Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
MAC Cosmetics Naked Honey Collection
Bees do it… now MAC does it! Honey that is! As ancient and exotic as Kohl, great beauties have long revered the natural restorative powers of the Golden Elixir.
Following the example of their fabled Queen, Cleopatra, Egyptians bathed in honey and milk. Queen Anne of England used it to silken her hair; from the Ancient Greeks to the Roman Empire, honey has never lost its regal, ever-amber lustre. We love the luxury of its sensual essence…but we also know that it’s a highly efficient and wholesome humectant and healer. Introducing our limited edition Naked Honey collection – three aspects of golden warmth and sun-made sweetness for the body, layered with two decidedly different honeycomb-derived fragrances – celebrating the secret lives of Queen Bees. Complementary shades of High-Light Powder, Eye Shadow and Lipglass are all the buzz for summer.
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- She’s a Star Light neutral gold
- Queen Bee Mid-tone apricot with multi-dimensional pearl
- Buzz Dark copper brown with multi-dimensional pearl
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S. / $17.00 CDN)
- Crème de Miel Frosty light yellow gold
- Pollinator Mid-tone warm reddened peach with pearl
- Buckwheat Dark copper brown with multi-dimensional pearl
High-Light Powder ($24.50 U.S. / $29.50 CDN)
A high-light powder specially created for the Naked Honey collection. It features an embossed honeycomb pattern — super-fine, impeccably pearlized. It creates soft high lights on cheek, brow, shoulders — anywhere on the body.
- Honey Light A light peachy gold with shimmer
- Golden Nectar Muted golden tan with gold shimmer
Naked Honey Skin Salve ($18.50 U.S. / $22.50 CDN)
Formulated from honey, organic beeswax, sunflower oil, and other natural ingredients, this rich honey-scented and flavoured salve instantly moisturizers and helps recondition dry skin. Multi-purpose. Use everywhere.
Naked Honey Hand and Body Cream ($22.50 U.S. / $27.00 CDN)
A sensuous cream made form bio-converted honey, shea butter, and vitamins C and E derivatives. Absorbs quickly for skin-softening moisture. Conditions, nourishes, protects. Use on all areas where ultra-moisture is called for.
Naked Honey Body Wash ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
Formulated from bio-converted honey, this body wash cleanses the skin while providing the soothing and moisturizing benefits of lavender, narcissus, jasmine flower, and blue agave extracts. Provides a sensual, calming, cleansing experience.
Creations: Naked Honey ($22.50 U.S. / $28.50 CDN)
An aromatic journey that traces honey’s fragrant heart back to summer’s sweetest blooms. Energy starts to buzz, spirits soar, light floral and woodsy notes float toward an electric finale. Sweet and sexy all the way.
Creations: Africanimal ($22.50 U.S. / $28.50 CDN)
A scent that starts with a honey-ness that’s seductive and given its dash of pepper, not without spice. Add a dark kiss of bergamot and wood, an aromatic orgy breaks out to create a scent that’s all honey but far from sweet.
Available: June 11th, 2009 in North America. July 2009 international.
See high res images! Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Style Warrior Collection
Emerging from every corner of the glamorous globe, a new Style Warrior. Made to celebrate the cross-cultural sophistication of the modern Amazon Princess, African Queen, Crouching Tigress…
Never before have we seen the “Wild Things” of the world come together in quite so many bold new combinations. Introducing a dramatically different and deliberately diverse colour story, an eclectic and expressive way to exalt and admire the strength and solidarity of beauty with no barriers. A selection of all-over summer bronzing shades for Lips, Cheeks, Eyes, Nails, featuring the innovation of Impassioned, Bronzescape and Scatterrays Solar Bits – sunbursts to unleash the animal in every woman. All exotically packaged in stylized zebra and leopard prints to keep it wild and free – the way it always ought to be.
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Sunsational Sheer frosted beige gold
- Brave New Bronze Creamy mid-tone pink nude
- Purple Rite Mid-tone frosty orchid
- Tribalist Creamy blackened berry
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Liberated Sheer yellow gold with pearl
- Gold Rebel Sheer copper bronze with pearl
- Fierce & Fabulous Bright magenta purple with pearl
- Style Warrior Blackened bronze brown with pearl
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S. / $17.00 CDN)
- Soft Force Frosty pale white gold
- Bright Future Frosty bright yellow gold
- Tempting Sinfully rich coco
- Vibrant Grape Bright magenta purple
- Night Manoeuvres Deep charcoal brown with pearl
Eye Kohl ($14.50 U.S. / $17.00 CDN)
Pro Lash Mascara ($12.00 U.S. / $14.00 CDN)
- Coal Black Honest-to-goodness black
Beauty Powder Blush ($18.00 U.S. / $22.00 CDN)
- Eversun Neutral peach bronze with gold pearl
- On A Mission Pearly mid-tone plum
Solar Bits ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Scatterrays Soft metallic peach with gold pearl
- Bronzescape Clean yellow brown with gold pearl
- Impassioned Frosty cool taupe
Nail Lacquer ($11.00 U.S. / $13.00 CDN)
- Peaceable Pearly pale golden beige
- Violet Fire Bright creamy magenta purple
- Mercenary Frosted blackened bronze
Brush ($23.00 U.S. / $27.50 CDN)
- 242 Firm Fibre Brush with rounded edge for smooth, even application of powder, emollient and concealer products
Available: May 20th, 2009 in North America. June 2009 internationally. (Yes, the release date has been changed–officially!)
See high res images! Continue reading →
5 Ways to Feel Beautiful for Less
Only a Woman’s World is all about making better choices and feeling good about yourself. Sometimes with all of the beauty products available, I forget there are simpler ways that I can do every day to make myself feel beautiful inside and out. These are just five of my favorites!
Drink more water. If you’re not drinking at least eight glasses of water a day, you’re not drinking enough to keep your body well hydrated. Drinking your daily dose of water keeps skin looking its best: supple, soft, and glowing.
Exfoliate regularly. Skin can look dull and tired when not all of your dead skin cells slough off, which is why regular exfoliation is key. You can use anything from a mild facial scrub to an at-home remedy. You can use products such as an aspirin mask (crushed aspirin mixed with a bit of water and honey) or just baking soda with a little bit of water to make a paste. All items you likely have at home, so you won’t have to spend big bucks to get great looking results.
Get three more tips! Continue reading →
Challenge: Warrior Women
We want to see YOU transform into a “Warrior Woman!” Challenge yourself by recreating or creating your own straight-from-scratch look that fits the theme “Warrior Women.” Submit your entry (or entries!) by May 24th to be included in this makeup challenge. Please submit all entries to [email protected]!
- You do NOT have to use MAC products. You can use any and all makeup, brands, products, etc. that you wish to achieve your look.
- Minimum of one photo required (either close-up or full-face); maximum of five photos will be used (but feel free to send more over if you want us to pick and choose)
- Photos must be a minimum of 500px wide and should reflect color accuracy and little to no blurriness
- Include a text description of the products used to achieve the look
- Find a simple background, like a solid color wall
- Take more photos rather than less — you can always delete the ones that didn’t work
- Macro mode for close-up photography is key
- Try layering a tissue over your flash if photos are overexposed
- Stand near a window for softer, more flattering light
- Use a tripod to keep photos sharp if your camera has shutterlag
I’m really eager to see your entries! So start getting fierce and send those babies in :) Check out these face charts for inspiration or pick one to recreate! Continue reading →
Benefit Posietint ($28.00) is a lip and cheek stain in a cool, bright pop of pink. The bottle feels very small, but this is a product where less is most definitely more! You need very little — just a little dot on each cheek, then blend either with fingers or a stippling brush (I love the 188 for all cream/liquid products). I do recommend applying cheek at a time, because you need to work fairly fast. If you’re new to liquid/cream cheek products, I implore you to start off slowly so you don’t end up with any splotchiness!
The color of Posietint does run a bit cool, but I still think it’s quite wearable for all skin tones, as I liked the soft, natural pinking it gave my cheeks. It was just perfect for that barely-there-flush to match with barely-there makeup. The color of the box (pictured above) is very much the color of the product itself (but you can compare with the swatch, too). With summer nearing, I start reaching for creamy blushes, because I use them as a base. I layer a cream blush on my cheeks after foundation, then apply a powder blush or powder highlight to set the cream blush. I set my whole face by applying translucent loose powder, and I find my makeup gets me through even the hottest days.
One great thing about Posietint is that you can build up the intensity of the stain, either on lips or on cheeks. Just keep layering and blending it onto cheeks (or lips!) to increase the color until you get to the level you desire. I’d say I like it more on cheeks than lips, but on lips it helps add more “natural” pink to my otherwise kind of muted-mauve-dead lips.
Oily skinned folks — this is less likely to slide around if you set it
Ladies on the go; super easy to apply
Work-safe looks, because it just gives you enhanced natural cheek color
Summerproof makeup — stays on longer than powder blushes, less likely to budge/smear
Have you tried Benefit’s Posietint? What did you think?
See it on! Continue reading →
Everything You Wanted to Know About MAC Cosmetics
Our Guide for the Newly Addicted has just about everything you wanted to know about all that is MAC. From the history of the brand to terminology and product basics, you’ll find it in this ten-part series.
Our MAC Must-Haves series features twenty-four posts of must-have goodness, and it is currently still a series-in-progress–which means we are still adding to it. Stay tuned!
Must-Haves: MAC Brushes
Must-Haves: MAC Eyeshadows
Must-Haves: MAC Glosses
Must-Haves: MAC Lipsticks
Must-Haves: MAC Face Products
These are particular posts where we have attempted to gather swatches for a great number of shadows, not from specific collections, but more comprehensive in terms of products available or were available from the brand.
Swatches From 2009
- Blush Swatches (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Paper), Part 1 (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Paper), Part 2 (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Beiges/Tans (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Blues (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Browns (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Grays/Blacks/Silver (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Greens (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Greens, Part 2 (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Highlighters (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Pinks (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Purples (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Teals (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Yellows (2009)
- Lipglass/Lustreglass/Plushglass Swatches (2009)
- Lipstick Swatches (Skin) (2009)
- Lipstick Swatches (Paper), Part 1 (2009)
- Lipstick Swatches (Paper), Part 2 (2009)
- Paint Pot Swatches (2009)
Swatches From 2007 (Oldies, but goodies — promise!)
These are particular posts where we have attempted to gather photos for a great number of shadows, not from specific collections, but more comprehensive in terms of products available or were available from the brand.
Product Photos From 2009
Product Photos From 2007
Again, oldies, but goodies — promise! I bet the majority of you never even knew these posts existed, because they were up when we only had a few readers! I really do urge you to check these posts out, because they contain hundreds of product photos of both limited edition and permanent products.
- Blush Product Photos (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Reds, Pinks (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Golds, Oranges, Yellows (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Blues, Teals, Part 1 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Blues, Teals, Part 2 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Greens (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Purples, Part 1 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Purples, Part 2 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Browns, Part 1 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Browns, Part 2 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Neutrals (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Grays/Blacks (2007)
- Lipglass Product Photos (2007)
- Lipstick Product Photos (2007)
- Mineralize Skinfinishes (2007)
- Pigment Product Photos – Part 1 (2007)
- Pigment Product Photos – Part 2 (2007)