Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
MAC Shadesticks: Relaxed, Warm & Cozy, Nurture, Cuddle
MAC Warm & Cozy Collection: Shadesticks
MAC is definitely bringing back shadesticks with a vengeance, don’t you think? With five limited edition shades from Sugarsweet and four new (but still limited edition) shades from Warm & Cozy, it makes me wonder if we’ll be seeing more of these in 2010.
- Relaxed is a deep, chocolate bronze with a soft frost finish. It has the least frosty finish out of the four, but it’s still noticeably shimmery and has that frost edge associated with frost textures. I thought this was the most pigmented and smoothest of the bunch as well.
- Warm & Cozy is a burnt copper shade with sparkly glitter particles. I actually felt like this had a very chunky, gritty texture–it wasn’t a winner for me. Shadesticks should be smooth, and I didn’t find that this one was nearly as smooth as I’d expect. It felt like a lustre eyeshadow almost, with the way the glitter flecks were so obvious.
- Nurture is a pink champagne with a neutral feel. It’s not a bright, nor pastel, pink and it looks very fleshy-pink-beige in a way. It has the same frost finish appearance as the other shadesticks in the launch.
- Cuddle is a frosty white-gold with yellow daffodil feel. It definitely has a frost finish, and since it is so light, yet covers well, it would make an excellent base as well.
MAC New York Apple Lipstick
The Scarlet Season: MAC New York Apple Lipstick
MAC New York Apple Lipstick ($14.00) is a classic berry-based red. It’s a deep raspberry red with lots of lighter raspberry shimmer. This has always been one of my favorite MAC lipstick shades, red or not, and it’s something that suits a lot of skin tones. It can be worn alone or topped with gloss for an extra kick. MAC lipsticks usually last four to six hours on me, depending on the finish (lustres wear off the fastest), and this one stays on for somewhere in-between–five hours or so. I love layering this with a gold gloss to make it perfect for the holidays!
What about you? Would you wear this red?
The Scarlet Season is a series of posts showcasing and featuring my favorite shades of red lips–from glosses to lipsticks that runs through December 2009. You can sure expect to see a lot of red this holiday season!
Cream/Gel Eyeliner Breakdown
Cream/gel eyeliners are usually thick creams (the consistency of a cream, but the thickness of more like a paste… or a lipstick, for a better beauty reference!). They usually require a brush to apply it, and most use these on the upper lash line (they can be irritating on the lower lash line, particularly for those with more sensitive eyes). They’re a very, very popular item with numerous brands having their own take on the cream/gel eyeliner product type.
At the end of the day, they’re all quality cream/gel eyeliners and none are not worth paying for. As with many cosmetic products, some will work better on others–we’re not all going to fall in love with the same formula–but I do think these are all good picks. Personally, I tend to choose by the color/shade rather than the brand! If I had to give you a top three (in alphabetical order), they would be: Bobbi Brown, MAC, and shu uemura.
Here’s a comparison across eight different brands and their cream/gel eyeliners… Continue reading →
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
- Best green eyeliner?
- Best green eyeshadow?
- Best green eyeshadow combo?
Chance to Win $100 in MAC Products of YOUR Choice!
YOU get to pick your prize, should you be the lucky winner. You can select up to $100.00 worth of MAC products (before tax) that are available at freestanding stores. You cannot go over $100.00 (automatic disqualification, so add it up!), but of course, you can go under–it doesn’t have to be exact.
RULES: All entries must be submitted by January 5th, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with the winner once we have receipt of prizes. If a product you want is not available at my local freestanding store, I will ask you to choose a substitute.
How to Win: Just One Way
There’s only one way to win, and this is how…
Submit your entry: leave a comment on this blog post telling me what specific products you want to win. Remember, $100 or less, but not a cent more! (And you only win what you do list in your comment.)
Congratulations to Teresa H.!
Save an extra 20% off all sale items on Sephora!
Use code EXTRA. Valid through 12/31/09.
P.S. – I spotted some interesting items in the sale bin: Korres eyeshadow, TONS of Laura Gellar products (wonder if they’re phasing it out?), Urban Decay Hi-Fi 24/7 Set, lots of Kevyn Aucoin and Ted Gibson up for grams,