Venus, Silex, Meteore, Cosmo, Mica, Jupiter
Chanel Lumiere Celestes Collection featured the launch of eight new Glossimers ($26.00 each). I could only get my paws on six of the eight, but I’m loving the ones I do have! (The ones I didn’t get to see/try were Nebula #122 or Mirage #132, FYI — hopefully they’ll be out at Nordstrom today!) Chanel also released two lacquers in Mica Rose and Cosmic Violine. Lip swatches to follow!
- Venus (124) is a pop of bright, shimmery pink with pink and gold shimmer. It’s fairly sheer when applied to lips, but the gold shimmer really pops.
- Silex (126) is a sheer, lightly coral-toned gloss with noticeable peach and gold shimmer. Again, it is sheer when applied to lips (this is, ultimately, the nature of most glossimers!).
- Meteore (128) is similar to Silex, only the shimmer is a bit more muted and there is faint light pink glitter and less noticeable gold/peach shimmer.
- Cosmo (129) is an opaque, glossy coral with reddish tones shade. It has silvery-white glitter that sparkles in it. This is one of the more pigmented glossimers from the launch. In the tube, it looks more like a browned-down coral with red and silver shimmer.
- Mica (131) is a sheer, glossy mix of opal and purple shimmer with a milky pink color base. It is sheer, but it does noticeably make my lips a milky pink shade.
- Jupiter (134) is an opaque, glossy reddish-pink shade with just a touch of coral in it. The shimmer is a fuchsia-pink almost, just a touch of gold shimmer to accent.
See swatches and more product photos! Continue reading →
MAC Rose Is a Rose Quad is FINALLY available at Nordstrom!
You can purchase online or you can purchase online and pick-up in-store (to save on shipping). Will you be scoring one for yourself, or will you be skipping this time around? The official release date is slated for May 20th to coincide with Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly sale, so I don’t know if the online site will ship now or if stores will let you pick it up now. YMMV.
The quad contains:
- Solar White Golden white (Frost) (Repromote)
- Contrast Dark purple/blue (Velvet) (Permanent)
- Seeds of Love frosted peach (Frost)
- Petal Worship Light, blue-based pink (Frost)
P.S. – Dior 5-Colour Designer Eye Palette are also now available on Nordstrom, plus $5 shipping for beauty purchases of $50 or more!
What sunscreen do you use? What’s the SPF?
I use a ton of different ones! Right now, I’m using a tinted moisturizer that has SPF 30 in it, so that gets me through most of my sunny day.
Purple Rite Lipstick
MAC Style Warrior Lip Swatches!
Here’s a little run down about how they apply/opacity on the shades first…
- Purple Rite is semi-sheer, provides decent color to lips. Frosty finish.
- Sunsational is a sheer, shimmery peachy-gold. It’s not designed to give you a lot of color.
- Tribalist is a creamy, opaque color. Very deep and better to apply via a lip brush (I did not, as I do these as fast as humanly possible).
- Brave New Bronze is a creamy, opaque color. Will probably lean peach or pink, depending on your skin tones, but it is more peach than pink.
- Liberated is sheer, gold shimmer.
- Fierce & Fabulous is semi-sheer, providing lips with noticeable color.
- Gold Rebel is sheer, peachy-gold shimmer. Like Liberated, but more peach/orange.
- Style Warrior is a semi-sheer, providing lips with noticeable color/darkening. Try it over Tribalist or any red lipstick to see a cool effect. Really — it’s more wearable than you think.
Now, onto the lip swatches! Continue reading →
To celebrate the launch of Lancome’s newest Magnifique commercial featuring Anne Hathaway, Lancome is giving one lucky Temptalia reader Magnifique Eau de Toilette!
The fragrance that celebrates her vibrant femininity, now in a fresh Eau de Toilette rendition. A light version of the eau de parfum that emphasizes the spicy top note of saffron, floral heart of rose and the smoky embrace of exotic nagarmotâ wood. Audacious. Passionate. Utterly Magnifique.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us why you want to win. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
All entries must be submitted by May 17th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to U.S. residents.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!). Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Congratulations to our Winner! They have been notified via e-mail, and we have already received their confirmation. Thanks so much to all that entered!