Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
The Spring Season: January Lipstick Round-up
Which of these were your favorites?
- Benefit Lady’s Choice Lipstick
- Smashbox Charming Lipstick
- Guerlain Beige Mousseline Lipstick
- MAC Freckletone Lipstick
- Maybelline Caramel Kiss Lipstick
- Julie Hewett Simone Lipstick
- Cle de Peau #103 Extra Silky Lipstick
- Guerlain Barbara Rouge G Le Brilliant Lipstick
- Benefit Jing-a-ling Lipstick
- Guerlain Gentiane Rouge G Lipstick
- Lancome Love It! Lipstick
- MAC Hue Lipstick
- Urban Decay Rush Lipstick
- Lancome Voile de Rose Lipstick
- Benefit Candy Store Lipstick
- Chanel Exquise Lipstick
- Chanel Ming Rouge Allure Laque
- Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Lipstick
- Guerlain Gemma Lipstick
- Guerlain Corail Passion Lipstick
- Chanel Santal Rouge Allure Laque
NORDSTROM HAS BUY 2 MAC EYESHADOWS, GET 1 FREE MAC SHROOM EYESHADOW. No, seriously. Today only, online and in-store. ARE YOU SERIOUS? I’ve never seen ANYTHING like this. I admit, though, at first I thought it was you got any of them free… but hey, Shroom, it’s a good highlighter.
The Spring Season: Urban Decay Naked Lipstick
Urban Decay Naked Lipstick ($22.00) is a beautiful soft rosy pink with a very subtle golden shimmer and glossy sheen. I fell in love with Naked when it debuted last year–it’s such a pretty pink. It’s wearable by itself, with a smoky eye, or for an everyday look. It’s soft and natural without being boring. It has a creamy feel but doesn’t have a lot of slip.
Urban Decay lipsticks have a sweet caramel brulee kind of scent, but I don’t find it lingers (though I like it myself) once you’ve put it on. The packaging is interesting and fun, though not terribly functional–there’s a dagger that comes out on one end and then a flat top (but that’s the place with the label!) on the other end. It’s cute, but I just wish it was more functional. But for a color as pretty as Naked, I can make an exception!
Is this the right pink lipstick for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.
What’s your favorite facial feature to highlight? What’s your favorite way to do so?
My eyes… gold-hued shadows!
Thanks to Kpenn for this question!
MAC Riveting Collection
U.S. Launch Date: February 18th, 2010
International Launch Date: March 2010
Glossy images of leggy, Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall -of-Fame uber-models are as riveting, ravishing – and relevant – as ever. Hot shots of super-babes and rock chicks, edgy but never grungy, the lion’s mane of hair, the spectacular cheek bones, the luscious lashes, and a certain fearlessness when it comes to conquering with colour – Riveting is a rock-steady metal collection that pays homage to the Jerry Halls and Pat Clevelands of the world, their strength and their power! Part of a sexy ’80s fashion moment, these girls are modern versions of the real thing: Rock Goddesses never afraid to strut their stuff and step up to the spotlight. A fashion trend, true, but oh-so-much more is what makes these girls Riveting.
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Bubbles Sheer pale white pink ice (Glaze) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Metal Maven Pale frosted silver (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Riveting Mid-tone dirty mauve taupe (Glaze) (Limited Edition)
- Show Orchid Vivid hot pink (Amplified) (PRO)
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Rock Out Light icy silver with pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- True Babe Creamy mid-tone bright blue pink (Cream) (Limited Edition)
Penultimate Eyeliner ($16.50 U.S. / $20.00 CDN)
- Rapidblack True black (Repromote)
Blush ($18.50 U.S. / $22.00 CDN)
- Dirty Plum Deep Plum (PRO)
- Full Fuchsia Very bright iridescent fuchsia (PRO)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S. / $14.50 CDN)
- Black Enough? Matte black (Matte) (Limited Edition)
- Studded Matte true silver with pearl (Matte) (Limited Edition)
- Wham, Bam, Glam Matte cool dark taupe (Matte) (Limited Edition)
Brush ($34.00 U.S. / $41.00 CDN)
- 188 Small duo fibre face (Permanent)
Lashes ($13.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN)
- #48 Lashes (Permanent at Freestanding)
The Spring Season is not even close to being done yet, but I thought it might be nice to recap from what we’ve looked at so far!
Spring Season: Glosses
- Chanel Pinup Glossimer
- Cle de Peau #2 Gloss
- Dolce & Gabbana Sunset Lipgloss
- Korres #25 Natural Purple Lipgloss
- Le Metier de Beaute Apricot Creme Gloss
- MAC Nymphette Lipglass
- NARS Orgasm Lipgloss