Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
I wasn’t too happy with the way this turned out (especially photography-wise, something was off!), but on the positive side, I did use a color combination I haven’t done in some time (or maybe ever, my memory is pretty faulty!). I was aiming to do something different than my norm when it comes to pairing colors together. I guess that’s one of the great things about makeup: you can apply it, and if it doesn’t work, you can always take it off in thirty seconds!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Urban Decay Baked eyeshadow (bronzy-gold), Urban Decay Last Call eyeshadow (plum-mauve), Urban Decay Mayhem eyeshadow (dark blue-purple), MAC Femme-fi eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner (purple), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Gentle mineralize blush (soft raspberry)
- Lips: YSL Lingerie Pink rouge volupte lipstick (cool pastel pink), MAC Tres Cher! lipglass (mauve)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Gentle = Plum Foolery; Lingerie Pink = Snob; Tres Cher! = Nico
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Baked eyeshadow using the 239 brush. Apply Last Call to the middle of the lid, overlaying it with Polar Opposites. Darken the outer lid using Mayhem and drag into crease using the 239. Sweep Femme-fi underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Lust 24/7 Liner on lower lash line and smudge it with Mayhem eyeshadow using the 219, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Gentle using the 129. Apply YSL Lingerie Pink lipstick to lips, and then top with Tres Cher! lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
If you were using MAC’s Brave Red Lipstick?, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.
Do you like to receive beauty products as gifts? Do you prefer buying them for yourself? Do you save up a wish list to give to others?
shu uemura for Holiday 2008
- Gloss Unlimited Mini Trio Set in Delicious Rose ($40.00)
- Gloss Unlimited Mini Trio Set in Seductive Gerbera ($40.00)
- Eye Color Palette in Secret Luscious Rose ($65.00)
- Eye Color Palette in Adorned Marguerite ($65.00)
- Eye Color Palette in Midnight Winter Sakura
- Drawing Pencil Mini Trio Set ($35.00)
- Mika Portable Brush Set ($85.00)
Now available at Nordstrom.com.
See more photos! Continue reading →
If you could revamp MAC Paint Pots, what would you change? What would you keep the same? How would you make it an even better product?
- Kiehl’s Aloe Vera Cleanser ($16.50) is made from 100% biodegradable ingredients in a 100% post-consumer recycled bottle. All of Kiehl’s net profits from the sale of this item will support the work of JPF ECO SYSTEMS. (Not quite BCA, but still a good cause.)
- Philosophy Inner Grace Shower Gel ($22.00) 100% of philosophy’s gross profit from the sale of inner grace, inspired by the life of late Dana Reeve, will go directly to the Christopher and Dana Reeve foundation.
- Clarisonic Skincare Brush – BCA Pink ($195.00) For a limited time, Sephora and Clarisonic are offering the Skincare Brush in pink. Proceeds from the sale of this brush will benefit breast cancer awareness and research.
- Sephora Brand BCA Mini Guava Passion Body Wash ($6.00) The Breast Cancer Awareness Mini Guava Passion Body Wash is a concentrated liquid that, when mixed with water, creates a lavish lather that cleanses and moisturizes, leaving skin soft and smooth. A portion of the proceeds from this pink ribbon product will be donated to organizations helping to raise breast cancer awareness and find a cure.