Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Naked Honey Skin Salve
Sneak Peek: MAC Cosmetics’ Naked Honey Collection
MAC’s Naked Honey Collection is just around the corner, and here’s yet another peek at what’s to come. (We already did a nice sneak peek of Honey Light High-Light Powder, Pollinator & Creme de Miel Eyeshadows, too!) Today, we’re unveiling Buzz lipglass ($14.00), Naked Honey Skin Salve ($18.50), and Golden Nectar High-Light Powder ($24.50).
- Buzz lipglass is a semi-sheer coppery-red-brown with golden shimmer. It gives nice color to lips without being too red or bold.
- Golden Nectar high-light powder is a semi-sheer, silky peachy-tan powder. While it looks awfully shimmery from the get-go, beware that it is merely an overspray. The product beneath the shimmery overspray is still very nice, as it is a smooth, silky powder with very subtle shimmer/sheen. You could almost think of it as more of a bronzer than anything else.
- Naked Honey Skin Salve is a floral-honey scented clear salve/balm. The pot you get is a bit on the small side, though it contains 1.41 oz (or 40 grams). Relative to other salves, like Rosebud ($6 for 0.8 oz. or $12 for just about as much as MAC’s), which is probably one of the cheaper salves that I can think of. Since it is MAC, the price isn’t quite as skewed high as I originally thought. It’s very emollient and sinks into skin quickly without leaving behind any greasiness. I definitely lean towards using this more as a lip balm than anything else, but that’s more of a personal preference. I keep mine on my night stand for a quick balm before bedtime.
See photos and swatches! Continue reading →
Here’s another entry into our Warrior Women Challenge! This time we have a dark, sultry look by Ina. To clarify, there are no winners, no prizes, and no awards in Temptalia Challenges. Challenges are designed to inspire and share creativity. You will see entries for our latest challenge throughout the week!
When talking about warrior woman I think about the woman in old Sparta, they lived in a warrior town and were trained to fight and to teach their children to fight for their city. In city of Sparta woman learned to speak their mind, they had more rights then other woman in Greek. They had to be strong to have healthy and strong children. From all Greek people came to se the beautiful women of Sparta fight. It’s from this culture is took my inspiration!
Get the Look
- Eyes: Suds N Sass Smoked Mauve (used wet), Suds N Sass Blue Velvet, Glamour Doll Disco White, MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, Gosh Black Eye Liner, Shiseido Mascara Base, Maybelline Colossal Mascara
- Face: Everyday Minerals Original Glo Foundation in Soft Butter Peach, MAC NW20 Select Coverup, Guerlain Beige CHic Meteorites, Everyday Minerals All Smiles Blush, Suds N Sass Snow White Eyeshadow
- Lips: MAC Secret Crush See-Thru Lip Colour, MAC Underage Lipglass
See close-ups and a full face photo! Continue reading →
Worst Flat Iron? What product wins this category?
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Gold Rebel Lipglass!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Gold Rebel Lipglass from the limited edition MAC Style Warrior Collection. Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us why you want to win. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
All entries must be submitted by May 28th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!). Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Congratulations to our Winner! They have been notified via e-mail, and we have already received their confirmation. Thanks so much to all that entered!
Improvise Mineralize Blush
eBay Seller Velveeta42 had several items up for sale from MAC’s Colour Craft Collection. I also saw some items with names I didn’t recognize, so I also included those photos, too! Maybe they’ll come to us in the fall?
Continue reading →
Pacifica Lotus Garden Spray Perfume ($22.00 for 1.2 oz.) is a soft scent of citrus-y floral. You can detect a little hint of grapefruit, but overall, it’s a very light, feminine floral scent. Pacifica describes this scent as “[a] meditative and intoxicating blend of sparkling yuzu, lotus blossom, jasmine, olibanum and bright, radiant green notes.”
For me, this is a fragrance that’s great for everyday wear; it’s not strong or particularly noticeable from across the room, but it’s a scent that just works. Even though I do like perfumes and the like, I tend to choose subtler scents on an ongoing basis and save the more potent scents for special occasions. (I think it’s probably because stronger scents tend to cause my allergies to flare up.) I find the scent lingers for a few hours before dissipating a bit. It’s been one of my favorite everyday scents this past spring, and I’ll continue to use it throughout the summer, too.
Pacifica is cruelty-free (they don’t use beeswax either!), are working towards carbon neutrality, and their packaging is recyclable and made with recycled content. Pacifica products do not contain parabens, propylene glycol, phtalates, synthetic dyes, triclosan, or sulfates. Their products are 100% vegan, which is definitely something that can be hard to find for some.
See more product photos! Continue reading →