Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
HauteLook is having a Hourglass Cosmetics sale!
The sale is going on now at HauteLook! Products are usually around 50% off, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. I’ve only tried a few Hourglass products before, so I might see what I can pick up from the sale.
(The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish! )
Tutorial: Colorful Green Eyes
Here’s a tutorial for this look! This is actually a pretty simple and straight-forward look. You’re really only using four colors, including highlighter!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral base), Make Up For Ever #171 Eyeshadow (shimmery chartreuse), Make Up For Ever #91 Eyeshadow (matte bright medium green), Make Up For Ever #53 Eyeshadow (shimmery forest green), Make Up For Ever #101 Eyeshadow (sheer, yellow-gold shimmer), Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 12L (deep teal-green), Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #5 Blush (matte coral-orange), Make Up For Ever #153 Blush (shimmery peachy-gold)
- Lips: YSL Peach Passion Rouge Volupte Lipstick (peachy-coral), MAC Liberated lipglass (pale gold-yellow)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (highlighting brush)
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply MAC Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack #171 eyeshadow on using the 239. On the outer lid and crease, apply #91 eyeshadow with the 226. Increase intensity by packing on more of #75 eyeshadow with the 239. Darken crease with #53 eyeshadow using the 219, and then blend out with the 226. Sweep #101 eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight with the 217. Smudge lower lash line with #171 eyeshadow with the 214 brush, pressing into lower lashes. Finish with 12L Aqua Eyes on on the lower lash line using the 208. Apply Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with #5 Blush using the 129, then highlight with #153 with the 165. Apply YSL Peach Passion Rouge Volupte lipstick to lips, and then top with MAC Liberated lipglass for color and shine.
Now, get the dish on how-to do this look! Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Crazy Haute Lipglass!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Crazy Haute Lipglass, from the limited edition MAC Colour Craft Collection. Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us your best beauty tip.
All entries must be submitted by July 13th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!). Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Update: Winner has been selected, notified, and confirmed! Thanks for participating!
Are you making a MAC Colour Craft haul? Lots to buy? Lots to skip? Share your lists!
Lots to buy!
Bobbi Brown Metallic Long-Wear Cream Eyeshadows for Fall 2009
Metallic Long-Wear Cream Eyeshadow
- Chrome Patina
- Starry Purple
- Brown Metal
- Antique Gold
- Starry Night
- Black Pearl
Availability: September 2009.
Bobbi Brown Ivy League Collection for Fall 2009
Creamy Eye Pencil
- Brown Plum
- Coral Pink
- Raisin Berry
- Dusty Nude
- Wild Rose
Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
- Golden Leaf Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow
- Bash Metallic Eye Shadow
Availability: August 2009.
See more photos… Continue reading →