Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Make Up For Ever #26 Eyeshadow
Five more purples!
- #26 is a bright fuchsia pink with a matte finish. It’s extremely pigmented, and it feels smooth to the touch.
- #52 is a softly shimmered fuchsia-mauve shade of pink. It has slight silver sheen/iridescence, and it is fairly pigmented, particularly for an iridescent.
- #151 is a shimmery, light whitish-lilac color. It is probably one of the more frosty-finished shadows I’ve played with from the brand (an observation–not a negative or a positive!).
- #39 is a matte plummy wine shade. It feels a bit cool-toned and a little more on the purple side than similarly colored #131.
- #131 is a reddish-plum shade, and it has just a touch of shimmer in it (nearly nil). Compared to #39, it’s redder, and it doesn’t feel as cool-toned.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Urban Decay: Oil Slick, Naked, Confession Lipsticks
New for fall from Urban Decay are three new shades of lipstick ($22.00 each). All three have a satiny, slightly glossy finish, and they feel very moisturizing on the lips. They smell sweetly scented — I think I detected a bit of caramel-ness to it, too. Ever since Urban Decay launched their lipstick line, I’ve always been a huge admirer of the creative packaging. I still love it, but it has to be some of the more impractical packaging I’ve come across, just because the label is on the “top” but the daggers are out of the bottom (which don’t stand very nicely). But I really do love it anyway. It’s just so beautiful to look at.
Both Oil Slick and Confession should be worn with a lip liner (clear or otherwise), or you could wear this with Urban Decay’s new Lip Primer Potion ($20.00). I haven’t yet tried it, but I’m planning to see how the two work together later on (and will definitely post some comparisons for you all, too). These two shades tend to settle into natural lip lines and may bleed, too, without the proper base!
- Oil Slick is a sheer, glossy black with small, silver sparkles. It’s extremely wearable–not necessarily on its own–when you layer it with other shades. Try topping it with a really rich red or pink!
- Naked is creamy, pinky shade with a little bit of beige to tone it down and gold shimmer to warm it up. Love it. LOVE.
- Confession is a sheer, glossy burgundy-wine shade. It goes on much brighter/lighter than it looks in the tube–so don’t be afraid of the near blackberry color it appears to be. (Actually, the transformation reminded me a bit of how Clinique’s Black Honey is!)
Naked is my new obsession, though. It’s absolutely stunning on lips. It’s totally my-lips-but-better (MLBB) and yet way more complex and interesting than just MLBB. It’s this glossy pinky color with gold shimmer/sparkle. I feel like I’m wearing a lip color that brightens my whole face without anyone really having a clue I’m wearing any. This shade really grabbed me from the get-go, even if it’s not necessarily a unique or eye-catching (hey, it’s no hot pink!).
Anyone else check these out yet?
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →
NARS has launched their Fall Collection online!
Free standard shipping on orders over $50 (no code necessary).
Hauling? Abstaining? Share your comments on NARS’ fall launch!
Temptalia Launches MAC Cosmetics Database (Beta)
These past few weeks have been awfully busy, and I’m so excited to finally be able to share the news! We’ve put together a detailed, fully searchable database of past and present MAC Cosmetics products.
There are several really cool ways you can view products: by collection (1996 to present), by year (1996 to present), by product finish (e.g. matte, satin, etc.), by product type (e.g. lipstick, skincare, etc.), and by status (e.g. permanent, limited edition, discontinued, or PRO). Going forward, one major feature will be that the database will be cross-referenced with the Temptalia Gallery so you can simply click to view a photo (if there is one). Otherwise, the database is ready for your perusal!
As always, this is a beta release, so please be sure to e-mail us (or leave a comment on this post) if you spot any errors. (Including missing products/collections/information.)
Thank you, and please let us know what you think!
P.S. – The boy coded the database, I did the data portion! That’s the “we” — the dynamic duo
If you were using MAC Beautiful Iris Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
Temptalia Gives Away MAC 226 Small Tapered Blending Brush!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC 226 Small Tapered Blending Brush, from the limited edition MAC Colour Craft Collection.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us if Temptalia has ever influenced you purchase something. Tell us what! And if not? It’s cool — tell us about your last beauty purchase instead!
All entries must be submitted by July 22nd, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win…
For a total of FOUR chances! Just remember you must leave a comment on this post to get entered initially. Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
2. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
3. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
4. Join our Forums! (please include your Forum user name OR use the same e-mail address.)
Congratulations R.M.! Thank you for participating!