Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Estee Lauder Blacker Than Black Collection for Winter 2009
A Luxurious Collection of Rich, Intensely Saturated Black Mascaras and Sultry, Smoky Accents for Big, Bold, Dramatically Alluring Eyes.
Now beautifully bold, dramatic eyes are just a wave of the wand away. Don’t be shy, make your eyes the center of attention with Estée Lauder’s new Blacker Than Black eye collection. This unique collection features six of Estée Lauder’s most popular mascara formulas each in a richer, more concentrated, more dramatic black shade for eyes that appear bigger, bolder, more dramatic!
Because the mascara is so concentrated, it creates a contrast that defines and frames the eyes for a look that is at once highly sophisticated and utterly alluring. And, whether your look calls for lashes that are lengthened, defined, volumized, lifted, curled or a combination, you can achieve the look you want as each of these luxurious mascaras offer the same unique benefits as their original formulas, but now with the deepest, intense jet black effect.
- Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara in Blacker Black ($19.50) (Limited Edition)
- Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara in Bold Black ($19.50) (Limited Edition)
- Projectionist in Jet Black ($19.50) (Limited Edition)
- TurboLash in Turbo Black ($32.00) (Limited Edition)
- More than Mascara in More Black ($19.50)
- Magnascopic in Black ($21.00)
- Black Smoke Signature Eyeshadow Quad ($35.00)
- Onyx Double Wear Eye Pencil ($19.00)
Availability: December 2009
This Week’s Topic: BODY SCRUBS!
Your Mission: Tell us what you love, hate, or are otherwise indifferent to about body scrubs and all that those entail.
Temptalia Gives Away $200+ in MAC Cosmetics!
The theme of this prize package is MAC’s mineralize line. The total value of the prize is $202.00.
Winner will receive:
- MAC Cheek & Cheerful Blush
- MAC Dark MSFN
- MAC Assemblage Eyeshadow
- MAC Eccentricity Eyeshadow
- MAC Interview Eyeshadow
- MAC Natural Flare Eyeshadow
- MAC Odd Bits Eyeshadow
- MAC Persuasive Eyeshadow
- MAC Sea & Sky Eyeshadow
- MAC Word of Mouth Eyeshadow
RULES: All entries must be submitted by December 9th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
How to Win: Two Ways
You can enter either way or both ways (for two chances to win). If commenting to win, please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
1. Comment to win: leave a comment on this blog post telling me what your favorite MAC mineralize product is.
2. Follow us on Twitter and re-tweet the following: RT @temptalia RT and follow @temptalia to win $200+ in MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Shadow&Blush! Rules: http://tinyurl.com/macminset
Winner: Alexis B., Twitter user @BrittanyAlexisB
Cyber Monday 2009: Beauty & Makeup Deals
With Black Friday becoming a bigger and more intense sales day–both online and in-store–it’s hard to keep up with all the deals. It looks like a lot of brands are waiting ’til Cyber Monday (the Monday immediately following Black Friday–the 30th), though! I’ll continue to update this post and move it up come Cyber Monday as well. If you’ve spotted any great upcoming deals for Cyber Monday, let us know in the comments!
- Bath & Body Works: Get 25% Off Your Entire Online Order Until 12.01.09! Enter Promo Code: CYBERMONDAY
- Bliss: Get a full size super slough scrub (a $32 value) with every purchase at blissworld.com! Offer valid 11.30.09 only!
- Bobbi Brown: 20% off all orders 11/30 to 12/2. Proceeds support Bobbi Brown’s $10,000 donation to Dress for Success as well.
- Korres: Spend $35 or more and get a free Triple Treats Showergel Trio ($18 Value) Code TREATS. Spend $50 or more and get a free Jumbo Guava Body Butter ($ 29.50 Value) Code GUAVA. Spend $75+ or more and a free Wild Rose Regimen Kit ($39.50 Value) Code ROSE. $5 off all Regimen Kits, 30% off Materia Herba line, buy 1 get 1 shower gels/body milks & shampoo/conditioner.
- L’Occitane: Shea Fantastique $39.96 ($86 value), free shipping on orders of $25 or more.
- Lab Series: 25% off your entire order and free standard shipping with every purchase. 11/30 to 12/4.
- Macy’s: Free Shipping with $75 purchase at Macy’s.com. Promo code: CYBER. Valid 11/29 to 11/30.
- Origins: Get $10 off any order of $25 or more at Origins.com. Enter code TenOff09. Valid 11/30
- Philosophy: Spend $75 and get a free gift valued at over $100! Free shipping with no minimum purchase required! There is no promo code required for this, it will be automatically applied to each order.
- Shu Uemura: 7 deluxe samples on orders of $125 or more, plus free shipping and 20% off for those orders. Deluxe samples include mesh bag, mini-gloss, brightening cream, red:juvenus intense vitalizing concentrate, pleasure of Japanese bath — hinoki, cleansing beauty oil premium A/O, depsea water mist in chamomile, powder foundation. Use code WISHDELUXE09. Valid 11/30
- Tarte: 40% off your entire order and get free shipping on $25+ purchases. Code CYBERMON9. Valid 11/30
- The Body Shop: 20% Off All Orders & Choice of Free Product. Valid 11/30
Smashbox Legendary Lipstick
The Scarlet Season: Smashbox Legendary Lipstick
Smashbox Legendary Lipstick ($22.00 for 0.12 oz.) is an ultra glossy blue-based red lipstick. It glides on effortlessly and gives nearly opaque color is just two layers. It has a very glossy look to it, but there is no shimmer to it. It’s one of Smashbox’s Photo Finish Lipsticks, which means they “infused” their Photo Finish Foundation Primer into it. All in all, it’s supposed to make it feel silkier, smoother, and increase wear-time. I found it definitely felt very smooth and soft on my lips, and it certainly wore well throughout the afternoon I tested it (about five hours). It’s not the longest-lasting lipstick I’ve worn, but it’s very comfortable, which is a huge plus.
Edit: Fixed the photos!
What about you? Would you wear this red?
The Scarlet Season is a series of posts showcasing and featuring my favorite shades of red lips–from glosses to lipsticks that runs through December 2009. You can sure expect to see a lot of red this holiday season!
Welcome our New Layout for 2010!
(This was posted last week, prior to Thanksgiving, but we’ve bumped it up for regular readers returning from the holidays.)
Long-time readers will know that we change-up our layout on a yearly basis, and this year is no different! (Well, a little different–we’re a smidgen early!) We took a lot of your feedback into consideration and tried to implement certain design elements and features that would best answer your needs!
We do have some additional tweaking of certain features and areas of the site, but it should be functioning fairly normally — so if you encounter any bugs (like, “OMG, where’d the page go? The sidebar is missing!”), please, please let us know! There’s one major feature that we’re still working on that’s not quite ready for launch and that’s an advanced search function. Bear with us
Definitely let us know what you think of the new site, but let me walk you through some of the major changes… Continue reading →