Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Exciting news, my dearest friends, Temptalia was invited to tour the Kryolan facilities in San Francisco! Franchesca invited us to take a sneak peek at the show room, as well as take a tour of the on-site production facilities. Claudia Longo, led the tour, while Jake (showroom manager) introduced us to all that is Kryolan (and boy is there a LOT to see and play with!). Before I forget, I urge you to call 1-800-KRYOLAN to find your nearest retailer so you can check these products out! You can expect more individual product coverage for the upcoming season; I have one hint: waterproofing.
Kryolan is a brand that has been headquartered in Berlin Papierstrasse since 1971, but began in 1945, and they still have 90% of their production in Germany. Kryolan is often known for their involvement in theatrical, film, and editorial, as the brand originally began because the founder was a theatre enthusiasist. Arnold Langer, who was also a chemist involved in cosmetics, founded the privately owned company with the support of his wife Waltraud. The philosophy of Kryolan is “To offer professional makeup artists of the world a system of products and services to better accomplish their tasks.” This philosophy continues to exist as Wolfram Langer, son, works towards to expanding and improving the already established brand. Kryolan distributes to over seventy countries, and they also do private label projects, which means you never know exactly where Kryolan products may show up.
Let me introduce you to some of Kryolan’s favorite and most known products, which there are many (and the line is so extensive). The DERMACOLOR system is known for its ability to cover discolorations and skin anomalies, including tattoos, birthmarks, or burn scars. I really liked how this line is posited, because it shows its usefulness to those who have serious skin difficulties or have undergone trauma, and I feel this line is excellent in giving those people a way to discover who they are and feel better about themselves.
AQUACOLOR is a grease-free, washable makeup for face and body that is used in theatrical makeup quite often. It is one of their most known lines, and it is something that makeup artists truly seem to rave about. They are incredibly pigmented, easy to use, and Kryolan does not know the word “discontinued.” If they develop and produce a product, you can be sure that it will continue to exist when you run out.
They also have a lot of special effects makeup available, ranging from latex parts to faux vomit to blood capsules. I liked that they packaged some of this special effect smakeup and products into a line called Fun Faze, which are specially packaged, often with step-by-step guides, to achieving face masks or certain looks for parties, carnivals, or even Halloween.
One of the best things I have learned about Kryolan is that they’re a company that is on the cutting edge of development and product safety. Because they have a presence globally, and they tend to import the majority of their products from Germany, they often adhere to the more stringest standards and practices of the EU. For instance, on many of their products, you will find a jar that has a number, such as “24m,” which indicates that the product is good for 24 months after it is opened. I think that is so handy, and I hope they implement this in the US soon!
Learn more about my tour, plus see a ton of photos! Continue reading →
SCENARIO: I would like to know any suggestions, ideas or help for wearing brighter eyeshadow colors during the day…so in a more subtle way. I am trying to get outside my comfort zone and be more adventurous with brighter colors, but I simply am not sure how to make purple, blue or even pinks look subtle enough to wear during the day.
Situation courtesy of Tanya!
I just heard about Clinique launching on QVC, which I think is great for some of you who don’t order online, prefer to see someone speak to you on a product before purchasing, and don’t live near a Clinique counter. I am a huge advocate of Clinique products, especially their skincare range, and especially since there are numerous users with skin issues, I urge you to check this brand out!
Clinique, the original dermatologist-created cosmetics brand, is scheduled to debut on QVC Sunday, February 17, 2008 at 6 PM (ET). During the two-hour broadcast, Clinique will offer QVC shoppers a selection of product favorites in various sizes and configurations as well as special pricing. Custom fit for every skin type, each beautifully crafted Clinique skincare and makeup product is Allergy Tested and 100% Fragrance Free.
- QVC to launch the Clinique Almost Powder Make-Up SPF 15, a lightweight powder makeup that provides a sheer, no make-up look. (Can I just say, this stuff is amazing? Review is forthcoming…)
- Clinique The Three-Step Deluxe Set — Clinique’s iconic three-step system, custom fit by skin type to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize, revolutionized the beauty industry and will now be offered in deluxe sizes on QVC.
- Collections created especially for QVC will be available including the Clinique Six-Piece Discovery Kit, the Clinique All About Eyes Three-Piece Collection and the Clinique Black Honey Three-Piece Set.
Additional Clinique products to be featured on QVC include:
- Clinique Turnaround Two-Piece Collection
- Clinique Superdefense Triple-Action Moisturizer SPF 25
- Clinique Repairwear Duo Intensive Eye and Night Cream
- Clinique Superbalanced Makeup 1 oz Foundation
- Clinique The Three-Minute Eye Three-Piece Collection
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion or Gel
- Clinique Repairwear Deep Wrinkle Concentrate
ABOUT THE EXPERT: JANET PARDO | Clinique’s Senior Vice President of Product Development Janet Pardo will appear on QVC as Clinique’s resident expert. An innovator in the beauty industry, Pardo has played a key role in creating some of Clinique’s top-selling products.
The Clinique products will be available through QVC at 800.345.1515 or www.QVC.com.
COSTELLO TAGLIAPIETRA | MAC PRO Red Pepper Lipstick was sheered out on the cheeks to give the skin a slight flush. MAC Paint Pot in Perky was applied to the lid, followed by Quite Natural Paint Pot, which was placed above the lid crease. Cash Flow Paint Pot was added to the inner corner of the eyes using a 213 Brush. Emphasis Sculpting Powder was brushed onto the lower lash line and on the crease, followed by Burnt Burgundy Paint Stick. Polished Ivory Paint Stick was placed onto the outer corner of the lids. MAC PRO Lipstick in Red Pepper was applied as a stain to the lips.
“A flavor of film noir, a haunted woman, 19th century romanticism interpreted by Hollywood in the 1930s,” says Kabuki.
JUAN | Studio Fix Fluid Foundation was applied to the face, followed by MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Natural, which was brushed onto sin with a 187 Brush to contour the face. MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist was applied to the lids with a 25 Brush, followed by Blackground Paint Pot. Smut Eye Shadow was layered from lash line to brow using a 224 Brush. MAC Smolder Eye Kohl was used to line the eyes; the line was dragged out past the natural lash line towards the brow, and blended with a 228 Brush. MAC Lipstick in Myth was patted onto lips with a 318 Brush.
“Robert Palmer girls gone wild,” says John Stapleton.
RUFFIAN | MAC Blot Powder Loose was lightly applied over skin. MAC Eye Shadow in Taupe was applied with a 239 Brush to outer portion of eyelid and just under the eye to create a shadow. Eye Shadow in Satin Taupe was brushed onto the middle of the crease. Eye Shadow in Forgery was dusted on to the cheek, arch of the brow, inner corner of the eye and the bridge of the nose to highlight. Lips were lined perfectly with MAC Lip Pencil in Magenta and
coloured with Violetta Lipstick.
“Boarding school girl gone wild, luxurious and beautiful, dating a bad guy,” says James Kaliardos.
THREEASFOUR | MAC Prep+Prime Skin was used to prepare skin, followed by Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in appropriate shades. A mixture of MAC PRO Clear Pink Gloss and Desert Rose Powder Blush was blended onto cheeks followed by Mineralized Skinfinish in Light Flush. MAC Prep+Prime Lash was applied to lashes followed by a coat of Royal Wink Fluidline with a 205 Brush. Brows were combed. MAC Mellowflame Lipstick was brushed onto lips.
“Something elegant and sophisticated but with a point of pop colour,” says Gordon Espinet.
Do you prefer long, short, or fake nails? Do you like to keep yours cut close to the fignertip, or are you more of “grow ‘em til I can’t” person? Or do you prefer to have yours done with acrylics or gels? Tell me about your length!
I keep mine short enough (depending on how well I’ve curbed my nail biting bad habit); my desired length is approximately 3-4 mm of white showing.
PRODUCTS NEEDED (ALL MAC): Overcast shadestick, Sweetlust eye shadow, Crystal Avalanche eye shadow, Girlie eye shadow, Sketch eye shadow, bootblack liquid liner, duo glue, # 34 lashes, 224 brush, 252 brush, 242 brush, 272 brush.
- Step 1: Take Overcast shadestick and apply all over eyelid.
- Step 2: Take clean 252 brush to blend out shadestick over eyelid moving upwards towards brow highlight.
- Step 3: Take clean 272 brush (small angled shader brush) and apply Crystal avalanche eye shadow in a sweeping motion to your brow highlight.
- Step 4: Take clean 242 brush and apply Sweetlust eye shadow on top of Overcast shadestick on your lid. Be sure to really pack it on there until desired intensity is achieved.
- Step 5: Take clean 224 brush and blend Girlie eye shadow lightly in crease. (this is used as a transition color to help blend the eyelid color into the brow highlight).
- Step 6: Taking clean 224 brush blend Sketch eye shadow starting in outer corner of eye and blending inward in the crease. (Note: you want the color to be darkest on the outer part of the crease and gently fade as it goes inward)
- Step 7: Apply a thin line of duo adhesive to your # 36 lashes. (Note, you may have to trim the lashes to fit your eye shape.)
- Step 8: Apply lashes to eye lids and let dry for a minute. You will know the glue is dry because the adhesive will go from white to clear.
- Step 9: Take your boot black eyeliner and apply a thin line over the eye lash stripe and a little on the lid.
See two more photos… Continue reading →