Bright Makeup: So Blue, So, So, Blue!
I thought about doing a mix of blue and some other color (was leaning towards purple), but then I thought, “It’s been awhile since I’ve done *all* blue, hasn’t it?” and then this was created. The blues I used almost look like they’re glowing in the close-up photos, which is kind of cool!
Don’t be afraid of color — try it at home! If you don’t love it, you can always wash it off. Also a must? Make funny faces in the mirror if you’re not comfortable with wearing those bright colors. It should be fun, so have fun!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Clear Sky Blue Pigment (PRO) (matte sky blue as a base), MAC Sky Blue Eyeshadow (PRO) (sky blue), MAC Winkle Eyeshadow (matte powder blue), MAC Electric Eel Eyeshadow (matte bright blue), MAC Atlantic Blue Eyeshadow (brightened dark blue), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Deviant 24/7 Liner (blue), Milani Liquif’Eye Silver Eyeliner (silver), MAC Blue Herizon Liquidlast Liner (blue), Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Setting Powder
- Cheeks: MAC Prim & Proper Blush (pink-nude)
- Lips: MAC Peachstock Lipstick (peach-nude), MAC Frankly Fresh Lipglass (peach-nude)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme-fi = Shroom; Prim & Proper = Tenderling; Frankly Fresh = C-Thru
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Clear Sky Blue pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Sky Blue eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Winkle eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Electric Eel eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. With the 219, apply Atlantic Blue eyeshadow into the crease, and then use the 226 to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Deviant eyeliner on the outer lower lash line with Silver eyeliner on the inner lash line, then Atlantic Blue eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. On the upper lash line, apply Blue Herizon liquidlast liner and smudge with Atlantic Blue eyeshadow and the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Exceptionnel mascara.
For cheeks, apply Prim & Proper blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Peachstock lipstick first, and then layer Frankly Fresh lipglass for a complementing lip.