MAC Fabulous Felines: Look Breakdowns and Q&A
You can keep her, but you’ll never own her.
From the royal halls of ancient Egypt to the wilds of the jungle, the noble cat has always been associated with the exotic, mysterious, beauty, elegance, and most of all, the feminine.
M·A·C has a seductive new take on the feline mystique. M·A·C FABULOUS FELINES. The most alluring, preening, fawned-over facets of the feline are magnified and accentuated in three new collections inspired by the colours and textures of the world’s most prized pedigrees, perfectly mirroring the rich shades and slinky sophisticated looks we saw on the Fall 2010 runways.
There’s the pampered creature of luxury, the chocolate-hued Burmese, the wild and sleek ginger Ocicat, and the plush and privileged sable Russian Blue. It’s everything compelling we loved on the catwalk…chic, couture-inspired and cunningly compulsory!
Check out collection Q&A with James Gager and Jennifer Balbier, as well as how-tos for each look!
Each jar packs a lot of product, too — so many brands do loose powders/pigments, but they’re usually less than 0.10 oz. (more like 0.05 oz.!), and Becca stampedes in with a hefty 0.15 oz. Like many loose colors, a little goes a long way, so it doesn’t take much to get that effortless glow. I didn’t see this product on Becca’s website at the moment (I bought mine during a HauteLook sale), but it’s readily available at other e-tailers like Dermstore and Glow.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
RECOMMENDATION: For a beautiful, all-over glow that’s never frosty or shimmery but just that lit-from-within kind of look, Hyawatha does an excellent job.
If you were using NARS Douceur Blush?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
Makeup Tutorial: MAC In the Groove Purple Look
Here’s the tutorial on how to achieve this bold look!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Togetherness Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (lilac), MAC Fresh & Easy Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (pink), MAC Togetherness Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (gray), MAC Togetherness Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (violet), MAC Brule Eyeshadow (highlighter), Make Up For Ever #11L Aqua Eyes (violet), MAC Haute & Naughty Lash (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Band of Roses Mineralize Blush Duo (raspberry), MAC By Candlelight Mineralize Skinfinish (pinky highlighter)
- Lips: MAC I Like It Like That Lipstick (pinky lilac), MAC On the Scene Cremesheen Glass (sheer peach)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Togetherness = Digit (lilac), Print (gray), Violet pigment (violet); Fresh & Easy = Pink Freeze (pink); Band of Roses = Dollymix; By Candlelight = Dior Rose Diamond; I Like It Like That = Snob; On the Scene = Big Baby