Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Lavanila just recently launched The Healthy Deodorant ($18.00). It is touted as 100% natural, 100% healthy, and 100% effective. It is free of aluminum, parabens, propylene glycol, talc, phthalates, and triclosan. It uses a beta-glucan technology with antioxidants, active botanicals, and essential oils to fight against odor in addition to keeping skin smooth.
It’s available in four scents:
- Pure Vanilla
- Vanilla Coconut
- Vanilla Lavender
- Vanilla Grapefruit
I tested out the Vanilla Lavender scent, and I really put it to work, as it was about 85 degrees here, and I was running around playing with the dog for a bit. The Healthy Deodorant met the challenge, and I was surprised at how longwearing it is. In my experience, deodorants that are more organic or “natural” tend to just not work quite as well as other deodorants.
The Healthy Deodorant keeps me dry all day long, and it has a nice scent, too. I find most deodorants smell quite powdery (no matter the scent), kind of as an after-scent, but Vanilla Lavender smelled like a slightly sweet lavender scent. It’s dome-shaped, which actually makes it easier to use than deodorants I’ve tried in the past. It glides on easily and doesn’t leave a slew of white film behind either. I’ll definitely be checking out the other scents, too, when I run out of this one!
OPI’s Spain Collection for Fall 2009
- Barefoot in Barcelona
- Can You Tapas This?
- Give Me Moor!
- Pink Flamenco
- No Spain No Gain
- Ate Berries in the Canaries
- Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees
- Here Today… Aragon Tomorrow
- Manicurist of Seville
- Pamplona Purple
- Conquistadorable Color
- Bullish on OPI
See more images! Continue reading →
Sephora.com has their famous Sephora Sun Safety Kit ($22.50) back in stock and available for you to purchase. I love their kit, because it contains a whole slew of trial-sized suncare products (13 in total). It also comes in a yellow beach bag made out of recycled plastic. But you know the best part? 100% of the net profits of the kit sales go towards The Skin Cancer Foundation.
- 0.14 oz Murad Essential-C Eye Cream SPF 15
- 0.23 oz DDF Protect and Correct UV Moisturizer SPF 15
- 0.5 oz Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20
- 0.25 oz Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Defense Lotion SPF 30
- 1.0 oz Anthony Logistics Facial Moisturizer SPF 15
- 0.1 oz Clarins UV Plus Day Screen High Protection SPF 40
- 0.34 oz Korres Watermelon Sunscreen Face Cream SPF 30
- 0.33 oz Cosmedicine Medi-matte Oil Control Lotion SPF 20
- 0.08 oz Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++
- 0.25 oz Ole Henriksen Herbal Day Cream SPF 15
- 0.4 oz Philosophy Hope in a Jar SPF 20
- 0.25 oz Smashbox Photo Finish UVA/UVB SPF 15
- 0.01 oz Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes SPF 30
Plus, here are current codes for sample freebies…
- Free portable, reusable tote. EARTHDAY
- Free Smashbox Photofinish sample. PRIMER.
- Free DuWop Prime Venom sample. DUWOP.
- 8 Free natural & organic beauty samples. NATURALBAG
- Purchase a pink NoNo, receive 2 free buffers and 5 blades. NONO.
- Free deluxe sample of Fresh Umbrian Clay Face Treatment. FRESH.
- Free Bare Escentuals 10-day sample and mini kabuki. PEACELOVE
7 Must-Have MAC Slimshine Lipsticks
About the Temptalia Must-Haves Series
A series of posts showcasing must-have products from MAC Cosmetics’ permanent line of products. Selections are based on quality, universality, uniqueness amongst the line, and the like. Limited edition shades are deliberately excluded to make buying easier. Readers’ comments act as a supplement to these lists of their favorites and must-haves. You can find the entire series here.
Gentle Simmer slimshine is a soft, sheer yellow-based pink, wihch kind of makes it a soft pinky coral shade with gold pearl. It’s extremely creamy, moisturizing, and it has a gorgeous glossy sheen finish.
Voile slimshine is a sheer golden-toned yellow. It doesn’t really go on yellow (at least, not for me), but it adds a very natural, easy on the eyes golden shimmer.
Funshine slimshine is a brighter version of Gentle Simmer, and it’s a bit more of a pink, too. It has just a touch of coral to it.
Bare slimshine is a creamy, opaque muted pink. It’s kind of like a nude/neutral color, but it is a bit more pigmented than traditional nude lipsticks are.
See three more picks you must try! Continue reading →
What other beauty sites do you visit (that aren’t blogs!)? Share your favorites!
For me, I tend to just visit various retailers’ websites to see what new products they’ve listed (e.g. Nordstrom)!
Zoya MATTEVELVET for Fall 2009
OMG, I just got word that ZOYA will be introducing MATTEVELVET shades this Fall.
“Designed to appeal to a multitude of matte color trend lovers; including every metro mod, vintage stylista, retro pin-up, goth beauty, glam rocker, street chic fashionista and color junkie out there, ZOYA MATTEVELVET shades deliver the new color of fashion. Get all of the color, none of shine with MATTEVELVET, Zoya’s exclusive blend of matte base and subtle shimmer resulting in utterly wearable and truly stylish nail polish.”
The shades included are ($6.00 each)
- Loredana (ZP498) Gunmetal gray matte shimmer
- Dovima (ZP499) Black matte shimmer
- Posh (ZP500) Wine matte shimmer
Availability: MATTEVELVET by ZOYA available July 1, 2009.