Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
If you were using NARS Mekong Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
Holiday 2009 Gift Guide: Best Gifts for the Newly Addicted
Whether you’re shopping for a gift to give a younger sister, a darling niece, maturing daughter, or your newly-turned-beauty-addict best friend… these are some of my favorites to give to someone who’s just beginning their journey into the realm of beauty.
These are the types of gifts and products I look out for when I’m giving beauty products to someone who is just starting out:
- Palettes/sets — particularly if they come with explanations or obvious color combinations
- Sheerer lip color, easy to work into any look
- Affordable, products with more bang for your buck
- Color — particularly if I’m giving to someone younger, I always try to give gifts with lots of color, so they can experiment
NARS Love Me Set ($49.00) is a great introduce-yourself-to-NARS set with a blush/highlighting duo featuring Orgasm (yes, the famous shade!) and Albatross, along with Orgasm lipgloss. I also find NARS Cosmetics Palettes make great gifts with their sleek, no frills packaging and the shades included. Just in time for the holidays, NARS launched two to celebrate their 15th anniversary (Everlasting Love and Wild at Heart–each retailing for $75). However, my top palette pick for the newly addicted is their Essential Eye Palette ($55.00), which includes eyeshadows in Unconditional Love, Night Star, Galapagos, Nepal, Ondine, and Thunderball. You can find NARS’ palettes at NARS Cosmetics and Nordstrom, and Sephora.
CARGO Essential Eye Shadow Palette ($32.00) is totally makeup-made-easy. These palettes include four shades of eyeshadows, and they’re set-up in a way that’s pretty much paint-by-numbers… just with eyeshadow instead. It contains a shade for the brow, lid, crease, and outer corner. The palette is available in three variations: Warm, Cool, and Dark.
Stila Barbie Loves Stila Palette ($28.00) is one of the most amazing eyeshadow palettes I’ve had the pleasure to come across. It’s vibrant, has a good variety of shades housed inside of it, and the quality is superb. They’re ultra soft, smooth shadows with incredible pigmentation that blend seamlessly.
MAC Cult of Cherry Lipglass
The Scarlet Season: MAC Cult of Cherry Lipglass
MAC Cult of Cherry Lipglass ($14.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a semi-opaque ruby red with gold shimmer laced throughout. When worn alone (on my lips), it actually brings out the natural pink in my lips while adding some redness to it. It isn’t a bright, true red, though, even though it may look so in the tube. I love to layer Cult of Cherry over other red lipsticks, though, because it really makes the lipstick pop. For instance, one pairing I like a lot is Queen’s Sin + Cult of Cherry! This was a limited edition shade available from the Cult of Cherry launch back in 2008, but you may be able to find it at a CCO or eBay.
What about you? Would you wear this red?
The Scarlet Season is a series of posts showcasing and featuring my favorite shades of red lips–from glosses to lipsticks that runs through December 2009. You can sure expect to see a lot of red this holiday season!
See more swatches and comparison photos… Continue reading →
Do you like to receive beauty/makeup as a gift? Or do you prefer to buy for yourself?
I very rarely do — there are occasions where I’ve asked, but I’m 1) too impatient to wait and 2) don’t want my friends/family enabling me even more!
NARS Cosmetics: save 22% off your purchase of $60 or more when you enter code 0011290CP during checkout.
Thanks to Krystel and Sharemydeal.com for the heads up!
Holiday 2009 Gift Guide: Best Gifts for Friends
There are a few characteristics that come to mind when I’m looking for gifts to give my favorite gal pals: cute, fun, and budget-friendly. Even though we’d all love to lavish our friends and family with any gift they desired, it’s easy for holiday spending to get out of control. I always make sure to set aside a budget for friends and I try to determine a good spending level and keep it equal. (Of course, that very best friend might get a little extra!)
Philosophy Gift Sets are one of my favorite gifts to give (and receive!). Philosophy does an amazing job creating cute, holiday-themed packaging and keeping their sets high on the value side while they’re at it. They also have special scents/flavors that only pop up during the holiday season, too.
- I like their Holiday Cookbook ($35.00) is a six-piece shower gel set (each with 2 oz.) housed in a cardboard “cookbook.” It contains the following scents: Red Velvet Cake, Cinnamon Buns, Spicy Pear Cobbler, Pumpkin Spice Muffin, Gingerbread, and Double Rich Hot Cocoa. Delicious! (You can read my review of last year’s here.) You can find this gift at: Nordstrom, Philosophy.com, Sephora.
- My next recommendation is The Recipe Box Set ($18.00) is a good option if you’re on a slimmer budget (or you just have a lot of friends and would like to spread the love a bit more). It’s a cute little set in a gift-ready box and red bow tied on top. It contains two 6 oz. shower gels: Sweet Creamy Frosting and Red Velvet Cake. It is available at Beauty.com, Nordstrom, Philosophy.com, and Sephora.
Korres has a lot of value-packed sets available for holiday as well as year-round (nothing wrong with giving one of those, y’know), so if you’re thinking about giving the gift of Korres this holiday season, there’s a good variety of sets to choose from.
- Korres Cherry Lip Kisses ($19.50) is a trio of Korres’ Cherry Oil Lipgloss (includes Fuchsia, Natural Purple, and Nude shades). These are fun glosses, and when they’re available in a set? Totally worth it! (You can read my full review here.) You can pick this set up at KorresUSA.com (save 30% on $35 or more with code TEMPTALIA til 12/31!) and Sephora.
- Another Korres set I’m loving for an affordable gift set is their Best Of Korres ($25.00) which gives a nice taste of Korres’ product line without splurging on full-sizes. It’s a particularly nice set to receive, too! I also like it because it is travel friendly, and I know I can never have too many travel-sized products.