Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Philosophy “Supernatural Saturdays” Makeup School at Nordstrom Stores in Santa Ana, Chicago, and Arlington
To kick off and celebrate Philosophy’s Makeover Events, Philosophy has teamed up with Temptalia to giveaway some Supernatural goodies! Three (3) winners will receive three products from the Supernatural range with a value of $64:
- philosophy lit from within cream blush in bare your soul
- philosophy you make me blush mineral blush duo in hugs/kisses
- philosophy superglossy lipgloss spf 15 in reflect a little
Submit your entry by… leaving a comment telling me about your favorite makeover you’ve ever had (professional or not!).
All entries must be submitted by October 5th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to U.S. readers only as pursuant to your local state’s laws. Winners will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win…
For a total of three chances! Just remember you must leave a comment on this post to get entered initially. Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
2. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
3. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Philosophy Hosts Series of Makeover Events To Help Mothers & Daughters Look their Most Beautiful this Fall
WHAT: Whether you’re 15 or 50, the key to looking your best is having flawless skin. philosophy is hosting “supernatural saturdays,” a series of special events for mothers and daughters to receive personalized makeup consultations and applications, as well as teen-tested and mom-approved tips for applying makeup the right way and accentuating your best features. John Trau, philosophy’s expert makeup artist, will be on-hand to offer tips on how to introduce teens to makeup and play up their natural beauty – without looking too made up.
Anyone who receives a makeup application will be able to create their own supernatural video in a customized supernatural video booth and email it to five of their closest friends or family members. In addition, receive a FREE 4oz award winning Purity Made Simple cleanser with the purchase of any two supernatural philosophy products, and a FREE “be supernatural” philosophy cosmetic bag with any $100 philosophy purchase.
AND – if you can’t make it to one of the three supernatural Saturday events, visit your local Nordstrom counter to enter for a chance to win a private supernatural makeup party with five friends at the Nordstrom store in your neighborhood, which includes a private skincare and makeup consultation, personalized makeup tips and custom makeup applications for the group. Consumers can enter from October 1st – 17th, and four winners from each of Nordstrom’s 112 stores will be chosen on October 31st, the final Saturday of the month.
WHEN: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3rd (Santa Ana, CA), SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10th (Chicago, IL), SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17th (Arlington, VA), all from 11AM – 6PM
WHERE: Nordstrom-Santa Ana; Nordstrom-Michigan Avenue; Nordstrom-Pentagon City
HOW: For more information, visit Philosophy.
Chanel Imperial Rouge Allure Laque
Chanel Imperial Rouge Allure Laque ($32.00) is the second up in our seven days of Chanel Rouge Allure Laque feature.
Imperial is a slightly warmed-up, muted red-coral. It’s not quite the coral that comes to mind when I think “coral,” but it’s certainly not the “deep rose” that Chanel describes it as. I always find the descriptor “rose” to mean something pinky, but this has more red in it. It’s like a wearable version of a red with a touch of coral. I suppose if we think of red roses, maybe this is “deep rose.” I would say this is one of the harder shades to describe, because it’s beautiful, but I can’t find the words to aptly describe it! The shade has a dusting of slightly rosy-gold shimmer and the same glossy sheen as others in the line-up. It applies evenly without a fuss and goes on full-color right away.
Since I don’t want to just re-write what I say about the formula (since it is the same–if there are any variations, you can be sure I’ll call them out), here’s a quick bullet-point summary.
- Satiny, creamy lip color that hydrates
- Opaque color in one layer–very pigmented
- Lasts for hours and even through eating/drinking
- Glossy sheen
- Looks like a lipstick AND a gloss
- Easy to travel with
- Sleek packaging
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 5/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: For a more muted, but still opaque lip look, consider Imperial. Not too warm or cool, it can easily be worked into your lip wardrobe.
See more swatches… Continue reading →
Stila Holiday 2009 Collection
Stila has some lovely value sets out for this holiday season…
Kitten Set ($18.00) (Sephora Exclusive)
Get a double dose of the award-winning shimmering pink champagne shade in this stunning set featuring Eye Shadow and Lip Glaze in Kitten. The best-selling Eye Shadow shade is now available in Stila’s legendary high-shine Lip Glaze formula—so now you can have a complete Kitten look that will have you smitten! The moisture-rich gloss contains ultra-fine pearl shimmer that provides amazing shine. It’s also enriched with Vitamins A, C and E for additional skincare benefits. And the Kitten Eye Shadow—Stila’s original, award-winning formula that can be worn wet or dry—stays on all day without creasing or smudging.
Mini Lip Glaze Collection ($25.00)
Back and bigger than ever, Stila’s ultra-popular mini Lip Glaze collection features EIGHT shades—four bestsellers and four brand new. Find the flavor to match your every look and mood in this must-have set that delivers lips with unprecedented high-wattage color and shine.
- Starfruit Neutral pink with subtle white pearl
- Kitten Caramel with golden pearl
- Cranberry Deep red
- Blackberry Deep warm red brown
- Marmalade Sheer peach with pink and white pearl
- Pinkle Twinkle Sheer pink with pink and multicolor sparkle
- Plum Fairy Sheer plum with pink pearl
- Candy Sheer pinky coral with subtle rainbow sparkle
24kt Luxe Lip Gloss Collection ($30.00) (Anthropologie Exclusive)
Give the gift of gold. This collection will make lips glisten with four shades of 24kt Luxe Lip Gloss: Radiant Sunset, Precious Coral, Golden Charm and Vintage Merlot infused with genuine 24kt gold leaf. This non-sticky formula is loaded with moisture-locking
ingredients including Vitamin E to nourish and condition and Vitamins A & C to provide anti-oxidant protection. You will be sure to make a statement with this luxurious gift of gold and gloss.
Smudge Pot Set ($32.00)
Introducing vibrant new twinkling shades of the classic long lasting, waterproof Smudge Pot formula that will outlast even the most packed social schedule or winter snowstorm. Featuring NEW Violet with shimmer, NEW Starry Night, Black and Kitten shades, and complete with a mini brush, these versatile multi-taskers are beloved by makeup artists and makeup mavens alike. Each can be used for lining the eyes for the perfect cat eye or smudging on the lids to create a smoldering smoky eye.
Availability: StilaCosmetics.com, Sephora.com, Anthropologie
See more photos… Continue reading →
What shampoo/conditioner do you use on your hair? Share!
I’m currently using Living Proof’s Shampoo/Conditioner!
MAC Cosmetics Baroque Boudoir Collection
U.S. Launch Date: November 25th, 2009
Availability: MAC Stores, Saks, Select Nordstroms
Baroque Boudoir Lipstick ($22.00 U.S. / $26.00 CDN)
- Baroque Boudoir Creamy dark plum
- Prive Creamy light blue pink
- Treasured Creamy warm nude beige
Baroque Boudoir Lipgloss ($22.00 U.S. / $26.00 CDN)
- The Lap of Luxury Sheer baby pink with white and pink pearlized pigments
- Preciousness Sheer metallic pink with white pearlized pigments
- d’Nouveau Sheer dusty rose with light pink pearlized pigments
See what else is coming and a sneak peek photo… Continue reading →
MAC Holiday 2009 Kits/Sets
U.S. Launch Date: October 15th, 2009
Love’s Divine Lash Kit ($48.00 U.S. / $57.50 CDN) (Nordstrom/The Bay only)
Barrel silhouette cosmetic bag in metallic gunmetal fabric with dark grey trim and a charm zipper pull. Nordstrom and the Bay only.
- #7 Lashes
- Rapidblack Penultimate Liner
- Reflects Transparent Teal (Glitter)
- Zoomblack Zoomlash (Promo Size)
Mineralize Kit ($59.50 U.S. / $71.50 CDN) (MAC Stores only)
- Light Flush Soft pastel pink with deep bronze veining (Mineralize Skinfinish) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Dainty Yellow pink with gold pearl (Mineralize Blush) (Permanent)
- Love Connection Pale beige with gold and blue veining/Warm gold mono (Mineralize Eyeshadow) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- 181SE Brush
Fun In the Sun
- Shimpagne Beige shimmer with golden/copper sparkle (Mineralize Skinfinish) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Nuance Mid-tone peach with gold pearl (Mineralize Blush) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Play on Plums Peachy gold with pink and bronze veining/Bronzed burgundy mono (Mineralize Eyeshadow) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- 181SE Brush
See more kits… Continue reading →