on Cult Nails’ line so far (I’ve tested three or four shades in full)–getting about a week’s worth of wear without chips.
See more photos & swatches!
I was a late bloomer–I really didn’t get into makeup until I went off to college, so I had just turned eighteen! I think it’s important to balance having fun and maintaining a young person’s self-image and self-esteem. You don’t want makeup to become a crutch or give them the idea that makeup is required to be beautiful, but you don’t necessarily want to forbid them at all! I would say subtle things like tinted lip balm, sheer gloss are great ways to start out when you’re young.
Do you have a question idea? Submit yours here.
MAC Bloggers’ Obsessions Online!
Thank you so much for your amazing support and love – it has been a truly tremendous day in every way.
This moment would not have been possible without all of you, because it is the power of Temptalia (which is all of YOU!) that opens up the doors to these kinds of opportunities. Having the shade sell out is bittersweet–it’s an amazing feeling, but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I’d much rather any person who wanted one to be able to purchase. At the end of the day, I’m here for you; Temptalia is for readers–being able to help you is what drives me. My passion is to create content and features to make your beauty lovin’ life easier. Thank you for sharing in this journey with me!
I’m going to keep my fingers crossed (and make Mellan keep his paws crossed!) that they’ll find some more over the next couple of days. The best way to get the latest is to follow me on Twitter or Facebook, because between my site-stalking and yours, we’ll see it if it does. Expect another Jealousy Wakes giveaway on Thursday or Friday!
- Edited @ 9:12PM PST: All nine of the shades from this launch are now listed as “COMING SOON!” It doesn’t seem likely that it just so happened that all nine shades sold out at exactly the same time, and while I definitely don’t know what’s going on, they might have tried to put a hold on purchases until it officially launches. That’s just a guess, though.
- Edited @ 9:26PM PST: All nine of the shades have now disappeared. It’s a waiting game!
- Edited @ 11:51PM PST: Several readers are reporting LiveChat giving a 6AM EST time for when things will be up for sale. Right now, all the shades are listed but as “coming soon.”
- Edited @ 7:39AM PST (6/21): I have no new news to report other than it should officially launch sometime today.
- Edited @ 11:19AM PST: Looks like you can add to cart now!!
- Edited @ 11:31AM PST: It may be sold out on the Canadian website. I checked as late as 12:24PM PST and for me, it still shows sold out. It still shows “add to bag” on the U.S. site.
- Edited @ 3:35PM PST: Jealousy Wakes is now showing as sold out on the U.S. site. Let’s cross our fingers they’ll find more somewhere somehow 🙂
You can use the code CS108LIVECHAT, TXT, OR BLOGS for free standard shipping on all orders.