Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Guerlain – Ombre Eclat Duo & Liner – Product Photos & Swatches
Guerlain Eyeshadow Duo & Liners ($54.00) come in seven different varieties: L’Heure Brune, L’Heure D’Ambre, L’Heure Rose, L’Heure Fumee, L’Heure Bleue, L’Heure Bronze, and L’Heure de Nuit. Each features two eyeshadows and a coordinating liner. While the shadows are absolutely fantastic — smooth, silky, pigmented — the liner is not nearly as amazing. It can be a little stiff to work with, so you need to dig into the product a bit to get to the underside, which is a bit creamier.
When a quad of eyeshadows goes for $58, I’m hard-pressed to recommend picking up any of these (even though the eyeshadows in it are larger than the quad-sized shadows, it’s still not a great buy). My favorites were L’Heure Bronze and L’Heure Brune, both wearable and easy to use.
Where to Buy: Nordstrom.com
See product photos and swatches… Continue reading →
Tell us why/what you love, hate, or are indifferent about…
Do you fall for hyped up beauty products? Are you usually pleased or are you disappointed? If not, how do you stay strong and resist the buzz?
I tend to shop in-store, even though I often drool over things online!
Matte Alert: Zoya Matte Velvet Collection
Zoya Matte Velvet Collection ($6.00 each) consists of three matte-shimmer polishes. What’s nifty about these is that they look matte, but there is still a healthy dose of shimmer in it, so while it has that flat look, the shimmer adds depth and makes them more interesting. Keep in mind that matte-based polishes have a lot shorter wear time, particularly because a lot of top coats add shine/glossiness (which defeats the purpose of matte). Without a base or top coat, you’ll get chips pretty quickly. (Of the three nails I did, Loredana is half gone, while the other two show minor tip wear, and it’s been about 12 hours.) But, but… there is a benefit to these… they dry incredibly fast. Like insanely quickly. No quick-drying top coat required, these babies dry down completely within a few minutes (so work quickly).
- Dovima is a grayish-black with silver shimmer. I didn’t find it to be a true black, but more of a subdued charcoal. This one was my favorite of the three.
- Loredana is a silver with silver shimmer shade. It’s not a light bright silver base, but it’s noticeably bright without being too much so.
- Posh is a rich, jewel-toned ruby red. It has a beautiful jewel-tone ruby red base with soft, silver shimmer. I really love this shade of red, and being able to wear it matte is fun.
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 7/10
- Packaging: 8/10
Recommendation: If you’ve always been curious about matte-finish nail polishes, these are for you. If you don’t mind re-doing your nails after a few days, I’d strongly urge you to sneak a peek at these lovelies. They’re fun, hip, and definitely a trend for fall.
Have you picked up these new shades yet?
Check out more product photos and swatches… Continue reading →
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
Instructions: Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share it with us in the comments section!
Best waterproof mascara?: [answer]
Best waterproof eyeliner?: [answer]
Best tip for summerproofing your makeup?: [answer]
shu uemura’s Primitribe Collection is a good mix of neutrals and color. I absolutely adored the Painting Liner, which was creamy, incredibly pigmented, and easy to work with. The Primal Color Sticks were interesting, but without testing them at-home, I can’t tell you if they actually last at all. Unfortunately, the U.S. launch of Primitribe doesn’t include everything — we won’t be seeing Spinel, the pink painting liner as far as I can tell.
Primitribe Color Stick
- Rich Earth is a warm-toned, chocolate brown with golden shimmer.
- Night Maroon is a satiny burgundy-wine with more of a creamy finish than a shimmer finish.
- Blazed Gold is a warm-toned, yellow gold with lighter gold shimmer.
- Misty Grove is an olive green with a creamy texture and light shimmer.
Primitribe Mix Blush
- Echo is a blush duo of a pink-toned brown and a dark gold with gold shimmer.
- Rhythm contains a large section of rosy pink and a smaller section of muted, warmed-up light medium brown with gold shimmer.
- Soul is a combination of a satin-y medium-toned orange and a warm, medium dark chocolate brown with pale gold shimmer.
- Turquoise is a bright pop of creamy, blue-based turquoise with silver micro glitter.
- Citrine is an insanely bright, creamy yellow with a slight sheen.
- BG 942 is a creamy, mostly opaque peachy-orange.
- WN 296 is a dark, vampy burgundy-red with a glossy finish.
- P 980 is a pale, pastel peachy-cream with a frosty finish.
- WN 296 is a bright, fuchsia-red with pink pearl.
Available: August 2009; currently available in-store at Nordstrom and online at NeimanMarcus.com.
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →