Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Philosophy Cinnamon Hot Dots Shower Gel ($16.00) is a spicy, cinnamon-y infused scented body wash. If you’ve been a reader for a few months, you’ve probably gotten a glimpse of my delight over Philosophy’s Shower Gels. They’ve captured my attention, because I like trying out all of the different scents, and they are always coming out with new ones.
All of their Shower Gels are technically 3-in-1 gels, because they can be used as shampoo, shower gel, or bubble bath. I only use mine as shower gels–mostly out of personal preference–I only take a few baths a year, so I devote those to getting my LUSH on, and shampoo, well — I’m always trying out new shampoos! Thus, I keep my Philosophy gels strictly for body washing.
My most important requirement in a body wash is that I can work up a good lather/foam with it. I just like the feeling of a luxuriously foaming, sudsy body wash, and this is an area where Philosophy excels. (My boyfriend is equally fanatic about the amount of lather a body wash has!) Cinnamon Hot Dots smells very much like sizzling hot cinnamon candies (like Hot Tamales). It’s definitely not a subtle scent when you’re using it, but it doesn’t linger after you’ve dried off. I personally prefer my body wash scents to fade quickly, but if you’re looking for all-day scent, this is definitely not meant for you.
I loved Hot Tamales as a kid (can’t justify eating those nowadays, sigh), so I was all over this scent. I just finished my big ol’ bottle of sudsy goodness this morning, and I’d say it lasted me a solid two months, despite my boyfriend using at least half of it with his overindulgent usage (the term “a little bit will do ya” means nothing to him!).
You can find your favorite Philosophy scents at Sephora.
Must-Have MAC Green Eyeshadows
About the Temptalia Must-Haves Series
A series of posts showcasing must-have products from MAC Cosmetics’ permanent line of products. Selections are based on quality, universality, uniqueness amongst the line, and the like. Limited edition shades are deliberately excluded to make buying easier. Readers’ comments act as a supplement to these lists of their favorites and must-haves. You can find the entire series here.
Swimming eyeshadow is a shimmery/glitter medium green. It’s a really great staple color to have, because its lightness in color makes it versatile. The only part they could improve on is by not making it a lustre finish!
Humid eyeshadow is an absolute must-have for anyone who wants to try their hand at a smokey green eye. Humid is a rich, pigmented deep green. It’s more of a forest green than an emerald green. The finish and texture are easy to work with, making this shadow extremely blendable.
Juxt eyeshadow is a light, pastel green. It’s not a cool green, but a slightly warmed up green. It’s kind of yellow-based, which is probably why it has noticeable warmth to its tone. It makes for an excellent all-over-the-lid color or even as a subtle highlighter when using other greens.
See three more must-haves, plus get pairing recommendations and limited edition recommendations! Continue reading →
How much time do you give a skin care product before deciding its working? A few weeks? Months?
Usually if I break out from a product, I give it up instantly. Otherwise, I’ll keep using it for 3-6 weeks, depending on how I’m feeling about it (or if I want to try something new).
Question courtesy of Samaya!
Eve Pearl is offering up some Gift With Purchase opportunities – she has a tiered promotion going on! You can check out my review on her lipglosses, but I’m also going to re-post my list of recommendations from earlier below, too
Use coupon code GWP0904 to get your gift with purchase! Just note that the promotion can’t be combined with any promotions, coupons, kits, etc.
- Salmon Concealer & Treatment ($35.00) — if you haven’t found your perfect concealer, try Eve’s. It’s using a different kind of color scheme (pink/peach) to hide your flaws compared to the more traditional concealers available.
- HD Dual Foundation ($54.00) — if you have ever had issues evening out your skin, get this! If you’ve found that foundations tend to accentuate any dryness or dry patches on your face, get this. I was suffering from acne breakouts/post-breakouts as well as a couple of dry patches (from using anti-acne treatments heavily), and this covered SO well without being heavy or noticeable.
- Priming Moisturizer ($28.00) — lightweight, emollient 2-in-1 moisturizer and primer product that *didn’t* break me out.
- Tri-Fold Eyebrow Razor ($8.00) — travel friendly and ultra compact, this is a great product to have on hand to quickly groom brows (or any pesky facial hair… hey, some of us have it, shh!).
- Baby Doll/Honey Bunny Lip Gloss Combo ($28.00) — double-ended gloss (and each section is removable for easy travel), but OMG, Honey Bunny is so pretty! It reminds me a lot of my famous Cle de Peau #2 Gloss. You know I gotta get any and all colors like it Her gloss is also mint-flavored, which I’ve never found in a gloss before.
- Blush Trio ($36.00) — three different shades, each compact features 2 matte colors and an illuminating bronzer.
- Eye Palette ($40.00) — four different palettes are available, each with six super smooth, pigmented colors.
- Smudgeproof Liquid Eyeliner ($26.00) — this is similar to MAC’s Penultimate Liner, but I like the brush tip/pen tip way better on this one (it’s easier to use, and it gives you more control).
- Kisses of Pearl Lip Gloss & Clutch Kit ($100.00) — hey, a deal? I can’t not bring it to your attention. All five of her lip glosses in a cute makeup clutch (which I have and love, very sleek!) for $20 a pop (instead of $28 each).
Get details on the Gifts With Purchase! Continue reading →
Row 1: Et Tu, Bouquet, Of Summer, Summer Rose
Row 2: A Rose Romance, Way To Love; Magnetique, Steal My Heart, Virgin Kiss
As promised, here are some sneak peek swatches for MAC’s A Rose Romance Collection!
Continue reading →
Tell us why/what you love, hate, or are indifferent about… HAIR SPRAY!